Recovering from "the Procedure" - A Rant
Nov 15, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #46 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
Yea, hangs his head to hide the smirk!

( I always remember that Far Side panel with the dog in the car addressing the cat in the window "Ha, Ha, i'm going to get tutored!"
icon10.gif
)

I don't know what you're talking about!
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #47 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by perplex
i dont understand why anyone would get this done
smily_headphones1.gif
what if you changed your mind in the future or do they bottle it away someplace for you?

you must not have any kids....

Nov 15, 2005 at 8:35 AM Post #50 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
getting back to the first post.... did you say 4 shots... in EACH SIDE?
blink.gif

Yes, that's right...I'll certainly never complain about it at the DENTIST again!!
eek.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 9:35 AM Post #51 of 82
Man, I'm getting second thoughts. I haven't looked into this but I thought it was a simple day surgery where you're back to normal the next day. What's all this talk about p-p-p-pain?

When I first got married, I (chest puffed out) told my wife in that valiant, chivalric tone of voice that I would be the one who underwent the procedure. I was (and still am) concerned about how hormonal imbalances can result for women who get the procedure.

It's pretty much a lock that we won't have a third child but I still have a couple of years to put off the final final decision. I may send a few of you PMs to solicit info on how life is after the procedure.

Tom, thanks for sharing your experience. It's obvious that it concerns many of us, directly or indirectly.

Nov 15, 2005 at 11:43 AM Post #52 of 82
Quote:

blink.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot about the shots. The pain was so bad, I repressed the memory.

Nov 15, 2005 at 12:22 PM Post #53 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3DCadman
I chickened and dragged my feet until my wife got fed up and got herself done! I am so weak.

****hangs head in shame****

p.s. no worries is a lot of fun, if you know what I mean.

You do know it's not 100% effective right? Please tell me you know that. My mom miscarried after having a tubal ligation years earlier, so just know it's not 100%.

Nov 15, 2005 at 12:24 PM Post #54 of 82
I've gone through the "procedure" 18 years ago.
The surgery itself was painless, but afterwards, ouch.
The whole area was swollen and dark blue, changing over the next days into several kinds of unhealthy looking purple.

In the end it's no big deal, the pain is over after a week.
This is way better than torturing a woman for decades with mind altering and shape ruining drugs IMO.

Nov 15, 2005 at 2:11 PM Post #55 of 82
Quote:

blink.gif

Haaaa...........................................( Few minutes later)............................I'm looking right now for a «pass out» emoticon.............

I'm terrorized by regular shots........
frown.gif

Amicalement

Nov 15, 2005 at 2:53 PM Post #56 of 82
I had it done 15 years ago after my sons where born,my wife was supposed to have her tubes tied but didn't ,so I had the procedure done instead.
I have 4 kids.

The procedure was suppossed to take 25 minutes it took 45minutes & yes it was a little painfull. Went to work the next day but took it easy.

Would I do it again,Hell yes not worrying about slipping & getting my wife pregnant again, Priceless.

Only recommended for those who are dead set about not having any more kids & already have them.

Nov 15, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #57 of 82
Although I'm sorry about the painful procedure, I think it's great for you to get your tubes tied. After all, you guys are the ones who are fertile all the time, whereas the ladies are only fertile a few days every month. And yet women often have to take all the responsibility, and let me tell you, oral/patch contraceptives can cause a LOT more problems than most people think - depression, anxiety, loss of libido...
blink.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #58 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
Haaaa...........................................( Few minutes later)............................I'm looking right now for a «pass out» emoticon.............

I'm terrorized by regular shots........
frown.gif

Oh man, you have NO idea!!
eek.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 11:11 PM Post #59 of 82
[size=x-large]Whimps![/size]...I had the "proceedure" done earlier in my life. And more recently developed a precancerous condition nessesitating the removal of both big ones.
confused.gif
[size=x-large]Yowser!
frown.gif
[/size]
...Still learning to deal with it and the female hormones. But you just have to "suck it up and get on with life".
blink.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #60 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
Yea, hangs his head to hide the smirk!

( I always remember that Far Side panel with the dog in the car addressing the cat in the window "Ha, Ha, i'm going to get tutored!"
icon10.gif
)

Dude, I love that Far Side panel! One of my favorites...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back