Revamp Acoustics
Sep 4, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #541 of 765
I was uploading another firmware update.
I'm sorry for making much of update, maybe it's really annoying for some users.
I choose to using rolling update, not major update (like waiting for a several problem found then releasing major update). I hope rolling update will solving the problem more fast than major update.

@MLTKSHHBT please test the newer update.

@gr8soundz I was test, the USB Dac function is okay with all update. maybe you need press the button more longer

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #543 of 765
I updated to V2.0.2 and also confirm that 24/96 files play without issue. However, they need to be in WAV format (which were still hit or miss before) as the P1 may forever have issues decompressing some Hi-Res FLAC files.

Playback is also smoother with no more stuttering between songs and no more clipping when playing 48 or 96kHz tracks. 24/192 files still won't play but resampling them to 24/96 now works (I had previously downgraded them to 16-bits which sometimes worked).

So, for any (native) Hi-Res files the P1 has trouble with, converting them to WAVs at 24/96 or less should now work flawlessly.

Sep 8, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #544 of 765
It's been said many times but I'll say it again: thanks @tjstyle for continuing to improve the P1.

Even after months of use, every day I'm still amazed by its sound quality.

I only wish I could afford to order a second P1 for my car. The no-look operation and equally superb line-out quality are perfect for the road plus the 3-level file structure works even better than I expected. Being able to skip between individual albums and full artist catalogs with a single button press is something none of my other equipment can do.

Sep 9, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #545 of 765
@Dark Helmet & @gr8soundz Thank you for the update.

I still continuing to re-efficient the code.
Hi-Res (up to 192khz/24bit) in Teri Player G1 is no problem since it's wav player only, so I have plenty big RAM available and also G1 is not NOS mode.
But in P1 it's my challenge to make the code more efficient to handle not only wav files decoder in RAM.

Sep 9, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #546 of 765

Hi-Res (up to 192khz/24bit) in Teri Player G1 is no problem since it's wav player only, so I have plenty big RAM available and also G1 is not NOS mode.
But in P1 it's my challenge to make the code more efficient to handle not only wav files decoder in RAM.
Honestly I can do with wav only. The only reason I wanted aiff is so I don't have have to have two libraries. Well I do have two identical libraries, one with wav and one with aiff. After about 5 hours in no issues. Keep up the good work @tjstyle .

Sep 14, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #549 of 765

Following my update to 2.0.1, random play no longer works for me.

EDIT: Upon further examination, I discovered the track back button is intermittently sticking resulting in the random play not being enabled. Hopefully I can get the button working reliably again.

EDIT 2: After fixing my sticky button and further testing, I found that none of the 2.xxx firmware updates will enable random play by holding the previous track button while turning on the player. It becomes unresponsive with no sound and no buttons work. All of the 1.xxx firmwares are OK with random.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #550 of 765
Haven't tried random play recently but I've noticed a few new bugs in V2.0.2 as well:

After swapping memory cards (or resetting the P1), playback always starts from the last folder (alphabetically). Happens on multiple cards, each with different file sets.

Some 24/88 FLAC files that worked on V2.0 and lower no longer play (unless converted to WAVs).

Neither are big issues for me though.

Sep 16, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #551 of 765
Firmware 2.x above doesn't work for my P1 (SanDisk Ultra 16GB), unfortunately. But 1.9 works very well. I listen in random play-all mode, most of the time. So I don't really need the new features in 2.x. Just wish that @tjstyle could release firmware 1.9.1 with improved random mode, not repeating the same song. :) But other than that, I'm pretty happy with my P1. Its size, sound, and portability complements my DP-X1.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #552 of 765
I will check about random play problem in V2 firmware.

Following my update to 2.0.1, random play no longer works for me.

EDIT: Upon further examination, I discovered the track back button is intermittently sticking resulting in the random play not being enabled. Hopefully I can get the button working reliably again.

EDIT 2: After fixing my sticky button and further testing, I found that none of the 2.xxx firmware updates will enable random play by holding the previous track button while turning on the player. It becomes unresponsive with no sound and no buttons work. All of the 1.xxx firmwares are OK with random.

Also for 24/88 FLAC problem

Haven't tried random play recently but I've noticed a few new bugs in V2.0.2 as well:

After swapping memory cards (or resetting the P1), playback always starts from the last folder (alphabetically). Happens on multiple cards, each with different file sets.

Some 24/88 FLAC files that worked on V2.0 and lower no longer play (unless converted to WAVs).

Neither are big issues for me though.

Try to reset the P1 after updating from V1.xx to V2.xx

Firmware 2.x above doesn't work for my P1 (SanDisk Ultra 16GB), unfortunately. But 1.9 works very well. I listen in random play-all mode, most of the time. So I don't really need the new features in 2.x. Just wish that @tjstyle could release firmware 1.9.1 with improved random mode, not repeating the same song. :) But other than that, I'm pretty happy with my P1. Its size, sound, and portability complements my DP-X1.

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #553 of 765
I was upload the update for P1.

Now I add LED notification when entering Reset mode and Random mode, to also make me easy to find the problem.
When entering Reset Mode: 3x blink Cyan
When entering Random Mode: 3x blink Purple.

In this last update I can confirm Random Mode is working fine, also FLAC 88.2Khz/24bit is also working fine.

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #554 of 765

Now I add LED notification when entering Reset mode and Random mode, to also make me easy to find the problem.

In this last update I can confirm Random Mode is working fine, also FLAC 88.2Khz/24bit is also working fine.

Downloading now @tjstyle. I'm the first one...
:laughing:

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #555 of 765

I agree that so far, the 1.9.0 firmware seems to be the best except for the random mode needing some improvement.. So far, I have found that none up the updates above 1.9.0 allow random play to be selected. Hopefully, TJ can address the random play issue and improve its "randomness" in all the firmware versions.

I get the 3 purple flashes for Random mode, but no music plays. I tried the reset and got the 3 Cyan flashes OK then turned off and did track back while turning on, got 3 purple flashes but still no music at all. Player is unresponsive and no buttons work until I turn it off and back on again, then it just plays sequentially. Guess I will go back to 1.0.9. again, as it is working fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back