Reserve VERNUS, a springtime version of the DUNU FALCON PRO, limited to 100 units worldwide!
May 25, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #106 of 124
I can tell even over night they sound more spacious with more body to the sound. Astounding the level of sound quality you can get for the bucks nowadays. This has to be one of if not the best single dynamic in the price range as far as I am concerned. I feel lucky to own a set.

Not to mention they look stunning in person. Dunu did an absolute awesome job on this one.

On the other hand I kinda feel bad for folks that wanted a set but can't due to the limited availablility. Dunu should reconsider making more of these I bet they can easily sell another 100 pieces within an hour. Lol.
My memory of the OG Dark Magician is fading so I can no longer include it in the following statement. But I can say it is the best single DD I have memory of.
I wish it had a little more sub-bass, I understand it's just down to tuning preferences. Mid-bass might be the best out of IEMs I've tried.

May 25, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #107 of 124
I know your not much into your cables but I would imagine a thicker higher end copper cable will help with that and some tip rolling. I haven't quite gotten to these aspects myself but so far I am liking what I am hearing.

I will report back with some adjustments to see if I can get the bass end to be a bit more emphasized. It has pretty much a similar bass end to the Titan S but with the Titan S tips make a huge difference as far as bass end goes.

May 25, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #108 of 124
My memory of the OG Dark Magician is fading so I can no longer include it in the following statement. But I can say it is the best single DD I have memory of.
I wish it had a little more sub-bass, I understand it's just down to tuning preferences. Mid-bass might be the best out of IEMs I've tried.

All of these reports are very encouraging. My set is out for delivery today.

May 25, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #109 of 124
Well they definitely have a mild roll off in the sub bass region. Which is about the only real negative I can say about them. Otherwise. Acoustical, jazz, orchestral, vocal music kicks ass on them. Gotta leave something for the higher end Dunu stuff. Lol.

Just tried a thicker PAC480 cable and if you guys feel they need a thicker note weight. A thicker cables helps for certain.

May 25, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #110 of 124
I can tell even over night they sound more spacious with more body to the sound. Astounding the level of sound quality you can get for the bucks nowadays. This has to be one of if not the best single dynamic in the price range as far as I am concerned. I feel lucky to own a set.

Not to mention they look stunning in person. Dunu did an absolute awesome job on this one.

On the other hand I kinda feel bad for folks that wanted a set but can't due to the limited availablility. Dunu should reconsider making more of these I bet they can easily sell another 100 pieces within an hour. Lol.
I'd be in for a set, if they ever decided to make more. I love a good DD, and would love to hear these some day. . .

May 25, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #111 of 124
I'd be in for a set, if they ever decided to make more. I love a good DD, and would love to hear these some day. . .
Oh yea for the bucks these are a no brainer. They sound much more higher end than they have a right to be. That minor sub bass roll off has nothing to do with how good they are technically. I just can't get over how good they separate sound making instruments and vocals sound stupendous.

I can tell the diamond like carbon diaphragm being used on the Vernus/ Falcon pro even without knowing what it was using and how strong their magnets are 1.6 Tesla. Lol. Is highly resolving. The resolution on these are ridiculous, especially at this price range. These are not too far off the detail level of the Zens.

Wish I still had then #38 EA cables @Wes S. I bet they would pair perfectly with the Vernus

Last edited:
May 25, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #112 of 124
Oh yea for the bucks these are a no brainer. They sound much more higher end than they have a right to be. That minor sub bass roll off has nothing to do with how good they are technically. I just can't get over how good they separate sound making instruments and vocals sound stupendous.

I can tell the diamond like carbon diaphragm being used on the Vernus/ Falcon pro even without knowing what it was using and how strong their magnets are 1.6 Tesla. Lol. Is highly resolving. The resolution on these are ridiculous, especially at this price range. These are not too far off the detail level of the Zens.
Man, now I really want a set. If anyone doesn't get on with theirs and wants to sell them, please hit me up.

May 25, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #113 of 124
I guess I was slow to pay 😆
4B888C30-7DCF-4693-8CAD-EC5A1AEC2F83.jpeg

May 25, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #114 of 124
Finally got mine.

5541B13E-DF7E-46BD-B17F-1D909DE5FADB.jpeg

They’re a really pretty shade of deep turquoise. The package is impressive too. Plenty of tip choices, a nice zip pouch, a cool little mesh sleeve to slip the earpieces into, a modular cable, a cleaning brush and a very nice microfiber cloth. Can’t ask for more!

I have no significant time on them yet but my impression after listing to a couple orchestral tracks is positive. They’re very clean and articulate across the entire FR.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #115 of 124
I know your not much into your cables but I would imagine a thicker higher end copper cable will help with that and some tip rolling. I haven't quite gotten to these aspects myself but so far I am liking what I am hearing.

One thing I've overlooked since receiving mine is cable rolling. I'm currently using Xinhs version of the BlackJelly cable by NiceHCK, which is a 7N OCC graphene hybrid. It pairs superbly. By comparison the stock cable has a much thinner noteweight and etched character that emphasises resolution and stage but can be too incisive in its expression. This is probably only the second time for me that a DD has responded so significantly to cable rolling. Certainly worth experimenting!

What a stellar IEM though...!

May 27, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #116 of 124
One thing I've overlooked since receiving mine is cable rolling. I'm currently using Xinhs version of the BlackJelly cable by NiceHCK, which is a 7N OCC graphene hybrid. It pairs superbly. By comparison the stock cable has a much thinner noteweight and etched character that emphasises resolution and stage but can be too incisive in its expression. This is probably only the second time for me that a DD has responded so significantly to cable rolling. Certainly worth experimenting!

Interesting. I like the cable that comes with it but I agree that it’s a bit thin.

May 28, 2022 at 9:53 PM Post #117 of 124

I spent today listening to the S12 and then switched to the Vernus with the “Atmospheric” filter. The long stemmed one. The fit suffers a tad with the tips I’m using but I can get a nice solid seal. The filter makes a noticeable difference for sure. I’d say it makes them slightly more V shaped. The bass comes up a bit in thickness and the top end sparkles just a bit more. I think I still prefer the flatter “Reference” filters, but this one is growing on me. It’s almost impossible to get too much of the buttery mid-bass these are pushing out. Adding a touch more weight and thump to it is very nice. The S12 puts out lots of tight, punchy bass but the dynamic in the Vernus is smoother and more present.

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #119 of 124
It’s almost impossible to get too much of the buttery mid-bass these are pushing out.

This. It appears the Vernus hasn't lost it's roots in the Falcon Pro. Things are just more controlled and balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back