Revamp Acoustics
Apr 9, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #92 of 765
the biggest attention for me to integrating NuTube for DAP is about microphonic effect that maybe will be produced when pressing the button or when doing something else.
But I will try some test for that.
FYI like regular tube, Nutube is also microphonic but is not loud and also not very long ringing like regular tube.

Actually I was have plan to make another variant of P1. that's totally discrete version of P1, there is no opamp used for I/V and amp stage. Basically it's a P1 + A1
So sorry, there is no rollable opamp option again.

But I still will test with nuTube also.

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #93 of 765
NuTube would be a USP!

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #94 of 765
A glass top panel could be an idea...

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #95 of 765
the biggest attention for me to integrating NuTube for DAP is about microphonic effect that maybe will be produced when pressing the button or when doing something else.
But I will try some test for that.
FYI like regular tube, Nutube is also microphonic but is not loud and also not very long ringing like regular tube.

Actually I was have plan to make another variant of P1. that's totally discrete version of P1, there is no opamp used for I/V and amp stage. Basically it's a P1 + A1

But I still will test with nuTube also.

Wow, that sounds like a hit.

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #96 of 765

Is the P1+A1 coming in 2018 or do you have an earlier estimated date?

Also, does the current P1 have an artist skip feature? I know it can skip album folders but can it skip between the main artist folders? Or is only 1 level of folders allowed (meaning no subfolders)?

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #97 of 765
Is the P1+A1 coming in 2018 or do you have an earlier estimated date?

Also, does the current P1 have an artist skip feature? I know it can skip album folders but can it skip between the main artist folders? Or is only 1 level of folders allowed (meaning no subfolders)?

Good question. The G1 only allows one level of folders. Not sure about the P1, though. tjstyle?

Apr 9, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #98 of 765
I'm focused on getting a screen-less DAP and the P1 is one of the few that is also R2R.

Have enough DAPs whose screens control everything, consume power, and whose light pollution annoys me every night. I know the details for music I'd load onto the player so don't need to see the info every time (my ears know whats what). I sometimes prefer simplicity in exchange for better performance (should be less jitter without a screen).

Artist skip is a must though otherwise I'd be skipping through dozens of albums for my favorite artists just to get to the next. Hopefully this feature can be added if not already implemented.

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #99 of 765
  I'm focused on getting a screen-less DAP and the P1 is one of the few that is also R2R.

Have enough DAPs whose screens control everything, consume power, and whose light pollution annoys me every night. I know the details for music I'd load onto the player so don't need to see the info every time (my ears know whats what). I sometimes prefer simplicity in exchange for better performance (should be less jitter without a screen).

Artist skip is a must though otherwise I'd be skipping through dozens of albums for my favorite artists just to get to the next. Hopefully this feature can be added if not already implemented.

Actually that possible because it's firmware domain, but honestly I can't make any new function for now.
I'll keep to be professional since I make Revamp Acoustics as my audio work's name, not me as personal that was make Teri G1.
But like @nmatheis was mentioning, for now I still have a couple project outside audio stuff that must be finished.
I'm happy, that my personal work (mostly I'm doing for hobby) now turn into more serious business, so step by step I will give more attention for Revamp Acoustics and must be more professional
wink_face.gif

Apr 10, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #100 of 765
Hi TJ...
Will new P1 have resume play on restart and shuffle all music files?
That is all I need.

Apr 10, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #104 of 765
Hi @HiFlight
 yes, P1 was have funstion of resumed on last track played when re power the unit.
for shuffle, it's also implemented, but I'm still developing a good way of randomization algorithm.

:D

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #105 of 765
It's getting closer, but the aluminum faceplate for P1 still not yet finished.

So, what do you guys prefer for the screen size of upcoming DAP?

It's 2.4, 3.0 and 4.0 inch.

Also my AD1862 is arrived, can't wait to making the DAC breakout to test the DAC chips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back