Recommend me a completed TV series!
Mar 9, 2009 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 87

Baines93

Headphoneus Supremus
I don't have alot of time after school, but when I do, I like to sit at my desk in my comfy chair with the big screen, listening to music, on the internet, or watching past TV series'. I just find working my way through episodes of past TV series' nice
bigsmile_face.gif

I have now watched The Office (S1 and 2), The Royle Family (1,2,3), and Gavin and Stacey (1,2 - wiating for 3!), and loved them all. What next?

I want something new that can be as good! I'm watching Desperate Housewives, and Skins and I am pretty up to date, I've seen almost every episode of both... and watching live as they come out. (I recommend both whole-heartedly by the way, as well as all of the above in para. 2)

I like cars (waiting for Top Gear to return), motor sport, funny mainly, fiction mainly, but will try non-fiction if reccommended. Funny, yeah, but Skins is also great.

Not interested in Anime, Lost, Heroes or Greys Anatomy, Scrubs, etc.

Want something 2-3 series long that is widley available online
wink.gif
Like Ricky Gervais, James Cordon, Matthew Horne, Ricky Tomlinson etc. but pretty open.

So, preferably funny, not the ones listed above, maybe with the TV stars I like (or what I like) and fiction, 2-3 seasons long, and finished so I can d/l and watch at my own pace
biggrin.gif

Fire away.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM Post #8 of 87
Arrested Development. nuff said.

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #9 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say Firefly, but it IS sci-fi meets western, and that might not be your cup of tea... But damn is it good, and hilarious to boot!

X2 Firefly TV series and Serenity the movie (only AFTER you watch Firefly).

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #11 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say Firefly, but it IS sci-fi meets western, and that might not be your cup of tea... But damn is it good, and hilarious to boot!

X3. Also watch Serenity.

Others to consider:

The Smoking Room (brilliant BBC sitcom)
Six Feet Under
Battlestar Galactica (only two episodes left, so by time you finish the first three season, the show would have wrapped up)

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #12 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I might have seen Serenity... I'll check.

Great recommendations, it's gonna take me the evening to look into each on on youtube.

Watched 10mins of Weeds Series 1 Episode 1. Wasn't great. Does it get better?

Yeah Weeds is definitely awesome, gets frustrating if you watch mostly DVD though because it takes them so long to release it... if you're a downloader though it's no biggie.

Huff was also great, but ended way early in the series.

Mar 9, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #15 of 87
IT crowd... Good call. Watched some of it on TV. The Smoking room! Thats more like it. Remember my parents watching this. Will (re-check it out). Still looking through on youtube at you recc's. Still on AD!

EDIT: Band Of Brothers looks great. Bit big/ambitious for term time though. Thanks alot! I WILL download it for the Summer Hols/Study leave revision breaks! Knew i'd like it within five mins
biggrin.gif
Add war to list of interest. I have always been interested in WWII, and now modern war (games wise mainly) and like war films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back