red wine audio isabellina hpa
Mar 24, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #61 of 85

Quote:
So if I were to use the Isabellina as a DAC with the fixed outputs, would the single tube be a part of the signal path still?

Yes - it is!
cool.gif

And the outputs are offered as fixed, or variable (volume controlled)... depending if you want to use the Isabellina HPA as a dac into
another system, or to feed power speakers or a power amp where you would need a volume controlled signal.

Apr 7, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #63 of 85
If anyone is interested in the balanced headphone stage on Red Wine Audio gear you may want to check out my post here: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/437559/isabellina-hpa-owner-s-thread-and-impressions/405#post_7391006

I'll post a new impressions thread once I've had a chance to evaluate it. It only just came in this afternoon.

Apr 7, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #64 of 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif 3/21/11 at 11:28pm

Seriously. Since buying the NFB-10ES and now running it balanced with my LCD2's. I really thought I wouldn't be able to improve on this set up without having a separate DAC and amp and keep it balanced. 

I'm going to wait for when Vinnie goes balanced on the Isabella... que bella!

I hate being right.
redface.gif
 It's too expensive.

Apr 7, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #65 of 85
Tmoney I got to hear the Balanced RWA at the NY meet and I literally had to pick my jaws off the floor when listening to the LCD-2. They took the LCD-2 to a level only the WA22 and the Apache could possibly emulate. I'm not sure how much they will be retailing for but it is definitely the best tube/hybrid amp I've heard period. 

Apr 20, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #67 of 85
If anyone is interested in reading my thoughts on the Balanced Isabella, I finally put them up here.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/437559/isabellina-hpa-owner-s-thread-and-impressions/420#post_7418924

May 5, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #68 of 85
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Balanced Isabella DAC/HPA prototype on loan from Vinnie for my mini-meet this weekend. 

My LCD-2's have never sounded so good.

Aug 6, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #70 of 85
I just came back from a meet and got the chance to listen to the Red Wine Audio Isabellina HPA with the HE-600 and the Audeze Edition with LCD-2s.

I was floored by how natural they sounded! They really put the other setups in the room to shame (notably I saw the Lyr, Asgard, and a +$6000 Woo Audio setup); they were very warm, immersive, and most notably they were incredibly clean-sounding, that is, the purity and transparency of their sound was in a class of its own.  I have never heard such lifelike tonality come out of acoustic and classical music.

Also it has absolutely no noise whatsoever; when there is silence on the track it is dead silent, which means a lot.

And Vinnie is very friendly and a pleasure to talk with!

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #71 of 85
All,

Thanks for posting your pics and impressions!  More feedback from the NJ Headfi meet last Saturday was posted here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/566003/new-jersey-meet-aug-6-2011-post-pics-impressions-here:

(page 1 is mostly nice pics from the meet.  You'll even spot our upcoming CD transport that can plug into the Audeze Edition, 
Isabellina HPA, etc. 12Vdc output jack.  So its all on LiFePO4 power and transportable...)

I'm also making a Balanced Isabellina HPA LFP-V Edition for Wavoman - with more gain for his K1000s and 12Vdc output for
his Wadia iTransport.  I already tested the design on my K1000s... never heard them sound this good before!

Thanks again!  

Hope to see you guys at the next NY or NJ Headfi meet, or at CanJam at RMAF!

Vinnie

Aug 8, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #72 of 85
Vinnie, 

Congratulations on new good stuff you will bring to all head-fiers around the globe !

Would love to know what extra upgrades (excluding  tube stage and LPF battery) I could get for my almost 2 years old Isabellina HPA.

David

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #73 of 85
Hi David,

Thank you!

If you exclude the LFP-V Edition upgrade to the SLA version of the Isabellina HPA, the only other upgrade
that can be added is the Isabellina Pro dac: http://redwineaudio.com/components#isabellina_pro

and the 12Vdc output jack feature.

The Isabellina HPA cannot be upgraded to the balanced output stage without the LFP-V Edition upgrade because
the balanced output stage requires our 25.6V LiFePO4 battery pack.  The SLA version of the Isabellina HPA
that you have only has one 12V SLA battery inside.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Vinnie 

Aug 11, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #75 of 85
Well, I finally signed up for the website. I'm a new happy owner of Red Wine Audio Isabellina LFP-V amplifier and I'm using it with my Beyerdynamic T1 with an upgraded cable. I think it's a terrific combination. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back