Review - AGPTEK Lossless MP3 Player
Apr 1, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #151 of 159
Glad you liking the imp and topping amp....i also use the fiio e11k too....

Jul 21, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #152 of 159
Got an IMP today which I 'scored' on ebay for 30€, allegedly 'new, other' and indeed, in box, screen film still on, but obviously pre-opened and loaded with Mario Biondi :wink: It turns on, the buttons light up, but no life on display! Whaa! After some random button pressing I get music, and it sounds great. Now, I wonder, is there any secret 'display lock' / code (like the C3 has this 3 button combo to lock / unlock) ? Or is there an 'easy' fix? otherwise this goes back ... I mean, I can listen to 'some' music, but I can't navigate / use the EQ ... any thoughts? Thanks

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #153 of 159
Tonight I managed to resurrect my IMP which I thought was bricked. It was lying on bottom of my drawer for a long time from failed firmware upgrade and I thought it was brick as windows couldn't recognize it. I finally dared to try flashing it one more time, and got it working again. :)

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #154 of 159
Tonight I managed to resurrect my IMP which I thought was bricked. It was lying on bottom of my drawer for a long time from failed firmware upgrade and I thought it was brick as windows couldn't recognize it. I finally dared to try flashing it one more time, and got it working again. :)

That's great!

I just noticed that AGPtek released a new firmware on 9/7/17, is that the one you wound up installing?

Downloadable here - http://www.agptek.com/blog/?p=1431

Have you noticed any enhanced functionality?

Sep 20, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #155 of 159
That's great!

I just noticed that AGPtek released a new firmware on 9/7/17, is that the one you wound up installing?

Downloadable here - http://www.agptek.com/blog/?p=1431

Have you noticed any enhanced functionality?
I'm right now away from my imp so I can't confirm. I believe I downloaded it from agptek website but I think it wasn't that new firmware, something 2016 maybe instead. Imp isn't my daily player by the way, but maybe I'll update fw just to see any if there's any improvements. That will be however next week once I get back to my imp. One annoying thing that would be nice to have fixed, is with exfat format micro sd cards. Every folder has some unidentified file format replica visible on imp folder view and those files are at bottom on file list so there's always 2x amount of folders you actually have which makes navigating slower. I believe with fat32 format imp doesn't show those replica files.

Jun 13, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #156 of 159
I just bought this AGPTEK in June 2019. It’s only 17$ on Amazon Spain and couldn’t let it go.
I bought also a 64gb Samsung EVO micro sd for around 16$.

33$ total for a compact player with 80gb of music.
It might be old, but I think it’s a nice offer.

Dec 2, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #157 of 159
Has anyone tried a 128GB or 200 GB card on the IMP? I use flac only on my players and would love to load more albums on this. Sometimes older players don't mention larger sizes because they did not exist when it was designed. I would be using folder view anyway so I don't care if it is unable to create a large data base.

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #158 of 159
Has anyone tried a 128GB or 200 GB card on the IMP? I use flac only on my players and would love to load more albums on this. Sometimes older players don't mention larger sizes because they did not exist when it was designed. I would be using folder view anyway so I don't care if it is unable to create a large data base.
I briefly tested my Sandisk Ultra 128gb micro sd on my IMP, and it seems to be working very well. I used only folder view mode since I didn't want to scan the database. There wasn't any lag when browsing through the card, and songs started right away. Works surprisingly fast in fact, I scrolled around my music library and song starting didn't lag at all, not a single time. I have almost 5000 songs on card, most are cd quality flac but there's also mp3. I have cleaned most of not so important metadata of my music files and don't have any album images tagged to songs either.

Mar 9, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #159 of 159
Well what a surprise to read all these again , as I have just got my old hardly used Imp charged up and cleared out all the old wma small files and loaded up new mp3 ( 320) ones. And imp still good . Stuck my Senn hd660s in without my portable amps and all good. I'll pop in a card tomorrow and see what cds / files it shows . Nice to still use it for a spare . Otherwise it's my 3 Fiio M7. Well two for now, while I'm waiting for fiio to fix one under warranty. Hope everyone is good .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back