Reasonable priced bassy headphones for travel
Nov 13, 2012 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tyg13

New Head-Fier
I like to listen to a lot of electro, house, and sometimes heavier metal, and I like to listen to my tunes on the go or at school. I used to have a pair of folding Skullcandy headphones that did the job great, with a separate AA battery-powered unit for more punch on the bass, but recently I must have blew out the drivers cause the bass no longer works properly. The headphones themselves do, but without the bass I can only get extremely mediocre sound on par with iPod headphones.

Does anyone have any suggestions for durable, folding, but bassy headphones in the price range of $100-200? Preferably one with a AA bass boost of some kind, cause electro and dubstep especially are all about the lows, and I gotta have my bass.

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 7
Well a huge point for me is compactibility/durability. I like the reviews on the HFI-780 and the other two mentioned, but I'm concerned as to how they'll hold up in my backpack which is full of heavy books that crush headphones. I had a pair of extremely rigid headphones that did not fare well the first day I took them to class, and I still have the two halves of the headphones to prove it.

Nov 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 7
From what I've heard, the HD25s are built like tanks. You shouldn't have any problems, but I'm pretty sure they don't fold up.
If you want something around the ear, take a look at the vmoda crossfade lp/lp2s, the audio technica m50s, or the audio technica pro700mk2s.
Plenty of choices for yah :p

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 7
I think I'll buy the Ultrasone HFI-780s after a bit of consideration. My brother owned a pair of Ultrasone HFI 450's and he said they were great.

Thank you very much everyone for all your help!

Nov 13, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #7 of 7
Nope get the HFI-580 instead. The bass brother of the HFI-780.. I own both the HFI-780 has less bass in comparison. The type of bass you want is on the HFI-580.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back