Reveal Plugins - DSP for Audeze Headphones.
Jan 19, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #62 of 418
So, Foobar when put the Reveal in active DSPs, I click the "configure selected" and it is freezing up Foobar. I have to open task manager to close it. The music will still play but the program is unresponsive and frozen.

This is my fist attempt to use a VST in foobar

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #65 of 418
Quick question, when Reveal boosts certain parts of the signal to equalize the headphones, does it reduce the gain by itself to prevent peaking? Or do we have to do that manually by ourselves? Is there a way to set it to automatically move the gain knob down the correct amount to prevent clipping? Unless I'm using Reveal with Equalizer APO, I'm reducing the gain blind.

Thanks!

Jan 20, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #66 of 418
does this plugin work with vox? I am not able to figure out how to set it up. what about tidal?
If you are asking about Vox for ac, you can use the Reveal AU plugin for Mac and Vox supports AU plugin (see here)

For Tidal support, you have three options. 1) Use Roon with Audeze presets or 2) Use Menubus as it supports AU plugin and you can load Reveal, works system wide including Tidal or 3) Or this

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #67 of 418
Quick question, when Reveal boosts certain parts of the signal to equalize the headphones, does it reduce the gain by itself to prevent peaking? Or do we have to do that manually by ourselves? Is there a way to set it to automatically move the gain knob down the correct amount to prevent clipping? Unless I'm using Reveal with Equalizer APO, I'm reducing the gain blind.

Thanks!
The Reveal plugin tries to keep the loudness level close to what it was before applying the plugin, but it is only a fixed gain adjustment and does not guarantee to prevent clipping. It is best to use a -3dB gain setting to avoid clipping for most music and a setting of -6dB for music with low DR.

Jan 25, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #69 of 418
Hello! I installed this on my Mac but I don't see an option for the LCD-2C .. only the LCD-2. Is that what I should be picking anyway?
Since LCD2C was released only recently, the plugin has not been updated but we plan to update it soon with LCD2C presets. For now you can try LCD-2 preset. If you want to know what the LCD2C preset will sound like, we just made it available on Roon, you can test drive the trial version.

Jan 31, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #70 of 418
Has anyone ever got the Reveal plugin to work with AIMP music player? If so, how?
I tried with Foobar but the plugin keeps freezing. It stays on the screen but you can't change the settings for it after a while.
Thanks.

Feb 1, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #71 of 418
Has anyone ever got the Reveal plugin to work with AIMP music player? If so, how?
I tried with Foobar but the plugin keeps freezing. It stays on the screen but you can't change the settings for it after a while.
Thanks.
Sorry for your issues with Foobar2k, I would be happy to help you.

Have you installed VST 2.4 adapter (foo_vst)?
Have you installed 32 bit version of Reveal, if not just uninstall and reinstall Reveal plugin again but choose only 32 bit VST 2.4 version only.

If you have already done the above, can you tell me what issue you have?

Here is a headfier's blog ( by @EvilKillaruna, polish translation) who has nice instructions and screenshot: https://translate.google.pl/transla...alacja-i-wrazenia-foobar2000-lcd2/&edit-text=

Users who are viewing this thread

Back