Revamp Acoustics
Sep 16, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #556 of 765
Thank you for the feedback, LED notification is make me easy to find the problem.
So here is the update for Random mode playback problem bug fix:
https://revampacoustics.com/download/P1/P1_V2.0.4.zip

EDIT: Sorry need to mention this is beta firmware to test

I agree that so far, the 1.9.0 firmware seems to be the best except for the random mode needing some improvement.. So far, I have found that none up the updates above 1.9.0 allow random play to be selected. Hopefully, TJ can address the random play issue and improve its "randomness" in all the firmware versions.

I get the 3 purple flashes for Random mode, but no music plays. I tried the reset and got the 3 Cyan flashes OK then turned off and did track back while turning on, got 3 purple flashes but still no music at all. Player is unresponsive and no buttons work until I turn it off and back on again, then it just plays sequentially. Guess I will go back to 1.0.9. again, as it is working fine.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #561 of 765
2.0.5 is working just fine. Random play is back again! Thanks so much, TJ, for the excellent work!

Sep 17, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #564 of 765
I see V2.0.5 firmware on the site and will try it next.

Not trying to nitpick the P1 but hopefully our comments here will continue to help @tjstyle refine the software. AFAIK, only @nmatheis has gotten the P1 to work with a smartphone so I don't expect it work across the board.

Using V2.0.2, I retested the P1's DAC feature and it continues to work fine for computers but still no sound when connected to Android devices. My LG V10 (running Android 7.0; my other devices run 6.0) is the only one that acknowledges the P1 but gives an initialization error in UAPP.

Perhaps TJ can let us know the specific USB DAC requirements.

Sep 17, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #565 of 765
I see V2.0.5 firmware on the site and will try it next.

Not trying to nitpick the P1 but hopefully our comments here will continue to help @tjstyle refine the software. AFAIK, only @nmatheis has gotten the P1 to work with a smartphone so I don't expect it work across the board.

Using V2.0.2, I retested the P1's DAC feature and it continues to work fine for computers but still no sound when connected to Android devices. My LG V10 (running Android 7.0; my other devices run 6.0) is the only one that acknowledges the P1 but gives an initialization error in UAPP.

Perhaps TJ can let us know the specific USB DAC requirements.

My P1 is working just fine as a DAC via OTG out from my HTC10. So far, v2.0.5 is working well. Random is also now working perfectly.

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #566 of 765
My P1 is working just fine as a DAC via OTG out from my HTC10. So far, v2.0.5 is working well. Random is also now working perfectly.

OTG on Android is fairly fragmented and the handmade nature of the P1 might cause more variability there.

I've tried multiple OTG cables and, other than the V10, my Android devices aren't really mainstream so that could be an issue yet my Fiio E18 works with all of them.

Sep 17, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #567 of 765
OTG on Android is fairly fragmented and the handmade nature of the P1 might cause more variability there.

I've tried multiple OTG cables and, other than the V10, my Android devices aren't really mainstream so that could be an issue yet my Fiio E18 works with all of them.

I can only imagine a major problem with implementing USB Audio support for Android devices is fragmentation in the Android phone space. I can say that there P1 worked just fine as a USB DAC with my OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 5 with Nougat, but who knows if the same would be true with Marshmallow or Oreo...

Sep 18, 2017 at 4:31 AM Post #568 of 765
For the price, P1 has displayed excellent quality and value IMO so far. I can't recommend it enough. :)

I think either my card, or music library is the problem here. Firmware 2.x, all cannot work with my P1. But 1.0.9 works perfectly. I'm still hoping for firmware 1.0.9.1 to be released, improving the random mode.

Sep 18, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #569 of 765
For the price, P1 has displayed excellent quality and value IMO so far. I can't recommend it enough. :)

I think either my card, or music library is the problem here. Firmware 2.x, all cannot work with my P1. But 1.0.9 works perfectly. I'm still hoping for firmware 1.0.9.1 to be released, improving the random mode.

Have you tried the new 2.0.5 yet? It seems to fix all the previous 2.xx issues.

Sep 18, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #570 of 765
Have you tried the new 2.0.5 yet? It seems to fix all the previous 2.xx issues.
I tried all firmware, and version 2.0 and above don't work. With SanDisk Ultra 16 GB, FLAC (< level 5) + MP3 (320 kbps), ~ 500 songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back