Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Jun 11, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #676 of 2,480
Quote:
Pretty much what I figured, at 1/3 the cost or so I don't/didn't think it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

I am going to place an order for the Concero tomorrow, I am mainly going to be using it as a usb to spdif converter.
Slotting it in between my computer and powered speakers, trying to get excited
bigsmile_face.gif
about my new budget friendly setup after losing my job
frown.gif
Completely slashed my main setup down to about 1/10th what it used to be value wise. So far so good though and I am hoping the Concero will be a good value for the price
biggrin.gif

How could you lose your job, hiring is up, the economy is getting better...I was just told that I am getting laid off end of August. Maybe see you in Unemployment line. I am hoping to get either a Concero or an Uber Bifrost before then. I actually don't think I could go wrong with either one to be honest.

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #678 of 2,480
Quote:
Whats up with you guys losing your job and buying stuff that can wait. Maybe you will need that money? Unless you guys are really young and living with your parents. Then go hog wild! 
tongue_smile.gif

Well in my case it was because I have sold almost all of my old setup, so I am pocketing alot of cash and moving onto a much cheaper setup which the Concero will be an integral part of ! It arrives Friday I am very excited
L3000.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #679 of 2,480
Yeah after install I am getting a glitch in playback at random it seems. Audio just drops out then kicks back in.
Emailed Mark.

Does anyone else have that issue, I am on a pc.

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #682 of 2,480
I'm on Filter 1 tonight and God the Concero is amazing. It obliterates the Bifrost/Modi in everyway possible. I need to sleep, but I keep thinking one more song. I'm captivated by the insane resolution, sharpness of attack, and focus; detail extraction is off the charts. So much sound from such a small package. Just remarkable.
L3000.gif

Edit: Texture of the bass is giving me goosebumps again. God I love this thing. I can't live without it period.

Jun 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #683 of 2,480
Quote:
Yeah after install I am getting a glitch in playback at random it seems. Audio just drops out then kicks back in.
Emailed Mark.

Does anyone else have that issue, I am on a pc.

No, never on a PC, though I had weirdness with a Linux music server (it only worked with certain resolutions).

Quote:
Hi all, anyone have Concero with Burson Soloist pair for LCD2?

I know someone who uses this combo. He likes it but says it might be a tad "polite" for some people. For his preferences it works very well. Haven't heard it myself though. 

Quote:
Subbed --- fascinated by the Concero HP and the Herus...
popcorn.gif

I assume you mean the Invicta Mirus? I might get a chance to play with one some day, compare it to the original Invicta. Should be fun. 

Quote:
I'm on Filter 1 tonight and God the Concero is amazing. It obliterates the Bifrost/Modi in everyway possible. I need to sleep, but I keep thinking one more song. I'm captivated by the insane resolution, sharpness of attack, and focus; detail extraction is off the charts. So much sound from such a small package. Just remarkable.
L3000.gif

Edit: Texture of the bass is giving me goosebumps again. God I love this thing. I can't live without it period.

Nice! I know what you mean - can you believe that bass performance from such a tiny, USB powered thing? It boggles the mind. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #684 of 2,480
Quote:
  I assume you mean the Invicta Mirus? I might get a chance to play with one some day, compare it to the original Invicta. Should be fun.

No, I meant the Herus, which is supposedly what they're calling that tiny, Dragonfly looking thing that they posted on their Twitter account.

The Mirus is too rich for my blood, haha, though those measurements blow me away. What they're able to do with optimizing the performance of ESS parts is amazing; then again, considering so many of their engineers basically designed the Sabre chips, it's not quite a coincidence I guess.

BTW, is Mark Mallinson related to Martin Mallinson of ESSTech?

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #685 of 2,480
Quote:

No, I meant the Herus, which is supposedly what they're calling that tiny, Dragonfly looking thing that they posted on their Twitter account.

The Mirus is too rich for my blood, haha, though those measurements blow me away. What they're able to do with optimizing the performance of ESS parts is amazing; then again, considering so many of their engineers basically designed the Sabre chips, it's not quite a coincidence I guess.

Brothers I believe.

+1 for being part of the original Sabre development. Translation? These boys KNOW how to implement Sabre to the max.

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #686 of 2,480
Quote:

Nice! I know what you mean - can you believe that bass performance from such a tiny, USB powered thing? It boggles the mind. 

I know! The bass is awesome, pure juicy fat bass that hits hard/fast with precision. I think the Concero pairs well with aggressive amps; it's the calm/neutral genius in the back feeding the aggressive front everything it needs to make the music brilliant.

Edit: Back to Filter 2 this morning. God it's so hard to choose. Each has its merits. It's like choosing between chocolate vs. chocolate.

Jun 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #688 of 2,480
Quote:

Oops, my error, I forgot about that little guy. Could be a good one considering the "issues" with the Explorer recently. 

Quote:
Brothers I believe.

+1 for being part of the original Sabre development. Translation? These boys KNOW how to implement Sabre to the max.

Yep, that's his bro. 

Quote:
Looking for a comparison between the Concero and the Jkenny Ciunas.   

Sorry, never heard any of the Jkenny stuff. Will have to try one of these days, as I hear good things. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #689 of 2,480
Quote:
Looking for a comparison between the Concero and the Jkenny Ciunas.   

Just get yourself a NFB-27 for your balanced Mad Dogs 
biggrin.gif
. The beast might be too big for your bed rig, though.

Easily trumps the Concero in every possible way (except size, maybe 
ph34r.gif
) and comes with a beast of a headphone amp too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back