Revamp Acoustics
Jun 3, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #257 of 765
For IEM, how will SQ improve (if any) using the P1 with A1 amp?
As the A1 is a very uncolored amplifier, I found little, if any, difference in the SQ. The P1 has plenty of power for most IEM's so I would not be inclined to add the A1. When using low gain on the A1, the power output seems to be about the same as the P1 output.

Jun 3, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #258 of 765
As the A1 is a very uncolored amplifier, I found little, if any, difference in the SQ. The P1 has plenty of power for most IEM's so I would not be inclined to add the A1. When using low gain on the A1, the power output seems to be about the same as the P1 output.
Thanks @HiFlight :)

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #259 of 765
An interesting observation that is worthy of posting is while nmatheis's SQ listening preferences differ from mine, the P1 has the ability to sound great to both of us.

Jun 3, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #260 of 765
After settling on my choice of opamp, I have been spending many hours listening to my P1 with different phones that I have on hand. It seems as though I have become more accustomed to the sound of the P1 or the additional hours of use have further refined the SQ. Perhaps it is a combination of both, but at this point, of all my DAP's, the P1 is the one I reach for the most. I just find the holographic presentation to sound extremely realistic and makes my other players seem really two-dimensional.

I suspect this ability to create such a perception of space and superb timbre is due in no small part to the multi-bit DAC used by TJ in his circuit design as it sounds just as spacious and expansive when using the line-out to either my A1 or PB3 (balanced).

It would be most interesting to conduct blind testing of the P1 VS an unidentified multi-thousand $$$ boutique player and see what shakes out!!!

Thank you for your very detail impression Ron!

Let me explain what I have done when releasing Nuansa P1, but as always, I'm sorry for my bad english.
I was talk about the prototype of my NOS multibit player in previous thread, that actually this NOS player was developed before Teri G1.
But it's not easy developing the analog side of NOS multibit DAC, I've spent about 2 years until P1 released.
Trying to keeping the freq response not rolled off as maybe you was heard before on other NOS DAC/DAP, I'm not changing the sound signature just to fill what need to fill.
Philips TDA1387 is not superb expensive DAC, but even a most expesive DAC will not work better if at analog side is not optimal.

Noise measurement including THD, SNR and other scientific measurement was done.
But it's not important for you, is only important for me to make sure the schematic and parts placement was right.

Why measurement above is not important for you?
You are using P1 for listening a music, not for listening a static sound wave or a couple static measurement noise.

So I'm more expense time to using an alternative method for measuring the sound.
To achieve a "neutral" sound that I want, I play for every single sample of known instrument via P1 then record the sound that produced by P1 for analyzing the timbre.
Comparing every result that produced with many hardware configuration at the analog output, tracking the overtone in every single tone and single music instrument.
When I was found that "neutral" thing, then I'm implementing the current hardware configuration to P1.

Why I use that way of measurement that I explain above for choosing the "neutral" offset? because I believe, my neutral offset and other people offset will slightly difference.
Like here, P1 user like @HiFlight and @nmatheis, is have slightly difference, I believe mine too.
It's like for every people have different level to accept sibilance.

I know, that's unusual measuring way, but with that I was achieve my goal to finally releasing P1.

Jun 3, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #261 of 765
Thanks much for your explanation, TJ. It is evident from listening to the P1 that something exceptional was done during the design and implementation to account for the accuracy of timbre! This is certainly not something that is easy to do. Your devotion to developing the uncolored and accurate tonality of the P1 is much appreciated!

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #262 of 765
Wow...I've just found this. The level of work and thought that's gone into all of TJ's products...I can only say I'm impressed. I want a P1 now!

Edit: Whoops I'm an idiot it's on the first post...

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #263 of 765
For IEM, how will SQ improve (if any) using the P1 with A1 amp?

Ron beat me to it. I was also going to say that if you're just using IEM, there's absolutely no reason to use P1 + A1. P1 alone will be more than enough and sound very similar.

And thanks for the explanation @tjstyle. Your participation in the thread is greatly appreciated!

Jun 5, 2017 at 5:34 PM Post #264 of 765
@HiFlight did the ad8022 result in a smoother bass and a more defined separation? Does it mute anything? Is the feeling you were trying to get away from that the sound was all at once, up front, thin and sharp?

It's the ad8022ar? Could you link one from ebay, so that I don't buy the wrong one. Maybe I'll try to install it in z1 or v2s, in preparation if I get P1.

Thanks. :smiley_cat:

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #265 of 765
IMG_20170606_045359.jpg

Assembly time!

the board production will finish about 2 days, But'm sorry because delay shipment of enclosure, so the release date will delayed about ome week from 8th June 2017.

Jun 5, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #266 of 765
@HiFlight did the ad8022 result in a smoother bass and a more defined separation? Does it mute anything? Is the feeling you were trying to get away from that the sound was all at once, up front, thin and sharp?

It's the ad8022ar? Could you link one from ebay, so that I don't buy the wrong one. Maybe I'll try to install it in z1 or v2s, in preparation if I get P1.

To my ears, the 8022 accomplished what I wanted...a bit more overall smoothness and more articulated bass. I have noticed no muting of anything. I do feel that the 8022 creates a soundstage that is a little further back than the Muses. I am very pleased with the sound and find it perfect for my preferences. As each set of ears hear differently, YMMV.

As every circuit is designed differently, a given opamp might not perform the same in other products. In the case of the P1, it works very nicely.

I would avoid ordering from ebay to reduce the likelihood of getting fakes. I would suggest Digikey or Mouser (in the USA) for reputable products without a minimum order.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #267 of 765

To my ears, the 8022 accomplished what I wanted...a bit more overall smoothness and more articulated bass. I have noticed no muting of anything. I do feel that the 8022 creates a soundstage that is a little further back than the Muses. I am very pleased with the sound and find it perfect for my preferences. As each set of ears hear differently, YMMV.

As every circuit is designed differently, a given opamp might not perform the same in other products. In the case of the P1, it works very nicely.

I would avoid ordering from ebay to reduce the likelihood of getting fakes. I would suggest Digikey or Mouser (in the USA) for reputable products without a minimum order.

I wouldn't characterize P1 as thin or sharp. Would you?

Jun 5, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #268 of 765
P1
What's the capacity of the battery?
Low battery capacity indicator?
Eqs or dac filters?
Does 256 gb memory card work with it?

A1
Compatible with m2 pro by aune? It has no coax, optical, only a line out.
Wonder same thing about battery indication.

T1
Is the T1 going to be used in the next product only? Any estimates how long time it will take to be released, 1-2 years?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #269 of 765
@EGO DEATH

P1
Battery: 1800MAh
Playtime: 8-10 Hours
Charging: 4 Hours
No EQ or DAC Filters
You no wanna use 256gb card with screenless DAP anyway, bro

A1
Play time: 28~36 hours
Charging time: 4 hours
Battery Capacity: 1800mAh
Your DAP's Line Out should work well with A1

Both have battery indicator, but it's more for emergency use as it only lets you know when the battery is going to die soon.

Jun 5, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #270 of 765
I wouldn't characterize P1 as thin or sharp. Would you?
No, absolutely not thin or sharp!!! I basically just wanted to move several rows back from the performers which seems a bit smoother to me, most likely due to minor difference in soundstage.
EDIT: After re-reading this, I am thinking that the reference to the P1 being thin or sharp is referring to my Pinnacle P1 phones, not the P1 DAP. Perhaps the OP can clarify this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back