Request for prayers: My Dad was diagnosed with cancer today
Feb 17, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #62 of 83
It's a very trying time, and can sometimes be harder for the family than the cancer patient. Things you can do: Be supportive of your Dad, but don't be overly solicitous. Treat him normally. He's going to be going through tough times, and is going to need contact with his normal life to get his mind off of medical issues part of the time. Don't let him feel like he's ill by treating him that way.

I was diagnosed with bone cancer in 1977, and had two recurrences. The last one was in 1984, and I've been completely clean since then. So, complete cancer cures do happen. I know this first hand.

Feb 17, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #65 of 83
Hope its a quick recovery .
My uncle diagnosed with lung cancer 10 yrs ago , hes still drinkin and smokin and full of life.
My cousin diagnosed with uterin cancer 15 years ago , still running a nursing staff.
My best pal (actually my dog) bladder cancer , still draggin me around the block when we go for walks.
Its serious stuff but people survive it .
Think positive!

Feb 18, 2006 at 4:20 AM Post #67 of 83
You and your family have my best wishes. I hope your dad gets well very soon. You guys're in my thoughts...

Feb 18, 2006 at 12:45 PM Post #72 of 83
May everything work out for the better. Our thoughts are with you and your family in this time of need.

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #73 of 83
That's horrible man, I hope everything works out. Hang in there! I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and will hope for the speedy recovery of your father.

My mother recently was recently diagnosed cancer in her skin, however it looks like removal won't be a big problem - her surgery is on Wednesday and things are looking good. I am sure your dad will turn out OK too. Take care!

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #74 of 83
My prayers and support to your father, you and all your family. I'm a survivor myself and a Reiki Master, if I can be of any help please don't hesitate to contact me.

Feb 19, 2006 at 11:35 PM Post #75 of 83
I'm sorry to hear about all the other people with friends and family that are going through the same thing. I hope and pray everything works out well.

Since the thread started, they allowed my father to come home Friday night as they wouldn't be starting any procedures until Monday, however he had a very rough night and wasn't able to keep his pain medicine down, so the next morning he was readmitted, and later transported to Johns Hopkins where the procedure would be taking place. We spent a few hours with him today and he's in very good spirits. The doctor explained that they would be stopping the blood flow to the kidney tomorrow and removing it sometime in between Tuesday and Thursday. The other heathy kidney doesn't seem to be working well but they are hoping it will take over operations once the other one is gone. So hopefully in a few days we'll know where things stand.

It seems like my family and I are feeling a lot more positive and hopeful than a few days ago. Again thanks everyone for your prayer, thoughts and support.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back