Revamp Acoustics
Mar 14, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #736 of 765
looks like I broke my fairly new Nuansa P1 the Mini USB plug broke off
is this repairable?
I'm not a great electronics welder
Is it the male part of the cable plug that broke off inside the jack? If so, you should be able to pull it out with a suitable small tool. If it is the jack socket itself, it will be necessary to remove and replace the defective usb receptacle with a new one. Any competent electronics shop should be able to do that for a minimal cost. Best option would be to return it to TJ if he is still remaining in contact via email or PM.

Apr 7, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #737 of 765
Sorry to bring bad news as well,

my nuansa A1 stopped getting proper charge since a couple of months; it became gradually worse and worse. Now, it needs to be charge for ages to hold like one hour charge or so. I replaced the battery but that doesn't help. It has no sign of physical damage and I took great care using it.

I think it might be the IC chip, I have asked a couple of phone repair stores and they all refused to fix it.
TJ doesn't reply my e-mails...

Any suggestions of what I could do?

Apr 7, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #738 of 765
Does the red charge light come on when it plugged in? Does the green light ever come on showing a full charge?
To rule out the obvious, have you tried a different cable and charger? You can use any 5v phone charger .
TJ has been out of communication for some time, nobody seems to know why.

Apr 7, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #739 of 765
Does the red charge light come on when it plugged in? Does the green light ever come on showing a full charge?
To rule out the obvious, have you tried a different cable and charger? You can use any 5v phone charger .
TJ has been out of communication for some time, nobody seems to know why.

I see, thanks, I hope we can hear back from TJ soon...

I have a bunch of cables and chargers. Some are really good quality (anker cables, skross charger), but the one that works are actually the older ones. The device will charge only if I use a low amp charger (1.0A or less), it will turn on the red light and charge, although very slowly and not completely. Last time I tried, I charged 10hours for 2hours of playtime approx.

Green light doesn't come up anymore actually but it used to do before for a while when I started to have this issue. At first I could still have complete charge.

The chargers rated at 2A and 2.5A will either shutdown all the lights, or have red and green up at the same time, but it won't actually charge.

Overall, I have a lot of blinking, on and off, different dimming intensity... the light information is very inconsistent and keep getting worse over time. Hardware is failing somewhere in the charging circuit of the A1.

I don't have a single issue about charging with the nuansa P1 in any of theses scenarios, light red/green always reliable, it charge decently quick.

Apr 7, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #740 of 765
The A1 uses the same charging circuitry as the P1. Based on your symptoms, it appears as though the charge regulator is defective. Several folks have experienced the same issue. I also did with my P1. I sent it to TJ and he repaired it. Unfortunately nobody seems to know what happened with TJ as he used to reply promptly to emails but now seems AWOL.

May 14, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #742 of 765
I'm been using the Zishan DSD still miss my P1 though (still got to get it fixed)

for the price point its pretty hard
the only thing comparable in sound and function is the super expensive Altmann Tera-Player

May 14, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #743 of 765
Hifiman HM-60X series (may still be available on Taobao).

May 14, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #744 of 765
I still use mine. Very typical NOS sound (direct and mid-focused).

May 14, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #745 of 765
Still not quite the same as a P1, though.

What happened to the company? They seemed quite promising.

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #746 of 765
I'm been using the Zishan DSD still miss my P1 though (still got to get it fixed)

Note that the micro usb ports on the P1 and A1 only have 2 out of 4 legs soldered. Which makes them unnecessarily fragile (I had to fix mine as well on the P1).
I hope TJ note this and solder all 4 legs for next batches.

Got my amp fixed at a repair electronic store specialized in micro soldering. I had to provide and order the chip myself from Aliexpress. It works OK even though the charging is very slow and there is some weird white noise when I turn it on. Should I be worried?
I think the IC charging chip broke because I was using it while charging stacked with the P1 and it got very very hot... too hot and corrupt the chip. I'm careful now and try to keep it cool.

My P1 has one of the button that is a bit mushy and sticky sometimes... maybe the membrane dies out... It doesn't bother much for now. I hope it won't become troublesome later on.
The headphone jack is very loose but works fine. I guess it is to be expected since I unplug and plug the thing nearly every day.

On a side note, I've found high quality third part batteries, the quality is as good if not better than the original batteries. I'm talking about the official batteries from educative robots "MakeBlock".
They also share the same polarity as P1/A1 so no swapping required.
https://www.makeblock.com/project/mbot-li-polymer-battery - I got them from a local store for 12,-EUR
my P1 now last for 10/12 hours with 90% flac library.
A1 approx. 6/8 hours.
the JST connector is authentic so the grip is stronger than og nuansa batteries.

I use P1 every day since nearly 2 years already, always have it on me. It is getting older but still works very well and I don't especially baby it. I hope that thing will last because I love it.

Aug 16, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #747 of 765
i miss my P1/A1 combo

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #748 of 765
I picked up a used P1 from a member and it's been portable sonic bliss since it showed up in th email. I've used my VE Zens, Audioquest Nightowls, Campfire Comets and even tried my Modhouse modified Argons.
This P1 has the OPA1662 and it sounds way different (more open, powerful and detailed) than what I remember of my original.

Makes me really want to get off my butt and get my P1's broken micro USB charging port fixed and maybe opamp rolled to the OPA1662

The amount of quality sound you can get from such a small box is amazing

Just like the Zishan DSD Pro was a jumpp from my Zishan Z3, The P1 is a jump from the DSD Pro in many ways too.

Too bad about TJ, I hope we find out what has happened to him and his venture.
He created some pretty impressive products that were also affordable.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #749 of 765
Hi, I'm sorry was inactive for a while.
There is much business that I need to do in my company, so I must inactive in audio works.
Actually, I was work on another audio stuff but still not finish.

Some Revamp Acoustics project that still on development is G2 Audio Player (for this I'm not sure I can finish the project or not) and also USB DAC (for this project I still continue the development)

Still can't find the time to continue in audio works, so sorry..

Regards,
TJ.

Sep 11, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #750 of 765
best wishes TJ
you created allot of smiles in the world
that's the best anyone can hope for with what they love t do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back