Reserve VERNUS, a springtime version of the DUNU FALCON PRO, limited to 100 units worldwide!
May 18, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #91 of 124
I forgot to ask Vernus owners what model number they have on the box, my box says "LTD091"

I assume this means number 91.
Mine says LTD008. I guess I got the auspicious one! Haha!

May 18, 2022 at 11:09 PM Post #92 of 124
Just landed! Showing some pictures of the unboxing. Dunu hit it out of the park with the accessories! Kudos!

Burning in now but OOTB impressions, these are well tuned! I would say they are reference in nature and on first listen, I thought they were thin, especially in the bass. I switched to my Comply and much better. Not saying that the Comply sounded better but they gave me a better seal. Save for the tips, I am using everything stock (including the nozzles which OOTB are the reference nozzles). I would say these are bright iems but not sibilant in any way.

Agree that they scale well. There is enough bass in my view (especially where the music calls for it) but bass is not its strongpoint. For example, on the track Interlude by Yosi Horikawa on the Vapor album, you can certainly "feel" the sub-bass in that track. What stands out is the balanced/reference tuning with a slight treble emphasis.

The Vernus presents a wide soundstage and above average depth.

I think I will grow to like these.

Have to say that these are the first time that a courier company has delivered anything to me in Vietnam without me having to make any customs declaration and consequently to pay for any import duties. Second Kudos on the amazing delivery!

Photo 17-5-22, 15 54 40.jpgPhoto 17-5-22, 15 56 38.jpg
Photo 17-5-22, 16 13 14.jpg
Photo 17-5-22, 16 13 45.jpg
Photo 17-5-22, 16 14 24.jpg
Into 50 hours now on these. Have to say they are tuned great. Very balanced. After 50 hours the sharp edges are smoothed out but the detail is still there. They seem (to my ears) to get better with time. The Vernus are also source sensitive. They sound very nice on my M6Pro (AK).

Please be patient with them and to reiterate, good seal is paramount!!

To those waiting on these, you will enjoy the tuning, that is if you like a more balanced presentation. Mids are really great on these. Very natural timbre!

May 19, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #93 of 124
Gosh darn. Only "tendered for delivery" (handed to USPS) at 5am this morning, too far away (about 2 hours drive) for USPS to finish the job promptly. Only frustrating because I leave in the morning tomorrow (when it will most likely come) and won't be back home until Saturday night. It would have been a great road trip/hotel companion. More Serial time isn't worth complaining about though.

May 19, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #94 of 124

I was just sitting here enjoying a bit of spring in the garden with the Vernus and was fiddling with the cable and realised the limited run unit number is etched into the Y split!

Classy move DUNU. :)

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #95 of 124
I was just sitting here enjoying a bit of spring in the garden with the Vernus and was fiddling with the cable and realised the limited run unit number is etched into the Y split!

Nice finding! I checked mine and the number is in fact etched into the Y-split

May 19, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #96 of 124

You are right? So very subtle and classy!!!

May 21, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #97 of 124
You're the luckiest one LOL, I thought I was like number 50.

Oops read the post too fast, thought you were literally the last one.

Ha! That would have certainly been quite the achievement, getting the very last one.

Into 50 hours now on these. Have to say they are tuned great. Very balanced. After 50 hours the sharp edges are smoothed out but the detail is still there. They seem (to my ears) to get better with time. The Vernus are also source sensitive. They sound very nice on my M6Pro (AK).

Please be patient with them and to reiterate, good seal is paramount!!

To those waiting on these, you will enjoy the tuning, that is if you like a more balanced presentation. Mids are really great on these. Very natural timbre!

Thanks so much! A good seal and letting your ears adjust over time to the sound is indeed paramount with these.

Gosh darn. Only "tendered for delivery" (handed to USPS) at 5am this morning, too far away (about 2 hours drive) for USPS to finish the job promptly. Only frustrating because I leave in the morning tomorrow (when it will most likely come) and won't be back home until Saturday night. It would have been a great road trip/hotel companion. More Serial time isn't worth complaining about though.

Just a little longer!

The little details matter to us!

May 22, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #98 of 124
Been swapping in between the Vernus, Olina and FDX1.

I'd easily take the Vernus over the FDX1, it doesn't fit me that well and is generally pretty boring despite it's good tuning and resolution that kind of belies it's price.

Kind of a wash between the Olina because I think the Olina unfairly good for 100 bucks.

Someone needs to find out how you can EQ the original Falcon Pro to make it sound like the Vernus.

I was gonna buy a B2 Dusk but that plan was delayed yet again when I saw this shiny green boy.

May 22, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #99 of 124
shiny green boy
The shiny green boy is getting better with time. DDs are definitely my favourite driver and the Vernus does not disappoint! It is very balanced and smooth (especially up top) and I could listen to these for hours. They are so comfortable too.

I actually ordered the Viridian to match the aesthetics and discovered that it was 2-pin. Thankfully, Dunu had not yet shipped the order and I managed to change the order to MMCX! They had just arrived in apparently!

May 23, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #100 of 124
The shiny green boy is getting better with time. DDs are definitely my favourite driver and the Vernus does not disappoint! It is very balanced and smooth (especially up top) and I could listen to these for hours. They are so comfortable too.

I actually ordered the Viridian to match the aesthetics and discovered that it was 2-pin. Thankfully, Dunu had not yet shipped the order and I managed to change the order to MMCX! They had just arrived in apparently!
Sigh. It turns out I was still sent the 2-pin version! Thankfully I do have some adapters.

I like the aesthetic!

IMG_1206.jpg

May 23, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #101 of 124
Sigh. It turns out I was still sent the 2-pin version! Thankfully I do have some adapters.

I like the aesthetic!

IMG_1206.jpg

That cable is a rarity one way or another, in the grand scheme of things! Glad you got one!

May 23, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #102 of 124
That cable is a rarity one way or another, in the grand scheme of things! Glad you got one!
Actually, the MMCX is back in stock! I will likely get the MMCX one as well and maybe while I am at it, a Zen Pro also!

Sigh! This hobby!

May 25, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #103 of 124
Got the Vernus in last night. They sound like a much more refined Titan S. Sound even out of the box is elegant and highly detailed. Love the shape. Never got the prior falcon pro so this was a no brainer for me. Had to jump on a set before they sold out.

I am just burning them in at the moment but can't wait to get into them more. Absolutely superb timbre, techicalities in general is outstanding.

May 25, 2022 at 11:30 AM Post #104 of 124
Got the Vernus in last night. They sound like a much more refined Titan S. Sound even out of the box is elegant and highly detailed. Love the shape. Never got the prior falcon pro so this was a no brainer for me. Had to jump on a set before they sold out.

I am just burning them in at the moment but can't wait to get into them more. Absolutely superb timbre, techicalities in general is outstanding.
Enjoy them! They have gotten better with burn-in for me!

May 25, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #105 of 124
I can tell even over night they sound more spacious with more body to the sound. Astounding the level of sound quality you can get for the bucks nowadays. This has to be one of if not the best single dynamic in the price range as far as I am concerned. I feel lucky to own a set.

Not to mention they look stunning in person. Dunu did an absolute awesome job on this one.

On the other hand I kinda feel bad for folks that wanted a set but can't due to the limited availablility. Dunu should reconsider making more of these I bet they can easily sell another 100 pieces within an hour. Lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back