Reversible Equation Audio RP-21 Mod (56K warning)
Dec 16, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beyer foam pads may be just the ticket for you. Better highs & still some ear cushioning.

Its x-mas and I am all out, so I used the foam pads from my old headphones which like the Beyers were about half the size the equation pads and now I am loving it comfort and quality is still there =)

Mar 2, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #32 of 40
sorry if i don't know anything at all about mod...
i am planning to buy RP-21 with the velor ear pad and the foam of dt770

but can anyone explain how to put on the ear pad on to the RP-21?
Glue? or is there a place of inserting them??

thanks a lot in advance

Mar 2, 2008 at 1:18 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by flexium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry if i don't know anything at all about mod...
i am planning to buy RP-21 with the velor ear pad and the foam of dt770

but can anyone explain how to put on the ear pad on to the RP-21?
Glue? or is there a place of inserting them??

thanks a lot in advance

Although I have never used the velor pads, I suspect they install in a similar fashion to the originals as seen in the post #1 photos. Every photo I have ever seen of an RP-21 with velor or leather pads installed looks like they insert into the same slot as the originals.

Anyone else have any more direct insight?

Happy listening!

Mar 29, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenclaws /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I want the RP21s to be more comfortable, is it the DT770 pads I'm after?
Thanks!

Those or the DT990 would work. Another option is the same made of leather, although they cost a bit more.

Mar 29, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #37 of 40
Beyer pads definitely offer an upgrade in regards to comfort and I highly recommend it for the RP-21s but stay away from velours! Velour pads suck the life out of the RP-21s. Go with either pleather or leather. You have been warned.
cool.gif

Mar 29, 2008 at 9:22 PM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... but stay away from velours! Velour pads suck the life out of the RP-21s. Go with either pleather or leather. You have been warned.
cool.gif

A few think this way, I am not one of those. IMO the velour pads work fine w/ the RP21.

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #39 of 40
So this helps the upper mids and treble? That means there will be more sibilance right? Or... eliminate them?

Maybe my ears are very sensitive to sibilance, but when I first had these cans, man did those "s"s and etc. hurt me ever so harshly.

It was bad to the point where, I decided to EQ the sibilance out, for me it was around 7600 where it occured in my songs. And now my ears can relax and listen to the awesome music :).

I think I'll keep the foam on.

Edit:

I tried both Velour and Pleather pads from Beyer, and there was no noticeable sound difference. Velour did not drown out the bass, and they are oh so comfy :).

May 5, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #40 of 40
Would this make the headphones more flat or add some brightness to them?

I usually up the highs on my EQ, but since I got these headphones I've disabled the EQ DSP on Foobar, (Or left it flat) and it sounds pretty good. I just took the pad out for my left cup and I'm listening to a few songs. I'm not sure if I'm hearing the difference or if it's a placebo effect, but sounds like it's around the 5kHz - 10kHz area, but just a tiny tiny bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back