Reveal Plugins - DSP for Audeze Headphones.
Nov 11, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #49 of 418
Am pretty new to this so please bear with me. Will the Foobar+DSP work if I am using a line out to an external DAC?

If the pc running foobar is connected to the external DAC through USB and you are using its line out, then yes, it will work. The DSP settings are being applied to the digital signal itself.

Nov 21, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #50 of 418
I really like what Audeze has made here, thanks a lot for giving us an option to polish the sound we get from our already great phones. I am sure the settings have been optimized for all models very carefully.

The result I got with my 2014 LCD-XC is more coherent mid-high transition and more accurately tamed upper high airiness. The setting at 100℅ is too dark to my taste, but around 25%, compared to the flat sound, I receive a more balanced treble response without losing the enjoyable XC-style sparkle. Moreover, I think the sound is more homogeneous overall with some more warmth. No need to say that all these 'little' changes are great improvements in the eyes of an audiophile.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #52 of 418
Very interesting, I’ll definitely be giving the equalizer APO version a shot once I’m back at my main system (on vacation for the holidays).

I’d like to add my voice to the choir asking for an iOS version of this plugin if at all possible as I will likely be setting up a nighttime listening station with an iPad on music transport duty.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #53 of 418
Very interesting, I’ll definitely be giving the equalizer APO version a shot once I’m back at my main system (on vacation for the holidays).

I’d like to add my voice to the choir asking for an iOS version of this plugin if at all possible as I will likely be setting up a nighttime listening station with an iPad on music transport duty.

A plugin that can do system wide convolution/presets etc on iOS or Android would very likely require a Root or Jail break unless Android and Apple start supporting a potent DSP engine at the OS level for system wide use. One reason why you do not see many apps that already do this. The alternative is to create our own Music App, which would be a huge undertaking and it would still not be system wide.

For your specific use case, to get the presets on iOS, the one alternative you have is Roon. Roon now supports iOS playback, a Roon core can do the presets and stream to the iOS endpoint connected to a DAC/Amp.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #54 of 418
One thing I noticed with the Roon preset for the LCDi4 with the Linear Filter is on high frequencies their seems to be a slight static noise. It's gone though once I set the "Volume Leveling" setting to Auto.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #55 of 418
A plugin that can do system wide convolution/presets etc on iOS or Android would very likely require a Root or Jail break unless Android and Apple start supporting a potent DSP engine at the OS level for system wide use. One reason why you do not see many apps that already do this. The alternative is to create our own Music App, which would be a huge undertaking and it would still not be system wide.

For your specific use case, to get the presets on iOS, the one alternative you have is Roon. Roon now supports iOS playback, a Roon core can do the presets and stream to the iOS endpoint connected to a DAC/Amp.
Thanks for the quick reply! I had a feeling that was the case. Hopefully you guys release a desktop dac/amp/DSP box in the future that can store Reveal settings...a “Cipher Block” if you will. :wink:

Unfortunately, I get a lot of my music from Spotify Premium. IIRC, Roon does work through Tidal, so it may be worth looking into that as an option.

By the way, I remembered I have my laptop with me, so I got it set up with equalizer APO and it’s pretty nice so far. I’ve only been listening to it (with the LCD-2 preset on my 2C’s) for a couple minutes so I’ll hold my impressions for now, but first impressions are positive. I appreciate Audeze taking steps to acclimate the high end market to DSP, I really feel as though it’s the future.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #56 of 418
One thing I noticed with the Roon preset for the LCDi4 with the Linear Filter is on high frequencies their seems to be a slight static noise. It's gone though once I set the "Volume Leveling" setting to Auto.
When you engage the DSP engine in Roon, it is recommended to set the Headroom to -3dB, this would prevent any clipping. An alternate option is the automatic volume leveling which would play all tracks at a similar loudness and would also likely prevent clipping.

Dec 29, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #57 of 418
By the way, I remembered I have my laptop with me, so I got it set up with equalizer APO and it’s pretty nice so far. I’ve only been listening to it (with the LCD-2 preset on my 2C’s) for a couple minutes so I’ll hold my impressions for now, but first impressions are positive. I appreciate Audeze taking steps to acclimate the high end market to DSP, I really feel as though it’s the future.
Good to know this worked out for you and thanks for your feedback. We will update Reveal and Roon with dedicated LCD2c presets near end of Jan, but LCD2 presets should work too depending on your preferences.

Jan 8, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #59 of 418
I am still searching the location of .VST on my MAC. Please help :)
You will find them here:
Macintosh HD:/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ (AU)
Macintosh HD:/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/ (VST)

But you may have to access the hidden folder and to do you may have to type the following in the terminal:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

Jan 8, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #60 of 418
You will find them here:
Macintosh HD:/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ (AU)
Macintosh HD:/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/ (VST)

But you may have to access the hidden folder and to do you may have to type the following in the terminal:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES

Thanks for the help. I am able to locate the file now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back