Review - AGPTEK Lossless MP3 Player
May 15, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #32 of 159
Yes the above player in the same, except we have the internal 16gb memory... does this make this player any the worse ?.. I just don't know ...... Anyway up to now I have had no trouble with this player, I tried a smaller sd card from my other player to try it out....And everything was ok.... sounds, volume, ease of use...etc......
Then today I put a load of Miles Davis cds from my lap top copied on normal windows media..... about 100 ...... The only bad thing is how they come out in a sort of order, not easy to find the lps or tracks...going to internal folder, and looking down the list of LPs , Some you can find easy.... but when you play them...the LP plays in a different order to the real cd, etc.... but I can live with it.
The other thing , not so good is..... The complete miles live at say a venue, then followed by miles live at another venue.... Both  starting with  . The Complete,  etc... Are bunched together.... so all the 28 CDs are now in one folder    etc.... which is a great shame...... Still the sound, and quality still seem very good for £60 + card......

May 15, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #33 of 159

Can you compare it to some other player?

Compared to my sansa clips, and zips...... this is far better player.....for not that much more cash..... But I still like my Sony mp3 players..... Shame they now cost loads more.

May 15, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #34 of 159
  IMP is brighter sounding player than C3. C3 is very pleasant sounding and it's easy to listen for long periods, might also suit better for brighter phones. Soundstage seems to be quite equal on C3 and IMP, IMP might have a tad better imaging and more detailed sound because of brighter signature. Because IMP is brighter, it suits better for warmer phones. I think IMP have cleaner and more punchy bass. IMP has more powerful headphone output than C3. IMPs UI is light-years ahead of C3s UI, and it's very nice to use whereas C3 might be quite pain sometimes because it lacks many basic features and has smaller screen. Both are very nice sounding players and there's really no day and night differences to my ears, but I do prefer IMPs sound signature.

Thanks for comparison do you think imp has enough power to drive 50 ohm headphones to high volume I listen to very high volume?

May 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #35 of 159

Compared to my sansa clips, and zips...... this is far better player.....for not that much more cash..... But I still like my Sony mp3 players..... Shame they now cost loads

Compared to my sansa clips, and zips...... this is far better player.....for not that much more cash..... But I still like my Sony mp3 players..... Shame they now cost loads more.

Do you think IMP is as loud as clip plus?

May 15, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #37 of 159
If I was going to use my 300  ohm headphones  and if they was;nt loud enough I would just put my  topping NX1  or my Fiio  amp into use.      But for my Grado  sr 225,  or sr 60,  or any in ear buds ... this player is ok

May 15, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #38 of 159
  Thanks for comparison do you think imp has enough power to drive 50 ohm headphones to high volume I listen to very high volume?

Definitely. I tested Koss Portapros which are 60ohm and imp can drive them very loud. Beyerdynamic DT150 (250ohm), Hifiman HE-400 (44ohm) and Shure SRH1440 (37ohm), all are full sized headphones and are loud enough. I even tried old vintage headphones, Sennheiser HD 424 which are huge 2000 ohm and volume levels went way above my listening levels. So definitely imp amp is quite capable.

Strange one reviewer on amazon said it is not loud enough for him.

Very strange indeed...

May 15, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #39 of 159
Just found another name on the web for this player.. the AIGO   Z1..... ??....... so looks like at least 3 companys are bringing this out ,

May 15, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #40 of 159

Definitely. I tested Koss Portapros which are 60ohm and imp can drive them very loud. Beyerdynamic DT150 (250ohm), Hifiman HE-400 (44ohm) and Shure SRH1440 (37ohm), all are full sized headphones and are loud enough. I even tried old vintage headphones, Sennheiser HD 424 which are huge 2000 ohm and volume levels went way above my listening levels. So definitely imp amp is quite capable.

Very strange indeed...

How much did you pay for it?

May 15, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #42 of 159
  78€ including shipping, from Germany Amazon.

£60  Amazon uk  + micro sd card......free postage.

Loads up very quick. After sticking on lots of cds , Takes a matter of seconds to update player....super quick.

May 15, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #44 of 159
Just a shame about finding stuff, folders etc...not easy.... but for the cash ill survive  , mght still pick up a  Fiio M3 too........lol

May 15, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #45 of 159
  Just a shame about finding stuff, folders etc...not easy.... but for the cash ill survive  , mght still pick up a  Fiio M3 too........lol

I don't have any problems, I use only folder mode when navigating my music library. In Colorfly C3 that was only way and I made folder system where navigating and searching is easy and fast. It's even way easier on imp because of bigger screen. Check out C3s screen size, it's very small.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back