Replacing cushions in a Senn HD 380 PRO
Oct 7, 2010 at 4:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Odrackyir

New Head-Fier
Hi there, I'd like to know where could I find both a proper cushion for a HD 380 PRO can (in terms of purchasing, since sennheiserstore doesn't seem to have any specific replacement for these ones) and also a tutorial on how to replace them. It looks easy, but I'm not rly sure I'd remove my current cushions with no knowledge on how to put them back
ph34r.gif
. A video-based one would be greatly appreciated.
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, where could I find a proper cable replacement? Is there any specific model/store/whatever I should check?

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #2 of 4
Ok, already found the proper ones. I'll leave the link so anybody can find'em

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/serviceandsupport_part-finder_cushions_085733

And here's the tutorial. This is on a HD 280 PRO, but I'm pretty pretty sure the procedure is the same for these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXqL7Q-tW6Y

However, still have a question. I've noticed the replacement cushions are exactly the same than the original ones (kinda obvious, but you know there could be some alternative/mod intended ones right?), and was wondering wether I could make other models' (like the HD595's) fit in the HD 380.

Apr 28, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #4 of 4
Just an update since this scores high on a Google search:

The OEM replacements are Sennheiser SKU 523310.
They're not listed as being for the HD 380 on Senheisser's U.S. page but they are the right ones.  (And they do come if you search for HD 380 parts on their website....)

The replacement procedure is not the same as shown in the video for the HD 280, but it is simple enough.  Just pull off the old cushions and snap the new ones into place.  Both steps take a bit of force, don't be alarmed.
You may come across a video for installing a third-party version of these cushions where they take the retaining ring from the old cushions and put it in the new ones; this isn't necessary if you get the Sennheiser OEM part as it comes with a new retaining ring already in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back