Replacement cord for Panasonic RP-HJE900
Jan 5, 2011 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tahwwhat

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Pana RP-HJE900 in-ears about six months ago.  I really like these headphones, and would like to get a good replacement cord.  I already tried the sleek audio SA headphone cord, but I can DEFINITELY hear a difference in the sound quality.  I think it's most likely because I'm an idiot and ordered the wrong cord-- the metal parts on the plugs that go into the ear pieces are significantly shorter than the plugs on the original cord.

Is there a Sleek Audio cord that is more appropriate for these headphones?  Or, does anyone have a link to buy the original cord that is still available in Japan?  I've been looking for it but I haven't had any luck finding a place to buy it.

Thanks,
T

Jan 5, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 10
I've read somewhere (although I can't find it now) that the HJE900s use the exact same connector as Sleek Audio uses for their headphones. You can order the SA1 cable from Sleek's webstorem which has straight connectors.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 10
I bought the SA1 cord.  The connectors do look like the original Pana connectors, but they are significantly shorter-- probably about a millimeter.  I think it results in an incomplete connection, and the sound quality of the headphones is greatly reduced. :frowning2:  I don't know what to do about it because I have no idea where to buy the original cord.

Jan 5, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
I bought the SA1 cord.  The connectors do look like the original Pana connectors, but they are significantly shorter-- probably about a millimeter.  I think it results in an incomplete connection, and the sound quality of the headphones is greatly reduced. :frowning2:  I don't know what to do about it because I have no idea where to buy the original cord.

Ah, sorry - I must have misread your first post.
You might want to try calling Panasonic and asking if you can buy a replacement cord. They'll probably sell one to you - after all, why else would they make the cords replaceable?

May 13, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #8 of 10
Bump, I bought the SA6 cable, and even tough the cable is longer and the connectors are angled I do prefer the original cable, thing is that the right connector of the original stop working. Any Ideas where I can buy an original pannie cable?

May 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #9 of 10
http://en.item.rakuten.com/nakaden/1481422/

I found this link on another thread on hje900 replacement cables. These are the japanese replacement cables, which doesnt have the silver finish.

May 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 10
I am one of the few who actually thinks the HJE-900 sounds better with the Sleek cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back