Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Apr 26, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #2,311 of 2,480
Virtually it does not exist.

May 31, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #2,312 of 2,480
hello,

i'm stuck in a similar but less happy place. i ran the updater and now the concero hd is not recognised on mac or pc. and since it is un-recognized i can not re-flash the firmware.

any idea, however crazy is welcome ... is there any backdoor via a raspberry pi ? sos !

- scott

Jun 1, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #2,313 of 2,480
Was the update interrupted? If not, them try "disabling power saver option in the device manager for the dac".

Jun 11, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #2,314 of 2,480
hello,

i'm stuck in a similar but less happy place. i ran the updater and now the concero hd is not recognised on mac or pc. and since it is un-recognized i can not re-flash the firmware.

any idea, however crazy is welcome ... is there any backdoor via a raspberry pi ? sos !

- scott

Did you try using a USB 2.0 port? I had a similar problem:
Final update:

Fixed my Concero by updating the firmware to version 2.2, which is supposed to have more robust USB (http://web.archive.org/web/20160828082903/http://www.resonessencelabs.com/concero-release-notes/). No more skipping

Resonessence did NOT make this easy. Their most recent firmware (v 2.7) uses an updater that "checks in" with Resonessence and downloads the firmware from their servers, which are now offline (as others have reported). Worse, they've removed all Concero firmwares from their website. Luckily, I was able to find standalone PC updaters for firmware versions 2.2 and 2.4 elsewhere on the internet.

I did have a bit of a scare when doing the firmware update using my Windows 10 PC.

I connected the Concero directly to a USB 3.0 port on my motherboard. The updater found the Concero and reported its firmware was out of date. Started the firmware update. Once the green "update" bar reached halfway (with about 11 seconds left on the countdown timer) the updater just stopped and reported "Update failed." I unplugged and replugged the Concero. Windows detected it, but no light on the DAC and no music. I ran the firmware updater again; it found the Concero and let me start the update, but again failed with 11 seconds left.

I thought it was bricked and started to panic a bit.

Then I plugged the Concero directly into one of the USB 2.0 ports on my motherboard. Ran the update process and it worked! One note: once the timer reached 0 seconds, it kind of stayed that way for about a minute, and then said the upgrade was complete.

The USB 3.0 port is also a "CPU" port while the USB 2.0 port is a "Chipset" port. Not sure what the important factor was there. (I have a Ryzen CPU).

TL;DR: Fixed by updating to firmware version 2.2. Had to use a Windows PC. Used a USB 2.0 port since a USB 3.0 port (with direct CPU access) failed.

Jun 13, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #2,315 of 2,480
hi,

thanks for responding to my post. i read your experience and did try connecting the concero hd to different ports, but to no avail. i am currently in contact with resonessence who have informed me that the problem can not be resolved remotely. i post again when i have more info.

- scott

Feb 21, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #2,318 of 2,480
Currently running a Concero HD with the IFI Purifier 2. Sounding really awesome. I wanted to sell my Concero HD now i'm not so sure, lol.

Feb 21, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #2,320 of 2,480
I've regretted selling mine ever since.....Great DAC.
My condolences :)
I'm at the stage of listening through my Music Collection again. This little DAC certainly delivers.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #2,322 of 2,480
Hi all

since their website is down and i could not find any drivers can somebody help me with a link for concero hp and concero herus plus,which is basically Thesycon Asynchronous USB Audio 2.0 Windows Driver that was available for free trough resonessence web site

thanks in advance

Apr 8, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #2,324 of 2,480

Users who are viewing this thread

Back