Recovering from "the Procedure" - A Rant
Nov 14, 2005 at 10:21 AM Post #16 of 82
I am going to have "the procedure" done soon... But after reading this I am thinking about calling it quits and ask my wife to get some anticonceptive patches instead.
blink.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 10:39 AM Post #17 of 82
Sounds all too definite in my ears, even though it is supposed to be reversible.

Life is so full of surprises, good and bad...

Anyway, get well.

Nov 14, 2005 at 10:52 AM Post #18 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRESCENDOPOWER
Heck yes it is. Now, you're shootin' blanks!
icon10.gif

lol.

Nov 14, 2005 at 12:54 PM Post #21 of 82
Much better to get it done internally if your lucky enough to get an inguinal hernia.

Are you completely out of your mind?? I have had 3 inguinal hernias.
This is not being lucky. There is only one thing worse than this.
Kidney stones, one of which i had last week for the second time in
10 years.

Nov 14, 2005 at 2:54 PM Post #24 of 82
Hats off to you, e-t. I'm sure your wife appreciates it. Hope you are feeling better, and back to 'business as usual' very soon.

I don't have kids, and at this point in my life I don't plan on it, so I've thought about getting the procedure done anyway. Aside from the procedure itself, I've read that it can increase the likelyhood of prostate problems, of which my family has a history on my dad's side. So I've held off for now.

I'd also be sweatin' bullets that 'first time' after the procedure was done, hoping I wouldn't pop a stitch, or something.

Nov 14, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #25 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Onix
I am going to have "the procedure" done soon... But after reading this I am thinking about calling it quits and ask my wife to get some anticonceptive patches instead.
blink.gif

OMG!
eek.gif

How many kids do you have Onix? How many times did your wife have to go through childbirth, not to mention carrying the baby for 9 months with all the consequences (throwing up, aching back etc.) And now you want her to do the dirty work again?

Be a man Onix, like our brave mod E-T!
tongue.gif

Seriously E-T, hope you're feeling better soon, I'm in quite a lot of pain every month but when you're not used to it it has to be even worse.
frown.gif
tongue.gif

Sorry, really serious this time, I hope it doesn't bother you during jury duty. Get well soon!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 4:07 PM Post #28 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
my cat feels your pain
icon10.gif
wink.gif

Does the fact that the above statement is probably the funniest thing I've ever read make me a sick person?
smily_headphones1.gif

/JF

Nov 14, 2005 at 4:17 PM Post #29 of 82
I've heard mixed things about "the procedure", my dad went back to work after his
blink.gif
and I hear other people that are in bad shape like it sounds you are... different strokes for different folks I guess... get well soon!

Nov 14, 2005 at 4:32 PM Post #30 of 82
Hey big guy!
I feel your pain.....somewhat.
I had to wear sweat pants for about a week after I had mine done. It didn't hurt too bad other than that dull ache like someone had kicked you in the jewels. Keep em cool!

The good part is my Dr. PERSCRIBED lots of sex to make sure the pipes were all cleared out (Come on honey let's go, Dr.'s orders). That was fun
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

The Wife was glad I had it done, she didn't handle the pill very well and was really gald to be off it.
TR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back