Revamp Acoustics
May 23, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #211 of 765
Got a box full of Indonesian DIY goodies today plus something from Singapore...

Revamp Acoustics Nuansa P1 plus ABNormal Dietris, Crow Audio Raven, and ELi Sabia earbuds from Indonesia and Blur earbuds from Singapore. Nice!

Mine

@HiFlight's

Attached the manual in case anyone wants to check it out.

@tjstyle's got this playing pretty much any PCM files now, which is cool. No more wav-only player

Bad thing is I haven't had a chance to listen yet. Off to fix that now :wink:
Looks like you got #2 and #5. Lucky you.:)

May 23, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #212 of 765
Got a box full of Indonesian DIY goodies today plus something from Singapore...

Revamp Acoustics Nuansa P1 plus ABNormal Dietris, Crow Audio Raven, and ELi Sabia earbuds from Indonesia and Blur earbuds from Singapore. Nice!

Mine

@HiFlight's

Attached the manual in case anyone wants to check it out.

@tjstyle's got this playing pretty much any PCM files now, which is cool. No more wav-only player

Bad thing is I haven't had a chance to listen yet. Off to fix that now :wink:

I envy you, man. Let me know if you're letting go of those babies. I'll welcome them with open arms. Hahaha! Congrats buddy! :stuck_out_tongue: :thumbsup:

May 23, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #213 of 765
May 23, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #214 of 765
@tjstyle wouldn't give up his P1 with #1, so I got #2 :wink:

We'll see. Jamming P1 + Blur right now :)

#001 is always mine, MINE! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

By the way the board just arrived, still waiting for parts arrived then I can go to production.

IMG_20170523_131124.jpg

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #220 of 765
I don't see the manual attachment anywhere on your post. Can't wait for mine to arrive! At least they are now very close.

May 23, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #221 of 765
I'm using LM4562 or OPA1612

What did you think with those two, @tjstyle?

Looks like yours has the anodized face too?

Can't wait to read your impressions.

Also, does the P1 work with SDXC cards? Trying to hold off buying (the wrong) memory cards until I actually get my P1 next month.

The first batch has painted faceplates. TJ said he'll send me an amortized one when they're ready

I don't see the manual attachment anywhere on your post. Can't wait for mine to arrive! At least they are now very close.

LINK

May 24, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #223 of 765
I've been playing with it last night, at work today, and tonight. Been using the new buds I got. Blur last night. Raven at work today. Dietris tonight.

Also listened with a top secret pair of IEM :wink:

P1 has plenty of power to spare even with the 300ohm buds I'm using. I'm doing a bad thing in using several new buds during initial testing, lol. As such, I'm not quite as I'm time yet with any coloration P1 might possess. It doesn't seem colored, though. More of a slightly warm-neutral type sound. Not warm-lush. Not cold-analytical. I think that's a good place to be.

As with the G1, I'm happy to say that the build is great. I really like the new buttons, and the new frosted LED cover is cool. Otherwise it's the same solid build. And as with G1, you can roll opamps to fine tune the sound. Nice!

The FW is a bit different. P1 plays a lot more file types than the wav-only G1, which is good for me since I'm primarily a flac guy. P1 also brings resume play (breakpoint memory) feature to the table, which the G1 lacked. It's only song, not song + location but that's better than nothing. As with G1, there is no gapless. The gap is much smaller than I remember it being with G1, but it's still noticeable. If there was song + location resume play, you could simply concatenate songs in an album or rip albums as one song. As it is, you're better off just loving with the small gap. Maybe TJ can implement song + location resume play in the future. And like G1, there's no scrubbing (FFWD/REW) within songs.

Hope that was enough to whet your appetite :wink:

May 24, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #225 of 765
I've been playing with it last night, at work today, and tonight. Been using the new buds I got. Blur last night. Raven at work today. Dietris tonight.

Also listened with a top secret pair of IEM :wink:

P1 has plenty of power to spare even with the 300ohm buds I'm using. I'm doing a bad thing in using several new buds during initial testing, lol. As such, I'm not quite as I'm time yet with any coloration P1 might possess. It doesn't seem colored, though. More of a slightly warm-neutral type sound. Not warm-lush. Not cold-analytical. I think that's a good place to be.

As with the G1, I'm happy to say that the build is great. I really like the new buttons, and the new frosted LED cover is cool. Otherwise it's the same solid build. And as with G1, you can roll opamps to fine tune the sound. Nice!

The FW is a bit different. P1 plays a lot more file types than the wav-only G1, which is good for me since I'm primarily a flac guy. P1 also brings resume play (breakpoint memory) feature to the table, which the G1 lacked. It's only song, not song + location but that's better than nothing. As with G1, there is no gapless. The gap is much smaller than I remember it being with G1, but it's still noticeable. If there was song + location resume play, you could simply concatenate songs in an album or rip albums as one song. As it is, you're better off just loving with the small gap. Maybe TJ can implement song + location resume play in the future. And like G1, there's no scrubbing (FFWD/REW) within songs.

Hope that was enough to whet your appetite :wink:
Cool. Should be interesting to see how it burns in and if the signature changes or not. What is the detail retrieval like and how is the seperation between instruments so far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back