Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 15, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #346 of 681
inertianinja
Ah. My fault. I thought you used an iPhone because of the website you posted on. Apologies.

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #347 of 681
  @gtcharlie
Comply 500s work fine. I had a bunch leftover from my Dunu DN-2000j, which I lost and replaced with the Triple Drivers, and it's a perfect fit.

I also wear the Triple Drivers over ear. They are microphonic as all hell. Guess Dunu's exceptional cable spoiled me.

@Thesonofkrypton
I've never heard the V-MODA Zn, but you can read my comparison to the Forza here.

how do you like these compared to the Dunu's?

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #348 of 681
No channel swapping. In my photo it's the right channel with the controls in my right ear.
I'm currently living through a New York winter. The bulk of extra layers and coats and zippers might contribute to my being extra sensitive to cable friction that might otherwise not present itself in t-shirt climates.

Ah yea that could do it.
 don't have issues really in Miami.

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #349 of 681
  how do you like these compared to the Dunu's?

The signatures are vastly different but both gave me amazeballs eargasms.

The DN-2000j took a while for me to warm up to it. The size and shape of them caused me pain for the first few days I had them and I played with several combinations of tips and ring spacers and shark fins and different fitments until my ears were conditioned enough to simply wear them straight down. It was a months long effort before they were no longer a painful affair. I have to say the cable on the Dunu is a thing of beauty. I could live with the Dunu cable on everything I own.

The Triple Drivers just fit. Besides my issues with microphonics there are no comfort issues with the these at all.

Regarding sound I can say with full confidence that the Dunu is technically superior to the 1More in every way imaginable. The signatures are polar opposites with the Triple Driver sporting a warm, bassy V-shape and the DN-2000j sporting a bright, hyper detailed treble V-shape. Where the Triple is smooth and easy to listen to with a strong bass that can rumble with the right music and highs that don't offend, the 2000j is an unforgiving, surgical sound demon that burrows into the music searching for details with the precision of a hell-fire driven electron microscope.

I didn't realize how warm most of my gear was until I tried the Dunu. Both bass and treble are more extended on the 2000j and initial listening might make you think that it's a bass-light, treble monster, but it isn't. The bass is there. The SUB-bass is there. All the bass is there even more so than the Triple Driver. It's just not boosted or emphasized, but damned if I didn't pick out details I could only dream about with my other gear. At times all the extra detail,especially in the treble region, was fatiguing and made badly mastered songs, like Adele's stuff, not fun to listen to. It is the 2000j's biggest problem. Consider the news anchors whose actual age, even behind the layers of caked on make-up, were revealed with the advent of HDTV. That's the 2000j.

The 1More, with the polish of overused Instagram filters, just makes everything sound good. It's inviting and fun while also being pretty accurate. It also sounds much bigger, like a pair of on-ear headphones. I think they most closely resemble the sound of the V-MODA XS in terms of signature and body, but with better treble extension. Going back and forth between the two I was surprised to discover I prefer the sound of the Triple Driver. It's an amazing piece of gear and while I miss my Dunu, the 1More has more than made up for it's absence.

Feb 15, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #350 of 681
  The signatures are vastly different but both gave me amazeballs eargasms.

The DN-2000j took a while for me to warm up to it. The size and shape of them caused me pain for the first few days I had them and I played with several combinations of tips and ring spacers and shark fins and different fitments until my ears were conditioned enough to simply wear them straight down. It was a months long effort before they were no longer a painful affair. I have to say the cable on the Dunu is a thing of beauty. I could live with the Dunu cable on everything I own.

The Triple Drivers just fit. Besides my issues with microphonics there are no comfort issues with the these at all.

Regarding sound I can say with full confidence that the Dunu is technically superior to the 1More in every way imaginable. The signatures are polar opposites with the Triple Driver sporting a warm, bassy V-shape and the DN-2000j sporting a bright, hyper detailed treble V-shape. Where the Triple is smooth and easy to listen to with a strong bass that can rumble with the right music and highs that don't offend, the 2000j is an unforgiving, surgical sound demon that burrows into the music searching for details with the precision of a hell-fire driven electron microscope.

I didn't realize how warm most of my gear was until I tried the Dunu. Both bass and treble are more extended on the 2000j and initial listening might make you think that it's a bass-light, treble monster, but it isn't. The bass is there. The SUB-bass is there. All the bass is there even more so than the Triple Driver. It's just not boosted or emphasized, but damned if I didn't pick out details I could only dream about with my other gear. At times all the extra detail,especially in the treble region, was fatiguing and made badly mastered songs, like Adele's stuff, not fun to listen to. It is the 2000j's biggest problem. Consider the news anchors whose actual age, even behind the layers of caked on make-up, were revealed with the advent of HDTV. That's the 2000j.

The 1More, with the polish of overused Instagram filters, just makes everything sound good. It's inviting and fun while also being pretty accurate. It also sounds much bigger, like a pair of on-ear headphones. I think they most closely resemble the sound of the V-MODA XS in terms of signature and body, but with better treble extension. Going back and forth between the two I was surprised to discover I prefer the sound of the Triple Driver. It's an amazing piece of gear and while I miss my Dunu, the 1More has more than made up for it's absence.

Sweet review between the two. I appreciated that.

I have the Fidue A83 and I too find Adele's current album and especially Hello to be difficult to listen to as the top end is harsh and cluttered.  I should have the Triple Driver on Friday and i also have the Meze 12 classic coming on Friday as well.  Lots of tunes for me this weekend.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #352 of 681
I think we can all agree, the conclusion is clear - stop listening to Adele for crissake!

while I also don't really care for Adelle its upto them what they want to listen to lol

he might find that Adelle sounds the same on the 1More drivers, but I would say that I have found alot of modern music to be horribly recorded with really overall poor mixing and poor instrument separation (I think many songs are just using digital instrument sounds now), this seems to only apply to Pop/Rap of today.

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #353 of 681
Adele is so annoying.

I bought 1More Triple, should have them in a couple of days. It's really interesting that 1More as a young company opened official offices in Turkey, yet giants like Beyerdynamic still work through distributors who only want to rip you off. I applaud 1More for that.

I wonder how Meze 12 compares to 1More Triple?..

Feb 16, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #354 of 681
  Adele is so annoying.

I bought 1More Triple, should have them in a couple of days. It's really interesting that 1More as a young company opened official offices in Turkey, yet giants like Beyerdynamic still work through distributors who only want to rip you off. I applaud 1More for that.

I should have both coming in tomorrow.  The meze got favorable reviews.  Many stating that it has a similar sound signature to the Meze 99 Classics.

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #355 of 681
  Adele is so annoying.

They are trying hard to make a name for themselves, but they have been getting quite large recently.
It really depnds on if they do get famous and keep the same quality or if they fall into marketing crap for high prices as many big audio brands end up doing.

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #356 of 681
  It's really interesting that 1More as a young company opened official offices in Turkey, yet giants like Beyerdynamic still work through distributors who only want to rip you off. I applaud 1More for that.

They are trying hard to make a name for themselves, but they have been getting quite large recently.
It really depnds on if they do get famous and keep the same quality or if they fall into marketing crap for high prices as many big audio brands end up doing.

Just to be clear... 1More is not a separate company, but a brand name of Xiaomi, 5th largest smartphone maker in the world with many billions of dollars in annual sales.

Feb 16, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #357 of 681

Just to be clear... 1More is not a separate company, but a brand name of Xiaomi, 5th largest smartphone maker in the world with many billions of dollars in annual sales.

Xiaomi is still a very small company compared to others. It has a very limited market of basically China and only China.
Its been expanding quickly, but considering that it was nothing like 5 years ago doesn't make it not a "new" company.

Feb 16, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #358 of 681
Xiaomi is still a very small company compared to others.

If you mean small in terms of headphone sales, then I agree, but it is certainly not "a very small company". Small companies: Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, AKG, etc. As a company, Xiaomi has many times more revenue than all of them combined (although not in the headphone business).

Feb 17, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #360 of 681
Lei Jun is number 87 on the list of China's richest billionaires owning Xiaomi the 4th largest manufacturer of smart phones in the world.
The great thing is Xiaomi is only 7 years old. We will see some other great stuff ahead. Since 2015 Xiaomi has invested in 20 companies like 1More but has plans to invest into 100 more.

In 2014 he was named business man of the year by Forbes Asia. Also noted as one of the 11 most powerful people in Asia in 2013 by Fortune magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back