Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread
Oct 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #62 of 344
Am interested as well..but only in 2014.. My complete budget for this year went uP on my custommade amp that i am getting from BC..

So i for sure will miss the stock he has left :frown:

And i will have to sell my jergmodded/grill modded he500 also..but i dont think that will be a problem :wink:

Damn..wish i had some spare cash in my wallet to get this phone.. Damn!!! Well..then i just have to find a second hand he5 in the wild here in europe... And then sent it to u and let u do ur magic on it.. 600usd is a reasonable price in my book for ur complete mods package.

But.. if i want to keep the hifiman connectors? (I owe a very expensive custommade balanced cable for these connectors!)
And no wood thingies (i hate the wood look!)..so just keeping the plain plastic cups (if the wood doesnt atribute to the better soundquality ofcourse!!
And no need for cable mods..have one already..lolz
And i am very curious to try out ur modded he5 with the jergpads by modulor..to see which pad could be better suited for my musical taste..as i love these pads on my he500!

with other words..if u only would do the sound improving mods..what would be the price then? Would my grill mod even more improve the sound or do u advice to put the original grill back on then with the dustscreen?

Honestly..i dont care how a phone looks...(i listen in complete darkness) i always would prefer a tankbuilt superior sounding UGLY phone over any inferior sounding flashy/classy phone anytime..no matter the builtquality!

Thanks for replying..once again..wish i knew this earlier.i would for sure placed that order already! As u do good work..ur very quality orriented..and that matters to me!

Pity ur not so lucky with modding the he500..MAYBE ONE DAY?..as that would for sure put an atomic bomb on the higher end headphone community!!!!

. But in january i am a new customer..only depends on the availlabity of ur he5's or any secondhand ones in the wild! And ofcourse me selling my own wonderful sounding he500.

Thanks LFF for replying!

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #63 of 344
Am interested as well..but only in 2014.. My complete budget for this year went uP on my custommade amp that i am getting from BC..

So i for sure will miss the stock he has left
frown.gif

And i will have to sell my jergmodded/grill modded he500 also..but i dont think that will be a problem
wink.gif

Damn..wish i had some spare cash in my wallet to get this phone.. Damn!!! Well..then i just have to find a second hand he5 in the wild here in europe... And then sent it to u and let u do ur magic on it.. 600usd is a reasonable price in my book for ur complete mods package.

But.. if i want to keep the hifiman connectors? (I owe a very expensive custommade balanced cable for these connectors!)
And no wood thingies (i hate the wood look!)..so just keeping the plain plastic cups (if the wood doesnt atribute to the better soundquality ofcourse!!
And no need for cable mods..have one already..lolz
And i am very curious to try out ur modded he5 with the jergpads by modulor..to see which pad could be better suited for my musical taste..as i love these pads on my he500!

with other words..if u only would do the sound improving mods..what would be the price then? Would my grill mod even more improve the sound or do u advice to put the original grill back on then with the dustscreen?

Honestly..i dont care how a phone looks...(i listen in complete darkness) i always would prefer a tankbuilt superior sounding UGLY phone over any inferior sounding flashy/classy phone anytime..no matter the builtquality!

Thanks for replying..once again..wish i knew this earlier.i would for sure placed that order already! As u do good work..ur very quality orriented..and that matters to me!

Pity ur not so lucky with modding the he500..MAYBE ONE DAY?..as that would for sure put an atomic bomb on the higher end headphone community!!!!

. But in january i am a new customer..only depends on the availlabity of ur he5's or any secondhand ones in the wild! And ofcourse me selling my own wonderful sounding he500.

Thanks LFF for replying!

Keep which plain plastic cups? :wink:

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #64 of 344
Keep which plain plastic cups? :wink:

I know i know...i found it out after i wrote that post..lolz as I thought it was non-woody like the newer models..newbie mistake..oopsie

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #65 of 344
Hi ValentinHogea,

How do you compare Code X and LCD3 in terms of weight, clamping pressure and the sound? I know you did a brief comparison but can you dig in a little bit more. I'm waiting mine to come and definitely with vastly high expectations. By far my favorite can is LCD3 among HD800, T1, PS1000, TH900, ED8 and Sig Pro, which is my current inventory.

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #67 of 344
  Hi ValentinHogea,

How do you compare Code X and LCD3 in terms of weight, clamping pressure and the sound? I know you did a brief comparison but can you dig in a little bit more. I'm waiting mine to come and definitely with vastly high expectations. By far my favorite can is LCD3 among HD800, T1, PS1000, TH900, ED8 and Sig Pro, which is my current inventory.

I'd say the clamping force is a bit lighter. The big difference is however that the pads and headphone don't have the "roll inwards towards the nose"-feeling.

With LCD-2 r2 and LCD-3, the fluffier pads tend to create an inward rotation... the modded HE-5 doesn't have that problem.

The HD800 is conciderably lighter and also "aerier". They convey the feeling of not wearing headphones. As good as the Code-X might be, it's close... but no cigar.

Oct 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #68 of 344
I'd say the clamping force is a bit lighter. The big difference is however that the pads and headphone don't have the "roll inwards towards the nose"-feeling.

With LCD-2 r2 and LCD-3, the fluffier pads tend to create an inward rotation... the modded HE-5 doesn't have that problem.

The HD800 is conciderably lighter and also "aerier". They convey the feeling of not wearing headphones. As good as the Code-X might be, it's close... but no cigar.

I just got confirmation of another headphone nut i know pretty well and consider as one who is very knowable about headphones..especially hifiman (as he is a dealer for them here in the netherlands ) that this headphone is something special!! He was the lucky one who u let him listen to ur headphone valentinhogea (its harold!)... And he said: unique and wonderful phone!
Damn i want one! But now i have to sell my jergmodded (by modulor) he500 first as i almost spend my whole audio budget foR 2013 on a special custommade balanced cable and on my new to arrive custommade BC amp.. :xf_eek:

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #69 of 344
^Busted!!!

The price is 600$ on top of the price of the HE-5?

Oct 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #72 of 344

​
I just got confirmation of another headphone nut i know pretty well and consider as one who is very knowable about headphones..especially hifiman (as he is a dealer for them here in the netherlands ) that this headphone is something special!! He was the lucky one who u let him listen to ur headphone valentinhogea (its harold!)... And he said: unique and wonderful phone!
Damn i want one! But now i have to sell my jergmodded (by modulor) he500 first as i almost spend my whole audio budget foR 2013 on a special custommade balanced cable and on my new to arrive custommade BC amp..
redface.gif

Harald is a really cool guy! I've mailed with him on numerous occasions, but that was the first time we met (by mistakes... he sat in the chair between while I was a bit disappointed by the Orpheus-system or rather the music playing).
He has heard a lot of heaphones but I think both my Anax-modded and ReferenceSounds-modded phones impressed him. :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #75 of 344
Hey VH, what kind of grills are on there? Stock hifiman? Have you tried them naked?

Damn..ur to quick..i wanted to ask that also..as with my he500 it did wonders to the soundstage (custommade grills with extreme big holes in it and no dustscreen.... See pics)..

So would it improve ur code-x also..LFF, did u try it? Or did it mess up the balance in sound u wanted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back