Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Sep 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #1,051 of 2,480
Quote:
Seriously cash strapped and reluctantly have to sell my Concero HD : http://www.head-fi.org/t/679669/resonessence-labs-concero-hd-bundle-like-new
Starting a new job, but it's going to take 6 weeks to actually start, need some cash to bridge the gap. Otherwise I wouldn't even consider selling it and I will own one again !

Anyone who regularly posts in this thread, and is thinking about upgrading or jumping in...I might consider a bit of a discount. PM me please.

Sorry for the advertisement, but I am hoping someone scoops this up pretty quick.

Someone grab this thing quick - good deal, and a chance to help a good HeadFier in the process. 

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #1,052 of 2,480
Quote:

Someone grab this thing quick - good deal, and a chance to help a good HeadFier in the process. 

Thank you p86 ! Its exciting but also scary times !
It will be hard to part with, but it's one of the few things I own that has a good value and is wanted.
Labor Day weekend this may not get much attention but we'll see.

Sep 1, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #1,053 of 2,480
Quote:
Ya I am curious how the Bifrost Ubur/Concero/Dac*iTx go up against each other.  It will be interesting.  The Dac iT sounded pretty good if memory serves so the x should sound pretty good considering they are revamping the usb section of it considerably.  

Bump for this three-way comparison please. Also interested. Some comments about the Concero HD vs. W4S DAC 2 DSD would also be nice. Thanks.

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #1,054 of 2,480
AudioStream.com has just reviewed the Concero HD: http://www.audiostream.com/content/resonessence-labs-concero-hd-digital-analog-converter

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #1,057 of 2,480
Can I ask, have any Mac users updated their Concero with the latest firmware? Any thoughts? (Did it go smoothly?)

Sep 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #1,058 of 2,480
I did the first update with a Mac and it went without a hitch.

I have a hackintosh, and then I made it dual booting to PC (Windoze 8) for games. So now I can just update it while booted as a PC.

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #1,059 of 2,480
I emailed Resonessence Labs regarding the headphone jack(TRS Stereo) on the Concero HP, they said you can use TRS to RCA as DAC only, just like Centrance's Dacport LX, cable looks like this

anyone have experience with this cable on the HP?

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #1,060 of 2,480
I emailed Resonessence Labs regarding the headphone jack(TRS Stereo) on the Concero HP, they said you can use TRS to RCA as DAC only, just like Centrance's Dacport LX, cable looks like this

anyone have experience with this cable on the HP?

Wow, that's interesting... never occurred to me. But if they say it will work then I'll give it a go. I have a similar cable around here somewhere. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #1,062 of 2,480
The HP outputs 3.5 Vrms. It basically means that Resonessence has confidence in their amp stage to deliver a full scale signal comparable to other DACs. It won't have the same SNR, THD+N as outputting from a Concero HD, but it should still provide a very respectable signal, perhaps better than the original Concero (just a guess). From what I've heard out of the HP at even very low (digital volume SNR-limited) volumes, the HP should have plenty of detail and dynamic presentation.

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #1,063 of 2,480
  The HP outputs 3.5 Vrms. It basically means that Resonessence has confidence in their amp stage to deliver a full scale signal comparable to other DACs. It won't have the same SNR, THD+N as outputting from a Concero HD, but it should still provide a very respectable signal, perhaps better than the original Concero (just a guess). From what I've heard out of the HP at even very low (digital volume SNR-limited) volumes, the HP should have plenty of detail and dynamic presentation.

I'd just like to add that the low output impedance (2.2 ohms) also works in favor of the headphone jack as line-out. Now to actually give it a try!

Sep 7, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #1,065 of 2,480

Now to actually give it a try!

You've got my attention.  As great as the original Concero and Gilmore Lite are together, they're not very transportable due to the GL's big honkin' power supply.  If the Concero HP'sheadphone amp works as a line-out, then I can shed the original/GL, and also swap out my office system for a pair of active speakers.

I wonder if they could do a firmware update where the system would be able to detect what kind of load is being presented to the headphone jack and adjust the output voltage accordingly, the way the Concero and Concero HD sense what is being presented to the USB port and change the function of the coax jack from input to output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back