Revamp Acoustics
Aug 5, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #436 of 765
I will release a new firmware soon, maybe in a next couple days for fixing most of flac issues. still busy with some project, but of course critical problem in P1 firmware must be solved ASAP.

Aug 5, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #438 of 765
Hmm... I'm mostly using WAV comes on my P1. I do have a few MP3 albums that play fine. I also have some FLAC file on there. The 16/44 FLAC files I ripped myself are fine. I have one hi-res FLAC album that I purchased that does exhibit static / white noise. I should try converting it to 16/44 and see if the issue persists, but I've been too lazy, lol.

And all my files have tags stripped...

Yea I was getting noise and popping when playing Flac files before the latest firmware update. After the update it starting skipping the folders that contained flac files inside. I tend to listen to my music in random mode so it took me a bit to realize that it wasn't playing flac files, but then I noticed my random play was not playing some albums at all while other songs were almost repeat playing. Guess I'll just continue to covert all files to wav format for now.. Just thought I could get away from the wav only format with the P1. I have this limitation already with my Tera Plyr.

I'm finding the P1 is just picky when it comes to certain Hi-Res files. I've had both issues (noise and skipped folders).

Most everything 16/44 plays fine (no matter the format) but one particular 24/88 FLAC album wouldn't work after conversion so I had to copy it over natively and remove tags. Another 24/96 FLAC album wouldn't play reliably until I converted it to 16/96 WAV.

Aug 5, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #442 of 765
Thanks for the fast update @tjstyle . That's the kind of support I wish more manufacturers had. I know the P1 isn't perfect but for such a limited release your dedication is much appreciated.

Speaking of the P1, man I can't stop listening to this thing. It sounds amazing! Haven't even touched my desktop in several days despite (just a week ago) finally getting the balanced tube amp I'd long been waiting for. The amp isn't even close to being burned-in but I haven't turned it on since I got the P1 running. The P1's sound is so impressive I'd rather just use it than deal with multiple pieces of hard wired gear.

To that end (plus I have a bit of time on my hands) I've already done the update to firmware 1.09 that TJ just posted and it definitely helps with compatibility. I copied over a handful of additional HD albums that I hadn't gotten to yet with the P1 and all files play successfully. However I think I've found a possible root of the problem:

Although native Hi-Res FLACs now play easily, I'm hearing a lot of clipping and often the same noises as before. It's mainly happening with my 24/48 and 24/96 files so the P1 may have issues with Hi-Res 48kHz samples (or any multiple of 48/96/192).

To confirm, I copied over the lone 24/192 WAV file in my collection. Sure enough, it barely played and was so choppy you couldn't tell it was supposed to be music. I then converted all 48kHz based stuff on my memory card to 16-bits and they all play fine now. Don't like giving up 8-bits of data but at least it works.

EDIT: Still have a lone album that's getting skipped despite converting it to 16/96 WAV.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #444 of 765
Thanks for the fast update @tjstyle . That's the kind of support I wish more manufacturers had. I know the P1 isn't perfect but for such a limited release your dedication is much appreciated.

Speaking of the P1, man I can't stop listening to this thing. It sounds amazing! Haven't even touched my desktop in several days despite (just a week ago) finally getting the balanced tube amp I'd long been waiting for. The amp isn't even close to being burned-in but I haven't turned it on since I got the P1 running. The P1's sound is so impressive I'd rather just use it than deal with multiple pieces of hard wired gear.

To that end (plus I have a bit of time on my hands) I've already done the update to firmware 1.09 that TJ just posted and it definitely helps with compatibility. I copied over a handful of additional HD albums that I hadn't gotten to yet with the P1 and all files play successfully. However I think I've found a possible root of the problem:

Although native Hi-Res FLACs now play easily, I'm hearing a lot of clipping and often the same noises as before. It's mainly happening with my 24/48 and 24/96 files so the P1 may have issues with Hi-Res 48kHz samples (or any multiple of 48/96/192).

To confirm, I copied over the lone 24/192 WAV file in my collection. Sure enough, it barely played and was so choppy you couldn't tell it was supposed to be music. I then converted all 48kHz based stuff on my memory card to 16-bits and they all play fine now. Don't like giving up 8-bits of data but at least it works.

EDIT: Still have a lone album that's getting skipped despite converting it to 16/96 WAV.

Thank you for your feedback @gr8soundz
I also have some choppy flac song, it's about encoding process. I still investigating that problem.
WAV 192khz at 24bit, yes I also still have stuttered sound

Aug 5, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #447 of 765
Just want to confirm, the V1.0.9 Firmware is beta release.
I just need to test that playback compatibility is more stable now.
next week I will release the revamped firmware that I was tell in previous page.

Aug 6, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #448 of 765
Hey @tjstyle , on V1.0.9 I'm getting a split second of audio stutter each time I skip tracks or albums. Thought it was my Sandisk card but same problem happens on a Samsung card. Don't recall this happening on the previous firmware.

Also, is there any way the P1 can auto reset after swapping cards? I have to manually reset after every swap. Otherwise, audio incorrectly tries to resume on the new card.

Aug 6, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #449 of 765
@gr8soundz - Yes, @tjstyle had confirmed to me via PM that the stutter happens for him, too. He's working on a fix for the stutter, trying to make FLAC and Hi-Res support more robust, and adding in support for multiple folder levels for the next FW update which should be out in the next week or so.

I also asked him to give beta FW a different naming convention like 0.9b so we know it's for beta testing. I think that would be helpful. What do you guys think?

Looking forward to PA10 (already put a down payment on that one), NuTube amp, and the new mystery project (can't say more yet or TJ might come after me, lol)!!!

Aug 6, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #450 of 765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back