Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 14, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #331 of 681
​I would be interested in hearing to responses to this as well.   I truly love the sound of the triple driver but after wearing over the ear iem's for years I am having a hard time adjusting to wearing these down which is the only way I find them to be usable.

The way the earpieces are angled, to wear them up, you'll need to wear them swapped left/right on the opposite ear. Of course the channels will be reversed, but there are ways to get around that with software or cabling.

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #332 of 681
I don't swap the left and right, they just fit.

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #334 of 681
I really like the sound of my 1more tripple driver (can't describe it due to my lack of proper terms), but all I know is that it sounds the best to me among many that I tried. Only thing I recently found out is that my ears really get tired after long sessions (1hour +), something that my other earphones don't suffer from. So is there anything that sounds as close to the tripple driver as possible (better is, well, better), within reasonable price range of the tripple driver, but is much more comfortable to wear in long sessions (something like soundmagic's popular small design for example)? Thanks in advance!

By tired do you mean for fitment or listening?
because I found that happened with me too especially with tracks that were poorly recorded / mixed.

Feb 14, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #335 of 681
@gtcharlie
Comply 500s work fine. I had a bunch leftover from my Dunu DN-2000j, which I lost and replaced with the Triple Drivers, and it's a perfect fit.

I also wear the Triple Drivers over ear. They are microphonic as all hell. Guess Dunu's exceptional cable spoiled me.

@Thesonofkrypton
I've never heard the V-MODA Zn, but you can read my comparison to the Forza here.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #338 of 681
@gtcharlie

Comply 500s work fine. I had a bunch leftover from my Dunu DN-2000j, which I lost and replaced with the Triple Drivers, and it's a perfect fit.

I also wear the Triple Drivers over ear. They are microphonic as all hell. Guess Dunu's exceptional cable spoiled me.

@Thesonofkrypton

I've never heard the V-MODA Zn, but you can read my comparison to the Forza here.

And do you swap the channels to compensate?

Microphonic as all hell? Too funny. I use mine walking to and from work each day as well as at the gym, and it hasn't once crossed my tiny mind that they are microphonic. It's astonishing to me that others find them so troublesome.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #339 of 681

Microphonic as all hell? Too funny. I use mine walking to and from work each day as well as at the gym, and it hasn't once crossed my tiny mind that they are microphonic. It's astonishing to me that others find them so troublesome.

They are somewhat microphonic, but its really not too bad unless you move in a way that makes the cable rub against things.
Walking around my street I've had 0 such issues with microphonics.

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:27 AM Post #340 of 681

No channel swapping. In my photo it's the right channel with the controls in my right ear.

They are somewhat microphonic, but its really not too bad unless you move in a way that makes the cable rub against things.
Walking around my street I've had 0 such issues with microphonics.

I'm currently living through a New York winter. The bulk of extra layers and coats and zippers might contribute to my being extra sensitive to cable friction that might otherwise not present itself in t-shirt climates.

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #341 of 681

The pic shows the right-side 'phone in the right ear - so there's no need to swap channels. I just quickly tried inserting my pair like that, and my instant impression is that I won't get quite as good a seal as I normally do, and the placement of the remote may be problematic. OTOH I do normally prefer over-the-ear placement, so maybe I'll try it this way for an hour or two and see if anything horrible happens.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #342 of 681
  I just put up a review of these, if anyone's interested: http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/1more-triple-driver-in-ear-headphones

Nice review - although FWIW I haven't found the Triples to be as bassy as you describe. My sine-wave testing indicated that (at least to my ears) they were essentially flat up to around 4700 Hz., with pretty good bass response down to 50 Hz. or lower. (I actually have a small bass-boost in my EQ settings for them.) I've used the Triples for a couple of phone calls, and other people's voices sounded fine to me.

Could this be a difference in the tips we're using? I'm using SpinFits.

I'm actually finding it very interesting to see the diversity of people's reactions to these 'phones - some describing them as V-ish, others (like me) finding them fairly flat; and even someone perceiving a pronounced deficit at the same frequency I found a noticeable peak. Assuming that the 'phones themselves are a basically fixed quantity, we human types are kinda weird! <g>

P.S. My own listening preferences are probably different from most peoples: a lot of (mostly acoustic) jazz, a lot of Indian classical (sitar, sarod, tabla, flute, voice, etc.), and assorted "other". Nothing techno, and (other than a bit of Amy Winehouse) nothing with hugely emphasized bass-lines.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #343 of 681
DonRadlauer
Maybe it's because iPhone is his source? I don't have bassy phonecalls on my Galaxy S6 Active. They sound about par for any headset I've used for phonecalls.

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #345 of 681

Nice review - although FWIW I haven't found the Triples to be as bassy as you describe. My sine-wave testing indicated that (at least to my ears) they were essentially flat up to around 4700 Hz., with pretty good bass response down to 50 Hz. or lower. (I actually have a small bass-boost in my EQ settings for them.) I've used the Triples for a couple of phone calls, and other people's voices sounded fine to me.

Could this be a difference in the tips we're using? I'm using SpinFits.

I'm actually finding it very interesting to see the diversity of people's reactions to these 'phones - some describing them as V-ish, others (like me) finding them fairly flat; and even someone perceiving a pronounced deficit at the same frequency I found a noticeable peak. Assuming that the 'phones themselves are a basically fixed quantity, we human types are kinda weird! <g>

P.S. My own listening preferences are probably different from most peoples: a lot of (mostly acoustic) jazz, a lot of Indian classical (sitar, sarod, tabla, flute, voice, etc.), and assorted "other". Nothing techno, and (other than a bit of Amy Winehouse) nothing with hugely emphasized bass-lines.

We certainly could have had different experiences, I'm just reporting what I hear. First note is that when I test review samples, I only test them with the stock stuff. For my personal gear I modify things all the time, but I when reviewing a product, i only use the product.  In my testing I tried all genres, songs that I know well, and though they sound great with certain genres, I just found the bass/mids to be a little out of balance for rock. Kind of like the bass guitar being right up in your ear, but the guitar and male vocals being further away.

I think what I said isn't necessarily incompatible with what you're saying. I didn't mean to suggest that they require music that already has big bass lines (i.e. Beats) - rather that I heard a bass emphasis that sounds good, just tends to put some genres off balance (i.e. metal). 

But hey, i think we both agree that they're good IEMs in any event!

@DonRadlauer
Maybe it's because iPhone is his source? I don't have bassy phonecalls on my Galaxy S6 Active. They sound about par for any headset I've used for phonecalls.

I didn't use just the iPhone as a source. I tested it with a Nexus 5, Lyr 2, Violectric V100, and NFB28. That's why I mentioned that they're too sensitive for powerful amps - even on low gain I got a little noise with the amps. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back