Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Jun 28, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #736 of 2,480
Interested to see how the new Sabre chip sounds and what Resonessence can do with it. Just committed to buying another DAC, of course... Damn curse of Head-Fi :wink:

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #737 of 2,480
These are the official specs that where just posted about the new concero's
[size=medium]Specifications[/size]

CONCERO CONCERO HD CONCERO HP  
DSD54/DSD128 No Yes Yes  
Bit Width 24 32 32 DAC Bits
Output Level 1.2 2 3.5 (at 0dB) VRMS
Output Impedance 300 75 2.2 Ohms
THD+Noise <0.005, 86 <0.001, 100 <0.001, 100 %,dB
Dynamic Range >104 >112   dB A-Weighted
Hum and Noise     <3.4 uV A-Weighted
Power 32 ohms     270, 91 mW, THD+N dB
Power 60 ohms     206, 94 mW, THD+N dB
Power 300 ohms     45, 102 mW, THD+N dB
Power 600 ohms     22.75, 102 mW, THD+N dB

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #738 of 2,480
It has a spdif plug on back, not sure if it is for input our output or both ? I know they have some capabilities when it comes to changing that I think.
Having a programmable board I think.

I am kinda bummed the HP loses the rca out, but I guess give and take.

I am going to get the HP to try for sure, will probabbly end up keeping it if I like it.

since the specs are out..I think concero HP is not for me..need those analog outs..so it's settle then..I will go for the orig concero.

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #739 of 2,480
Ordered a Concero HD last night! Will post impressions as soon as it gets here.

What <$200 SPDIF cable do you recommend pairing with it?
Are Black Cat Silverstar 75 or Oyaide DR-510 good options?
Any other recommendations?

I'm planning to use it both as a DAC feeding a Violectric V200 + LCD2 v2 headphone setup, and as a USB/SPDIF feeding a NAD c390dd + Paradigm S2 v3 + 2xRhythmik Audio SE12 subwoofers.

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #740 of 2,480
Quote:
Ordered a Concero HD last night! Will post impressions as soon as it gets here.

What <$200 SPDIF cable do you recommend pairing with it?
Are Black Cat Silverstar 75 or Oyaide DR-510 good options?
Any other recommendations?

I'm planning to use it both as a DAC feeding a Violectric V200 + LCD2 v2 headphone setup, and as a USB/SPDIF feeding a NAD c390dd + Paradigm S2 v3 + 2xRhythmik Audio SE12 subwoofers.

Probably not going to get much benefit from a boutique cable, if a difference is perceived it is most likely in your head.
I wouldn't spend over 100 bucks, I usually just buy the lowest price cardas offering because I know they are well made and I can get a discount.

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #742 of 2,480
I got a pair of these for my systems, very nice. Cables do matter! These are inexpensive.. You have to email him and cant purchase through the site. http://store.virtueaudio.com/product-p/vrtu-usb-nrv.htm
I also tried Pangea USB, the lower end model was good, the silver version was way too bright! I heard the Black Cat is nice..
I dont like to spend a lot on cables either. I had Blue Jean Cables, very good stuff.. 
For power cords I use these...
http://triodewirelabs.com
Very Very good and reasonable prices.
GL!

Oops!!!! You wanted Spdif... sry then these wont help

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #744 of 2,480
Originally Posted by preproman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty good cables here.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/

I highly recommend BJC, as well.  All my cabling is by them & I couldn't be happier with their products.  You're not going to necessarily get eye candy.. but you'll get terrific build, HQ materials, and (what feels like) commercial-grade reliability.  I've got a BJC coax cable to connect a Izmo M1 (USB-to-SPDIF) converter to the Vio V800 DAC.  I suggesting getting the Belden 1505F cable over the standard (1694A) cable.. the 1505F is much more flexible and better suited for a desktop audio rig.  The 1694A has the thickness and flexibility of a typical coax cable you'd use to connect your TV to a (wall port) cable connection.

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #745 of 2,480
Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-PureAV-AV50100-04-Digital-Coaxial/dp/B000653GX2

Have been meaning to order one or two of these to try out.  Won't break the bank and appear to be solid.

I have used the Belkin Silver Series analog RCA cables and outside of being just a touch plasticky feeling (doesn't matter once plugged in), they have been great.  Comparable to higher end cables that I have listened to.  I don't doubt that the digital coax cable would be any different.

I have one of these: http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/ETHEXSD1/ETHEREAL-EXS-D1-Silver-Plated-4x-Shield-Digital-Coax-Audio-Cable-3.2ft/1.html  It is overbuilt with audiophile approved components and is stiff as all get out, but it was cheap and hasn't given me any problems.  There are only so many ways to build a standard coax cable, and this seems to be a very good one.

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #748 of 2,480
Resonessence tweeted this in an exchange with digitalaudioreview
[size=smaller] [/size]
@digitalaudiorvw decided to give a Mac/PC app that can configure the HP to either SPDIF in or out as a 1time setup. Release this week

I wonder what  this means, so you buy the thing and then you have 1 chance to choose whether its an input our output ?
Or can you change it back and forth as needed ? Not quite sure.

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #750 of 2,480
Another Blue Jeans Cable customer chiming in here, happy with my previous purchases. I've never heard a difference in the setups where I used them (home theater), but they always seemed very well made and haven't given me any issues so far (8 years running). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back