Reveal Plugins - DSP for Audeze Headphones.
Feb 8, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #91 of 418
This is how I got the Audeze Reveal Plugin to work on my Windows 10 PC using Foobar2K

Download the Reveal Plugin
1) Go to https://www.audeze.com/audeze-reveal-plugin
2) Download the PC version of the plugin
3) Install the plugin (I used the default settings and save locations)

Installing VST Wrapper
1) First download this http://www.yohng.com/software/foobarvst.html
2) unzip the zip file somewhere, there will be 3 files inside
3) copy the file foo_dsp_vstwrap.dll into the foobar components directory (default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\components)

Setting it up in Foobar
4) Start up (or close and restart if it is already started) Foobar
5) Go to File-> Preferences
6) Go to Playback->DSP Manager
7) Look for George Rohng's VST Wrapper
8) Click on it and move it to the Active DSP window (using the button with the arrow pointing to the left)
9) Click APPLY and OK

Setting up the plugin
10) Look at your windows tray (next to the clock in the bottom right of your screen)
11) Right click on the blue VST icon
12) Click on Setup VST
13) Click Add Folder
14) Navigate to and add your Reveal plugin folder, for default setting it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins
15) Click ok to close that window

Using the Reveal Plugiin
16) Now right click on that blue VST icon again
17) Click on Use VST Effect
18) Select Reveal
19) The Reveal window will pop open
20) Select your Audeze model
21) Enjoy.

***The Mix function goes from DRY (0% EQ) to WET (100% EQ)
Thank you for the detailed and informative post. Have you tried what I posted here?

Feb 8, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #92 of 418
Thank you for the detailed and informative post. Have you tried what I posted here?

Yes I have, but the plugin is not stable.
For example, after it is enabled, I would try to add preset, and it will crash the whole app

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #94 of 418

Wow! Please tell us what you think. And how successful you are at getting your target working on it. I assume you can't pass it by. ... relatively cheap too.

I was hoping to find a dap that could take a convolution filter (0pus #2? I may be confusing it with something else). But my Opus #1 feeding this dac/amp optically would work too; assuming it can replicate the VST plugins results.

Please keep us apprised.

Edit: ok some further searching and thread reading has illuminated me to the fact that this is not new, was mentioned in the iSine thread quite some time ago, and if this was going to be experimented with over @ Audeze and given an official nod, it probably would have been already. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #95 of 418
The plugin has been updated to version 1.0.1

Audeze guys could you be so kind to give us a changelog of the plugin?

thanks
Did you see Kmann's post on the previous page? Not a bullet list, but some detail provided.

Feb 25, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #98 of 418
Thanks for the plugin, it's really fantastic with my new LCD-2C! Have you considered adding a parametric EQ feature for the bass range (leaving the rest of the spectrum free for the stock settings)? Something like 5 bands for the sub 250 Hz area would be a really useful. This can of course be added through other software, but it would be nice/very user friendly to have everything in the same plugin.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #99 of 418
This is how I got the Audeze Reveal Plugin to work on my Windows 10 PC using Foobar2K

Download the Reveal Plugin
1) Go to https://www.audeze.com/audeze-reveal-plugin
2) Download the PC version of the plugin
3) Install the plugin (I used the default settings and save locations)

Installing VST Wrapper
1) First download this http://www.yohng.com/software/foobarvst.html
2) unzip the zip file somewhere, there will be 3 files inside
3) copy the file foo_dsp_vstwrap.dll into the foobar components directory (default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\components)

Setting it up in Foobar
4) Start up (or close and restart if it is already started) Foobar
5) Go to File-> Preferences
6) Go to Playback->DSP Manager
7) Look for George Rohng's VST Wrapper
8) Click on it and move it to the Active DSP window (using the button with the arrow pointing to the left)
9) Click APPLY and OK

Setting up the plugin
10) Look at your windows tray (next to the clock in the bottom right of your screen)
11) Right click on the blue VST icon
12) Click on Setup VST
13) Click Add Folder
14) Navigate to and add your Reveal plugin folder, for default setting it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins
15) Click ok to close that window

Using the Reveal Plugiin
16) Now right click on that blue VST icon again
17) Click on Use VST Effect
18) Select Reveal
19) The Reveal window will pop open
20) Select your Audeze model
21) Enjoy.

***The Mix function goes from DRY (0% EQ) to WET (100% EQ)
Thanks for the detailed instructions!
On the other hand... why does it take 20 steps and additional software to get this to work? Except maybe not because it crashes sometimes. I'd really prefer if this was a system wide eq in it's own program like Peace EQ or Equalizer APO. Less fuss and more useful in my opinion.

Mar 1, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #100 of 418
Thanks for the detailed instructions!
On the other hand... why does it take 20 steps and additional software to get this to work? Except maybe not because it crashes sometimes. I'd really prefer if this was a system wide eq in it's own program like Peace EQ or Equalizer APO. Less fuss and more useful in my opinion.
Yes we have thought of that too. Please refer my post here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/reveal-plugins-dsp-for-audeze-headphones.864146/page-2#post-13828923

Mar 1, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #101 of 418
I like the bass warmth offered by the cipher cable and really enjoyed the EL-8 with the cipher. The sound from the Reveal plugin is different than through the cipher cable for Sine and EL-8. Can a similar setting be added to the Reveal interface to emulate the added bass of the cipher? It would really help headphones like EL-8 whose treble sounds a bit harsh in some tracks, even with the Reveal corrections added.

Mar 4, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #102 of 418
Reveal AU is not detected in PureMusic, and also not in Ableton.
I installed successful first only the AU. It is in the folder Library>Audio>Plugins>Components>Audeze>Reveal
Later i installed the complete Plugin set AU,VST &&. Installation process was also correct.
Now only the VST is detected in Ableton, no AU
I use a iMac running 10.11.6 (latest) with PureMusic or Ableton Live (latest)
so whats the problem ?

Mar 5, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #103 of 418
I'm really looking forward to trying this with my LCD-XCs tomorrow at work. I've been listening to them with my LCD-2s at home and it seems to be fairly subtle. I guess that suggests that the LCD-2 doesn't need a lot of correction. I did pop through a number of other presets to confirm that it was actually altering the sound (some of the presets have quite dramatic changes.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back