Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line Microphone and Remote
Feb 12, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #316 of 681
  Since the 500's are so much easier to come by has anyone tried those with the triple's?   If not maybe I will be the guinea pig.....

I think the 600 is relatively new to the Comply product line and people began by using 500's, and they appear to work well.
For example: http://headphone.guru/1more-triple-driver-in-ear-monitors-a-value-revelation/
"Generally, a good medium Comply 500 medium foam tip works great and these fit perfectly."

Feb 12, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #317 of 681
Good question. Just saw your join date on desktop mode, welcome to Head-Fi!
beerchug.gif

As I said before, amazeballs! In all seriousness I do have my thoughts about them, but as I'm burning them in I can hear them open up in a positive manner. I want to have at least 200 hours before I say anything relatively definitive. I will say they are worth it to get them whenever they are on sale.

Thanks!

I've always liked audio but never had money to spend on good stuff until last year. So while I've read reviews here over the years I never decided to sign up until I actually had real money to spend on audio :)
Before this my most expensive headphones were ~$40, but I do have Xonar's in 2 of my computers, and Denon Heos' in my house

Feb 12, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #318 of 681

​Extremely useful information.  Can you tell me the advantage (if there are any) of purchasing both DAC/Amp combo over just an Amp?   Never have used either for mobile purposes.

The amp will only make your device louder, while the DAC/AMP will process the audio itself and amplify it.
This means that the quality of the audio will be based on the chip inside of the DAC/AMP instead of the one inside of your phone/laptop/desktop. Which usually will be worse than a dedicated DAC/AMP unless you have a high end phone built for audio (like an HTC 10, LG V10/V20, Axon 7, etc) or a high end motherboard/sound card that has a great DAC with a good implementation (few motherboard's have good DAC implementations though).

Feb 12, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #319 of 681

The amp will only make your device louder, while the DAC/AMP will process the audio itself and amplify it.
This means that the quality of the audio will be based on the chip inside of the DAC/AMP instead of the one inside of your phone/laptop/desktop. Which usually will be worse than a dedicated DAC/AMP unless you have a high end phone built for audio (like an HTC 10, LG V10/V20, Axon 7, etc) or a high end motherboard/sound card that has a great DAC with a good implementation (few motherboard's have good DAC implementations though).

​Makes sense.   And I do not need extra volume so it sounds like the DAC//AMP is definitely the way to go as I highly doubt my phone has a high quality chip inside it.

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #320 of 681
I swear this 1More can sound like $500 iem with a tad of EQ.

This is mine. I love how 1More can deliver the mids supergood without sibilant highs. Note that I've change the tips to the one that really fits me. Find yours in the stock tips given, must have one.

Again, I have HD800 to be compared with and I still love this iem!

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #321 of 681
I spent the weekend going back and fourth between these, and my havi b3 pro1, just driven out of my Fiio x3i, and I gotta say, I think I like the triples more. The havi can scale though, not a ton, but it does get better. Not sure about the triples as currently the only thing else I can test them on is x3 as dac feeding into my pioneer sx1010, which is a good amount of overkill. Hope to get a new portable setup soon and get either pioneer 300r dap or the ifi micro did black label and use the x3 as a transport to it. Not sure if that'll even make a difference on the triples or not, but my other hps would be happy. Can anyone verify if these scale at all beyond a low to midfi dap like the x3?

Feb 13, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #322 of 681
Did anyone compared the 1more triple with focal sphear?? this 2 will be my final pick...
The focal used to cost 180$ but now available at 100$...seems like a good deal but the 1more is also a great value...

Please help me decide! : )

Feb 13, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #323 of 681
Did anyone compared the 1more triple with focal sphear?? this 2 will be my final pick...
The focal used to cost 180$ but now available at 100$...seems like a good deal but the 1more is also a great value...

Please help me decide! : )

I really liked the Sphear's sound (slightly weighty and robust compared to the Triple Driver's more detailed and expansive sound), but fit wasn't the best for me. If you have any issues with some universal's fit, the Triple Driver would probably be the better fit for you.

Feb 14, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #324 of 681
Thanks for the reply,
I just saw that the 1More 2 driver model is on sale for 40$ which is 60$ less than the 3 driver model!!!
If the difference between them are not huge I will be happy to save the difference.

Any one compared them??

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #325 of 681
Thanks for the reply,
I just saw that the 1More 2 driver model is on sale for 40$ which is 60$ less than the 3 driver model!!!
If the difference between them are not huge I will be happy to save the difference.

Any one compared them??

Basically the Dual Driver is bassier/a lot bassier than the Triple Driver.  If you like bass with a little less clarity than the Triple, then I would suggest the Dual Driver.  If you want slightly more clarity and a more balanced signature compared to the Dual Driver, then I would suggest the Triple Driver. 

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #326 of 681
I really like the sound of my 1more tripple driver (can't describe it due to my lack of proper terms), but all I know is that it sounds the best to me among many that I tried. Only thing I recently found out is that my ears really get tired after long sessions (1hour +), something that my other earphones don't suffer from. So is there anything that sounds as close to the tripple driver as possible (better is, well, better), within reasonable price range of the tripple driver, but is much more comfortable to wear in long sessions (something like soundmagic's popular small design for example)? Thanks in advance!

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #327 of 681
I really like the sound of my 1more tripple driver (can't describe it due to my lack of proper terms), but all I know is that it sounds the best to me among many that I tried. Only thing I recently found out is that my ears really get tired after long sessions (1hour +), something that my other earphones don't suffer from. So is there anything that sounds as close to the tripple driver as possible (better is, well, better), within reasonable price range of the tripple driver, but is much more comfortable to wear in long sessions (something like soundmagic's popular small design for example)? Thanks in advance!

​I would be interested in hearing to responses to this as well.   I truly love the sound of the triple driver but after wearing over the ear iem's for years I am having a hard time adjusting to wearing these down which is the only way I find them to be usable.

Feb 14, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #328 of 681
​I would be interested in hearing to responses to this as well.   I truly love the sound of the triple driver but after wearing over the ear iem's for years I am having a hard time adjusting to wearing these down which is the only way I find them to be usable.

They are designed to be worn down and my view on this is that they got it absolutely nailed. I don't see why IEMs should have to be worn around the ears - it's a right faff and if you wear glasses it can often be tricky. People here moan aboutmicrophonics all the time but in the real world nobody gives a monkeys or are so ubersensitive to such things.

Seriously, the plug and play ergonomic joy of the Triples cannot be overstated. In my opinion, of course.

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #329 of 681
They are designed to be worn down and my view on this is that they got it absolutely nailed. I don't see why IEMs should have to be worn around the ears - it's a right faff and if you wear glasses it can often be tricky. People here moan aboutmicrophonics all the time but in the real world nobody gives a monkeys or are so ubersensitive to such things.

Seriously, the plug and play ergonomic joy of the Triples cannot be overstated. In my opinion, of course.

​I hear you.  And it is not the microphonics I am concerned with as I don't really notice any.  It is more a matter of when you are used to the secure fit of over the ear there is definitely an adjustment to wearing them down even though I think the fit is fine.  I just do most of my listening on the move so it is more of a factor.   When sitting on my couch they are fine.

Feb 14, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #330 of 681
​I hear you.  And it is not the microphonics I am concerned with as I don't really notice any.  It is more a matter of when you are used to the secure fit of over the ear there is definitely an adjustment to wearing them down even though I think the fit is fine.  I just do most of my listening on the move so it is more of a factor.   When sitting on my couch they are fine.

What's odd is I still wear mine over the ear and they're far more comfortable to me that way, I can't wear them down it bugs my ears after maybe 15 minutes. One iem that's great and super comfy is the havi b3 pro1, I also loved my hifiman re262 that I had for a while those were also comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back