RedGiant: A Supernova in the Making?
Apr 30, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #317 of 441
Well this is laaaame, my pair has been sitting in the post office all weekend but it doesn't look like it'll be delivered until tomorrrow, Tuesday.  Guess I'd better just wait!

Stupid Post Office...

May 1, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #318 of 441
Just a heads up - haven't checked the thread and just today read through all the posts, just now.

My review should be coming soon, very soon - it's the next on the list, bot the A04 and A03.
My EU/UK tour is being setup as we speak - trying to determine where and who gets it first/last.
So you should have another 6 people with impressions.

My impressions/opinions haven't really changed.
These are quite capable.

-The sound feels like it's a little far, like the IE7/8.
-The bass is there
-What strikes me more than anything is this:
Sometimes I feel like I need to reduce the mids by a huge margin, and at other times I feel like I need to add a little bump in the mids.

Since I've received them, I've had a lot more earphones come in, ie. with the likes of the PFE232's
So long story short, my initial impressions weren't really wrong, and I still kind of feel that way about them.

Just like the ASG-1's these are special. These are different from anything I've heard.
My initial impressions are rarely completely wrong.
I guess I exaggerated about the A04 a little, but the A03...pretty much bang on.

May 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #319 of 441
Quote:
Just a heads up - haven't checked the thread and just today read through all the posts, just now.

My review should be coming soon, very soon - it's the next on the list, bot the A04 and A03.
My EU/UK tour is being setup as we speak - trying to determine where and who gets it first/last.
So you should have another 6 people with impressions.

My impressions/opinions haven't really changed.
These are quite capable.

-The sound feels like it's a little far, like the IE7/8.
-The bass is there
-What strikes me more than anything is this:
Sometimes I feel like I need to reduce the mids by a huge margin, and at other times I feel like I need to add a little bump in the mids.

Since I've received them, I've had a lot more earphones come in, ie. with the likes of the PFE232's
So long story short, my initial impressions weren't really wrong, and I still kind of feel that way about them.

Just like the ASG-1's these are special. These are different from anything I've heard.
My initial impressions are rarely completely wrong.
I guess I exaggerated about the A04 a little, but the A03...pretty much bang on.

Awesome, looking forward to it!

Anyway, my A03s just arrived today - I've listened to them a bit so far, I'll comment on that later.  I seem to have been having some trouble getting a proper seal though...the right side seems to suffer from a bit of driver flex but seals well whereas the left side doesn't have any driver flex and doesn't seem to seal properly.  I'm gonna have to spend some time playing with the tips!

May 1, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #321 of 441
Quote:
I have a little driver flex with the A04's, none with the A03.
I found stock tips aren't the best, and comply tips are the best for fit.

What size fit the best?  They seem like T400 size...I really need to get some comply tips some time, I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to get a perfect seal with the included tips.  It's odd though, only the right side has the driver flex, and it seems that the right side hurts my ear after wearing them for awhile.  dweaver complained about the same thing, I'm wondering if maybe this pair just happens to be defective?  Perhaps I should contact redgiant.

May 1, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #323 of 441
I would like to add to my earlier brief review...

My complaint of smearing on vocals, lack of sparkle and overhang on bass notes that I perceived is probably due to driver flex on the left earpiece.

I listened for many hours yesterday,  taking out and reinserting the the left side numerous times. Devoid of driver flex, I heard magical sounds coming out of the A03! For me the staging widens somewhat and still conveys a good sense of depth. Very impressed at what a grand sound the A03 is capable of, extremely enjoyable!! 

May 1, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #324 of 441
Alas my time on this thread was short and DaBomb77766 will now take my place. But while trying to help him find some affordable tips I found this and in a moment of insanity (small insanity LOL) I bought them. So if they are any good I'll will be starting a new thread or if they utter garbage (likely) I won't LOL.

May 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #325 of 441
Quote:
Alas my time on this thread was short and DaBomb77766 will now take my place. But while trying to help him find some affordable tips I found this and in a moment of insanity (small insanity LOL) I bought them. So if they are any good I'll will be starting a new thread or if they utter garbage (likely) I won't LOL.

Maybe you should start a thread even if they are garbage!  A reverse-FOTM!

May 1, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #326 of 441
Quote:
Maybe you should start a thread even if they are garbage!  A reverse-FOTM!

You mean like the skullcandy and beats bashing threads?  
rolleyes.gif

May 1, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #327 of 441
Quote:

Hm...  WallyTech...  Hrm... 

WhatWhat again...

May 1, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #328 of 441
I will make some sort of thread I imagine even if it's just a RUN AWAY thread
evil_smiley.gif

May 1, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #330 of 441

Users who are viewing this thread

Back