Replacing D2000 With Something Smaller
Nov 14, 2010 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Skrying

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there,

I love my Denon D2000. They've been great headphones, probably my favorite ones I've owned. There are two problems though... they're heavy and they're large. Heavy headphones can be stressful on the neck and when you where them often this can be a problem. Large because I'm on the move often and simply don't have room to take these awesome headphones with me. I've been using a pair of AKG K81DJs for this purpose and they're simply uncomfortable and not sonically up to the task. That leads me to where I'm at...

I need a portable headphone that is sonically similar to the D2000. Price range is up to $300 though cheaper is better. These headphones must be closed. Comfort is high up on the list. I'm fine with on ear headphones as long as they're comfortable. Other features such as inline volume control or noise cancelation don't matter much to me. I do love the D2000 sound, that to me means strong bass but high retention of details in music. I'm open to all suggests.

I've done some looking around but not a ton. I've looked at the Beyerdynamic T50P but it's sound signature (little treble heavy and light on the bass) doesn't sound like it would fit my taste. Klipsch has their new Image One but I haven't seen much topic on it though. I've seen the Phiaton PS 320 on Headroom but I'm not familiar with Phiaton.

Source is directly out of my MacBook Pro and no plans for a headphone amp on this setup.

Thanks for reading and your suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back