Revamp Acoustics
Aug 11, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #470 of 765
@HiFlight I read you have good words using the p1 line out with pb3, is that ibasso pb3? I have one. How is it compared with p1 unamped and balanced with pb3?
I find the pb3 does not add much improvement to my zishan z2 even on balanced out.

Aug 11, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #472 of 765
@HiFlight I read you have good words using the p1 line out with pb3, is that ibasso pb3? I have one. How is it compared with p1 unamped and balanced with pb3?
I find the pb3 does not add much improvement to my zishan z2 even on balanced out.
I find that the sound isn't much different when using the line-out to PB3, it just provide a lot more headroom for my phones that like a lot of power. Using the balanced output also doesn't change the SQ that I can tell, but it does seem to improve the accuracy of imaging and a more solid soundstage. For most of my phones, the P1 by itself has more than adequate power. Overall, if extra amplification is required, I think the Revamp A1 is an even better match than the PB3. I just hadn't used it much when I was initially experimenting with the PB3.

Aug 11, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #473 of 765
Can anyone care to explain what's the NOS multi-bit dac/dap vs regular dac/dap, which is used by p1? What are the advantages of it?

I'll try but others may be able to describe it more accurately. Ultimately, its best to hear each DAC/DAP personally since implementation is more important. Being NOS and/or multi-bit isn't a guarantee of great sound.

Most regular DACs and DAPs have Delta-Sigma chips which only use the 'most significant bits' of audio data. For instance, when playing a standard 16-bit/44kHz (CD resolution) file, only about 5 to 8-bits of data are used. The rest are more or less discarded and the most significant ones are oversampled (among other things like noise-shaping) to improve the output. Similar to DSD which only uses 1-bit of data but gets oversampled 64 to 512 times.

Multi-bit DACs use more of the original data (usually 16-bits or more) so the output tends to sound more accurate. I'd say that is definitely true of the P1 although I'm unsure if it's NOS. However, I do know that my 4 other DAPs can't touch the P1's sound quality. Now that TJ added artist skipping with the V2 firmware (along with other fixes I've been confirming for a few hours), those other DAPs may soon be gone.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #474 of 765
Thanks @HiFlight !
I think it definitely boils down on the synergy between devices.
As the pairing of pb3 with ibasso is fantastic, especially on balanced, but with zishan z2, pb3 doesn't shine as much. However, zishan z2 has certain qualities that bring me back to it.
I look forward to receive the p1 soon.

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #475 of 765
V2 firmware is working great:

Artist skip is a Godsend (afaik, P1 is only the 2nd screenless player to have this feature).

The P1 responds faster to button presses.

No more stuttering between tracks.

Most all files work natively (with tags removed). Only have one album at 96kHz that still has trouble playing (probably due to encoding) so I'll have to try converting it again. Other than that, imo, the P1 is much closer to perfect.

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #476 of 765
Please test with meta tag not removed, because I also was make update to handle meta tag in WAV in V2

V2 firmware is working great:

Artist skip is a Godsend (afaik, P1 is only the 2nd screenless player to have this feature).

The P1 responds faster to button presses.

No more stuttering between tracks.

Most all files work natively (with tags removed). Only have one album at 96kHz that still has trouble playing (probably due to encoding) so I'll have to try converting it again. Other than that, imo, the P1 is much closer to perfect.

Aug 13, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #478 of 765
Whew! I just finished back reading this thread. Caught my eye after reading this on Facebook. I would say that based on the impressions, P1 is very impressive as per price-performance ratio. I have a few questions though.

How impressive is impressive? I usually put a "measurement" with DAPs through a "certain performance level" via general comparison. The main DAP for my measurement is AUNE's M2s. To my ears it is relatively on par with AK380 in terms of sound quality alone, minus the features. Are the P1's on that level? Or probably better? I'm asking this since @nmatheis chose the P1 as his on the go rather than the trusty Lotoo Paw Gold. Got me curious. lol

Lastly, I'm sure I've read a possible implementation of this player with a screen, is it true? I mean, a P1 with a screen?

Thanks.

EDIT: I forgot, any possible implementation too for Balance In and Out both for the P1 and A1?

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #479 of 765
After FW 2.0 update, my P1 can't read my sdcard that working with older firmware. No light at all when I turn on P1
Try to delete all files than copy 2 file only and it work
All my files are flac 16/44 without any tags with compression lvl 4
Anybody experience this ?

Aug 14, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #480 of 765
After FW 2.0 update, my P1 can't read my sdcard that working with older firmware. No light at all when I turn on P1
Try to delete all files than copy 2 file only and it work
All my files are flac 16/44 without any tags with compression lvl 4
Anybody experience this ?

Please reset after updating the firmware:

When turn on + Hold prev album button

Users who are viewing this thread

Back