Replacing a pair of Bose Around-Ear Triports. Any suggestions?
Apr 11, 2011 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

personnamedmatt

New Head-Fier
Hello, Head Fi Forumers.  As you can probably see, I'm brand new around here, so you'll just have to hang on for a while as I get used to things...
rolleyes.gif

I've been looking for a good pair of headphones, and am really considering the Sennheiser HD 595's.  Right now, I have a pair of Bose Around-Ear Headphones, and they just don't cut it anymore.  I always thought I'd get used to the lack of bass in them, but the best they can even think of mustering for me is an undefined low rumble.  I want something that has bass with some real power behind it - more of a boom than a low rumble.  I really like the looks of the HD 598's, and they seem to be getting great reviews.  I don't know whether or not they'll give me the bass that I want or not, though... does anyone have any recommendations?  I have a budget of around $200-240, and want basically the best cans that I can get for the money.

Any suggestions?
Much appreciated,
-Matt

Apr 11, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 2
...and then there are the AKG K601's and K272's.  I'm just at a total loss as to what the differences between all these different headphones are.  I just don't have the experience to know how each of them will sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back