Recommend me a completed TV series!
Mar 9, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #16 of 87
babylon5-71708.jpg

Also The IT Crowd is awesome.

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #17 of 87
Weeds is good underrated stuff, but it isn't completed.

I forgot to suggest Dexter - brilliant black comedy. Not completed, but each season finale has no silly cliffhangers to content with.

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #21 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I might have seen Serenity... I'll check.

Great recommendations, it's gonna take me the evening to look into each on on youtube.

Watched 10mins of Weeds Series 1 Episode 1. Wasn't great. Does it get better?

Yes it does. I LOVE that show. I hate that it is only a summer series. I would also recommend Scrubs (amazing, and in it's last season). Also, Friends and House. All are sitcoms except House. 30 Rock is also great, but only 2 seasons so far.

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #26 of 87
Ones I'd recommend (some have already been recommended by others): Dexter; The Wire; The Sopranos; Roots; Seinfeld; Curb Your Enthusiasm; The Peep Show; Black books; The X Files.

As you're into WWII you might wana check out: Schindler's List; The Pianist; Saving Private Ryan; Downfall

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #27 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by moriez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ofcourse Band of Brothers. And because you like cars and motors, Overhaulin? Maybe Biker Build Off or those Orange County Chopper boys.

I love all of those... Not seen them all though. I also like the car do up programs with Ed China and Mike Brewer. Wrecks To Riches is also pretty good... And that many episode per restoration series. God I miss having Discovery Channel and home now, Men and Motors channel has gone downhill since I was stoked about Sky giving it to us, and taking DC.

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #28 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
babylon5-71708.jpg

Also The IT Crowd is awesome.

Start with season two. Then, when you're hooked (and you will be), watch season one.

Mar 9, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #30 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I forgot to suggest Dexter - brilliant black comedy. Not completed, but each season finale has no silly cliffhangers to content with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Battlestar Galactica (only two episodes left, so by time you finish the first three season, the show would have wrapped up)

x2

Each season in dexter is a separate storyline so you don't really loose anything by not watching the following seasons (if you only wish to watch two seasons).

Battlestar Galactica is not your average Sci-fi, but something different. Quite dark and bleak, but intelligently made.

I would also want to recommend Oz, although it is 6 seasons long it is one of my all-time favorite tv shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back