Review: 1964 Ears V3 triple driver custom IEM (updated 10/24/12)
Oct 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #31 of 194
Quote:
Excellent review as usual~ My D2 will be here on Monday. I am very excited how it would sound with my 5 way, LCD 2, JH16 and NT6.:) I hope D2 is not a overkill for all my CIEMs

I don't think it's overkill for those models. When I use any of my flagship CIEMs I can tell the difference between the D2 and a lesser (but still nice) setup. It's just that the V3 is somewhat forgiving, so it doesn't make a huge difference with that particular model. 

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #32 of 194
Thanks Project,the 8.A still my unreachable dream for the moment,and i am quite in a urge to find out how good is to have a custom IEM,so i may start to save money and get some ear impressions...
Best regards

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #33 of 194
great  review. I am so ready for the jump to a IEM such as the V3 or V6. I currently listen with the B&Ws C5 and my Razr Maxx. I only live  20 minutes away from 1964s shop, I gotta check them out. 
Anybody think the V6 is overkill for my setup?

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #34 of 194
How would they compare to something like a Grado RS1i? I've been wondering on replacing them with something I cant take anywhere and have looked at 1964ears for a while.

Oct 29, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #35 of 194
Quote:
How would they compare to something like a Grado RS1i? I've been wondering on replacing them with something I cant take anywhere and have looked at 1964ears for a while.

Well i can't help you but because i don't know exactly how do the RS1i sound like but the V6 is supposed to be more neutral and the V3 with a more accentuated bass and slightly recessed treble (but nothing so V-Shaped like,let say ,the Beyer DT990).For what i read here on Head-Fi Grado headphones are more bright,"Rock" oriented sound signature.
Quote:
great  review. I am so ready for the jump to a IEM such as the V3 or V6. I currently listen with the B&Ws C5 and my Razr Maxx. I only live  20 minutes away from 1964s shop, I gotta check them out. 

I think it depends more about of what sounding IEM's you are looking for.
I am not really an expert ,but as long as you would need a portable amp to pair with your phone or dap,you should be able to make the most of the juice out of your phones,so to equal this as maximum of music enjoyment.

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #36 of 194
Quote:

It might be overkill. Plus, the V6 is likely more resolving and clear, which is only going to showcase the limitations of your source. I'd go with the more forgiving V3 and save the money.

Quote:

It's a pretty different sound signature. RS1 is far more bright, edgy, in your face sounding. Which certainly has its charm with the right music. V3 is way more laid back, spacious, and smooth. So you might like the V3 but it won't be a portable version of the RS1. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #37 of 194
Quote:

It might be overkill. Plus, the V6 is likely more resolving and clear, which is only going to showcase the limitations of your source. I'd go with the more forgiving V3 and save the money.

It's a pretty different sound signature. RS1 is far more bright, edgy, in your face sounding. Which certainly has its charm with the right music. V3 is way more laid back, spacious, and smooth. So you might like the V3 but it won't be a portable version of the RS1. 

I know the sound will be different but are they comparable in SQ soundstage etc i wouldn't mind a more neutral sound.

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #40 of 194
Quote:
I know the sound will be different but are they comparable in SQ soundstage etc i wouldn't mind a more neutral sound.

Well, I just got my V6, you can check the V6 appreciation thread.

To answer your question, since I owned the RS1i, I can tell you that the V6 is not as bright as the RS1i, the sound stage is also bigger on the V6. I feel the V6 is a bit "slower", not sure if that's an accurate description, but the RS1i carry more energy to them in every rock song I listened to.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #41 of 194
Thanks for all the great advise. I'm hoping to visit 1964 ears tomorrow. I'm willing to pay the price for the V6s, but dont want an amp. believe it or  not, the razr maxx loaded with flac files sound very good using the B@W P5s,C5s and AKGs 495nc.Of course all are very efficient. I just want awesome sound everywhere I go! Life is good.

Nov 1, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #45 of 194
Quote:
Looking forward to more impressions!

Anastasia emailed me earlier today saying my iem's should go out tomorrow. That means I should be getting them monday at the latest. (Praying they arrive on saturday 
popcorn.gif
). I'll make sure to try to be as detailed about how they sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back