Review: 1964 Ears V3 triple driver custom IEM (updated 10/24/12)
Oct 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #17 of 194
Quote:
Thanks for the excellent review (as usual). Now I'm really curious how the new V6 will stack up against something like the 8.A

Thanks!

I thought I remember 1964 saying the V6 would be more audiophile oriented rather than stage oriented. But that was a long time ago so who knows what it ended up becoming. 

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #18 of 194
Quote:

Thanks!

I thought I remember 1964 saying the V6 would be more audiophile oriented rather than stage oriented. But that was a long time ago so who knows what it ended up becoming. 

That is what 1964 said. I'll be sending in my updated impressions Friday afternoon. I hope to have the V6 in a week or two.

Oct 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 194
Quote:
That is what 1964 said. I'll be sending in my updated impressions Friday afternoon. I hope to have the V6 in a week or two.

Good stuff Eric! The price sure is right at $650, though even if it ends up going up by some it could still be a good deal. Most 6 driver models run at or near the $1k mark. But of course driver count doesn't always mean everything....

Anyway, if the V3 is any indication, the V6 is going to be killer. Enjoy!

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #22 of 194
Quote:

Dang, how did you get them to do yours so quickly?

This is me speculating, so I could be wrong. I figured since I will probably be one of the first to get these, I might get them a little quicker. We'll see.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #23 of 194
Quote:

Good stuff Eric! The price sure is right at $650, though even if it ends up going up by some it could still be a good deal. Most 6 driver models run at or near the $1k mark. But of course driver count doesn't always mean everything....

Anyway, if the V3 is any indication, the V6 is going to be killer. Enjoy!

Great review by the way, project86. And thanks. I'm excited to hear these and share my findings with the head-fi fam.

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #24 of 194
Thanks for the review
the V6 shall be here next week, then I can compare it to the Miracle.

Good stuff.

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #25 of 194
I don't mean to be a little impatient brat 
tongue.gif
, but I am going to a bit upset if you guys who bought a V6 receive them before I receive my set of V3's seeing as 1964 received my impressions the day the V6's went on sale.

Great review project86! Very detailed and well-written out. Maybe I could write one as well when I get mine, but then again, the only "audiophile" equipment I have are a pair of AKG K271 mkII and Shure SE215's.

I guess I have a seperate DAC and amplifier... my Presonus Audiobox USB, but that's cheating a bit haha. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #27 of 194
Thanks about the review Project,i may see some light at the end for the tunnel (or maybe a little coin in my narrow wallet!).
In your review you mentioned that with the regarded cautions the V3 is somewhat similar with the 8.A in sonic signature with obviously a less "phenomenal" response in the low region and "clearly"  
a less performance in the detail capacities.
For someone who is tight on budget and can't afford a 8.A,do you would recommend the V3 for the more similar sound characteristic but way less cheaper?I am researching a lot on our community   and it seems to me the best affordable choice.
Thank you

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:46 PM Post #28 of 194
Quote:
Thanks about the review Project,i may see some light at the end for the tunnel (or maybe a little coin in my narrow wallet!).
In your review you mentioned that with the regarded cautions the V3 is somewhat similar with the 8.A in sonic signature with obviously a less "phenomenal" response in the low region and "clearly"  
a less performance in the detail capacities.
For someone who is tight on budget and can't afford a 8.A,do you would recommend the V3 for the more similar sound characteristic but way less cheaper?I am researching a lot on our community   and it seems to me the best affordable choice.
Thank you

That's exactly what I meant. The 8.A is the ultimate when it comes to "this type" of presentation. The V3 has similar flavor but doesn't take it quite so far. Still quite good though. 

Oct 26, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #29 of 194
Excellent review as usual~ My D2 will be here on Monday. I am very excited how it would sound with my 5 way, LCD 2, JH16 and NT6.:) I hope D2 is not a overkill for all my CIEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back