Recovering from "the Procedure" - A Rant
Nov 14, 2005 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 82

elrod-tom

Moderator - Prefers "stereo weirdo" to "audiophile"
Oh man, this is just not fun...

I can't believe that I'm actually posting this, but this has just been such a trip I just can't help it.

Earlier this week, I went in for what we married guys who have caught our limit of kids call "the procedure". I'd heard so many things about how it's no big deal...that may be true in the end, but consider this to be full disclosure.

First of all, if you don't like needles, you're in for a rude awakening. I used to be one of these guys who would literally hyperventilate when they took blood from my arm. Then I developed nasty allergies and had to get shots twice a month...and that changed. Well...it changed when it comes to getting shots IN YOUR ARM, anyway....yes, that's right...they use a LOCAL!! Lidocaine...burns like hell when it goes in. Think of what it feels like when you get a shot at the dentist, and then think about taking the shot somewhere a bit more sensitive....
eek.gif

Turns out, just to make things that much more interesting, I'm one of these guys who doesn't seem to go numb at the dentist without having several shots. Those shots hurt like hell!!! Ended up taking four in each side, as it were....

Oh, and my advice is to ask for valium. Call it knowing what's going on while under local...just a bit unnerving. I took my iRiver and listened to music while the whole thing was going on, but more than once my doctor asked if I was doing OK. Apparently he was concerned about me hyperventilating.

So I've been sitting around the house doing nothing but listening to tunes and watching sports and DVD movies, with two bags of frozen peas packed in my shorts. I hurt a lot, and none of my buddies who talked about how it was no big deal warned me about any of this!!

I'm sore...it hurts to walk, to sit....and tomorrow, I have to venture downtown for (ugh!!) jury duty...this ought to be quite a day.
mad.gif

This had better be worth it!!
mad.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 4:48 AM Post #3 of 82
ouch and OUCH. they ain't getting anywhere near my junk. get better soon man, and don't bump into the wall with that grapefruit.

oh yeah, and don't eat those peas either.

Nov 14, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #4 of 82
Just a quick reminder - while the subject matter is a bit more mature than usual, let's not get TOO specific about things. Thanks...

Nov 14, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #5 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
oh yeah, and don't eat those peas either.

ew...
eek.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #11 of 82
Much better to get it done internally if your lucky enough to get an inguinal hernia. While the surgeon is in there repairing the 'ol hernia, just tell him/her to cut the vas while their in there. Your under general anesthesia, and you won't develop elephantitis scrotus. Trust me.
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 6:56 AM Post #12 of 82
After mine, I felt fine in about 3 days. One bad part for me was being told that it couldn't be completely trusted until the sperm count six months later!
eek.gif

Nov 14, 2005 at 7:31 AM Post #13 of 82
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Good luck tomorrow.... If you have a written statement from your doctor, I bet you can get your jury duty re-scheduled. I can't imagine sitting in a jury booth with Jolly green giant peas in your boxer shorts. Theres gotta be a better way than that.

My wife had her plumbing tied when she was in for her C-section... phwew.... I can't imagine my wife and I being out-numbered by our kids.

Garrett

Nov 14, 2005 at 10:10 AM Post #15 of 82
maaaan... you guys are old!

icon10.gif

please don't hurt me. but I sympathize - no amount of local anesthesia works in my mouth. When I had to get my 11 cavities filled as a result of decalcifed teeth, I had to have most of them done with me in a great deal of pain. I can only imagine how bad it must hurt ... there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back