Recommendation for Tube Amp
Jan 25, 2015 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MadJukes

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I recently got into the over-ear cans and bought myself a HD600 and HD650 for christmas. Since this was my first foray into higher end headphones, I got myself started with a Fiio E09K and Fiio E17 as a good starting point DAC/Amp. After listening to both of them I decided I liked the sound of HD600 better and kept those. I've heard a lot of good thing about tube amps and want to start upgrading my hardware. Any suggestions for a pairing with the HD600?

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 11
Hi guys,

I recently got into the over-ear cans and bought myself a HD600 and HD650 for christmas. Since this was my first foray into higher end headphones, I got myself started with a Fiio E09K and Fiio E17 as a good starting point DAC/Amp. After listening to both of them I decided I liked the sound of HD600 better and kept those. I've heard a lot of good thing about tube amps and want to start upgrading my hardware. Any suggestions for a pairing with the HD600?

A Little Dot mkIII (with upgraded tubes) is my favorite amp with HD600. Good luck.

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 11
  Hi guys,

I use a Schiit Vali with my HD 598s. It's a nice start into tube headphone amps for not a lot of money.

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #4 of 11
The Bottlehead Crack is very popular with the HD600/650 but I haven't heard it. 

I used to own the Little Dot Mk3. It's definitely a good amp for the price. Never heard the HD600 on it though.

Jan 25, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 11
A Little Dot mkIII (with upgraded tubes) is my favorite amp with HD600. Good luck.

What else have you compared with it? 

I use a Schiit Vali with my HD 598s. It's a nice start into tube headphone amps for not a lot of money.

I know Schiit is really good, thinking about the valhalla possibly...

The Bottlehead Crack is very popular with the HD600/650 but I haven't heard it. 

I used to own the Little Dot Mk3. It's definitely a good amp for the price. Never heard the HD600 on it though.

Thanks for the suggestions as well! I'll do my research on both of those! :)

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:46 AM Post #8 of 11
I have heard the HD600 with the Bottlehead Crack and loved it. Perfect amp for those cans. I also heard the Project Ember amp  (I'm a past owner of one) and the HD600 and liked it even more.

Garage1217 make the Ember amp and it's a hybrid; solid state and tube output. Amazing sound.

I regret selling my Ember. I plan to buy another one when I get the right hair up my ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back