Recable for UE triple fi.10?
Oct 18, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #77 of 232
The null audio cable is just a straight replacement. The only problem I had was with fit. Otherwise it should be easy to do.

Oct 19, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #79 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpkoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The null audio cable is just a straight replacement. The only problem I had was with fit. Otherwise it should be easy to do.

What kind of problems did you have? About the diameter? distance between the plugs? I really don't want to get frsutrated about those cables, that seem to make such a big difference in soundstage.

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #80 of 232
The problems I had with the null cable was that the plugs were a tiny bit longer and that they were an extremely tight fit on one side.

Having said that, correspondence with Kaiwen is prompt and courteous.

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:55 AM Post #81 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my null audio cable, and I love it.

Improves the sound a lot and the stiffness is no problem as I sleeved off the one layer of the "memory wires" that initially had 3 layers on them. All that was needed was a pair of scissors and my finger nails... took me like 3 minutes total.

After that, I would have to say that the comfort of the cables around my ears beats the stock cable. It is almost as comfortable as the Westone cables I used to have (for the Livewires.)

My only complaint is that the cable is a bit stiff, so I can't roll it around my MP3 player and put it in my pocket as I used to... I have to put it in a case or my backpack instead.

There is a huge sound improvement (imo of course) from the stock cable to the null cable w/ Mini^3 low gain high performance. So huge that the extra 120 bucks I spent on the cable / amp outweighs the 275 I spent on the headphones itself
biggrin.gif

Yeah, exactly what I feel, these cable at least improved the original sound sig by 30%. It is a vastly alternation of the sound representation. I am not sure everybody will like it though, but at least I love it to every bit
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't received any response on whether the cable is stranded or solid...

I think I mentioned a couple of pages before, it is stranded.

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:17 AM Post #82 of 232
EyeAmEye;4748459 said:
The Westone cable is better than the TripleFi cable, but the UE custom series cable is even better.QUOTE]

Oh man, I couldnt disagree more. I just tried a UE custom cable with my Triple .fi's, and I would be being too nice if I said the sound quality went to shxt. The sound was absolutely horrendous after swapping cables, so much so that at first I thought I had put the cable on wrong. I strongly, STRONGLY recommend against doing this. If you recabled your triple fi's before ever listening to them with the stock cable, for God's sake put the original cable back on.

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #83 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by fumashirou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard that TF10 with UE custom cable sounds great for lots of times. But the question is where guys like me that don;t have UE11 or 10 get a UE custom calbe.

My god man dont do it! I have an extra cable laying around if you really want one, but again, I am TOTALLY recommending against this.

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #84 of 232
Has anyone other than Audio Junk experienced problems with microphonics and the sleeve on the Y cord?

@ mrdeadfolx: are you against replacing the stock TF 10 Pros cables for the UE customs cables or against any replacement at all?

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #85 of 232
Waiting for my NullAudio cables to arrive. I ordered about 10 days ago, and still have like 5-10 days before I can get this on my hand. I really hope it doe improves the sound

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #86 of 232
mrdeadfolx;4881481 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Westone cable is better than the TripleFi cable, but the UE custom series cable is even better.QUOTE]

Oh man, I couldnt disagree more. I just tried a UE custom cable with my Triple .fi's, and I would be being too nice if I said the sound quality went to shxt. The sound was absolutely horrendous after swapping cables, so much so that at first I thought I had put the cable on wrong. I strongly, STRONGLY recommend against doing this. If you recabled your triple fi's before ever listening to them with the stock cable, for God's sake put the original cable back on.

Well, I did say I tried all 3 with the FreQ, so maybe for some odd reason the custom cable is not a good match with the TripleFi. The TripleFi cable was dreadful with the FreQ.

Only other question I could have is: are you sure it was connected properly, pins all the way in?

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #87 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Waiting for my NullAudio cables to arrive. I ordered about 10 days ago, and still have like 5-10 days before I can get this on my hand. I really hope it doe improves the sound

tosehee, did you order it with or without the sleeve on the Y cord?

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #89 of 232
I'm just ordering one now. Kaiwen replied my email really quickly.

Black cable( silver is unavailable until december ), straight connector for my TF 10 Pros. BTW, he said that the last batch was shipped entirely without the sleeve on the upper cord.

Just waiting now. Hoping to notice a big difference coming out from my portable rig.

Oct 21, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #90 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can confirm i have the UE custom cable i just received here in front of me with my triples and the plugs are a tad bigger than the stock cable.

it takes solid pressure to move them on a bit, I am wary of trying to push them on the way.

Another possible issue with the UE Custom is that if its crossover is in the cable itself, as reported on another thread, it would make the triple.fi's sound like crap as you would then have two crossovers interacting in the signal path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back