Really need a silent keyboard
Jan 15, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #16 of 48
Another good alternative is The Logitech Dinovo Keyboards. There's quite a few models out now, all with laptop-like keys, making it quite silent. I've seen a few go on sale these days, so you can try hunting one down. If not, then, the Apple keyboard isn't a bad option at all either.

Jan 15, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #17 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are going to have a real tough time at college, I'll tell you that much. Better invest in some earplugs before you go.
tongue.gif

At least for me, after the first week was done, and things *really* got going, I was sleeping 5 hours a day and working or attending class nonstop. I was so tired that I would be fast asleep in mere minutes!

Still, you might want to increase your tolerance levels by trying to sleep with some noise, like your computer, etc.

Jan 15, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #20 of 48
Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately I can't purchase anything from Apple. I know it sounds ridiculous but it's a long story.....

As for the dinovo, I really hate those things and can't type on them. The keys barely even move.

I'm surprised nobody makes a keyboard actually designed to be quiet, with some kind of rubber cushion or something underneath the keys.

Jan 16, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #22 of 48
Sheese ur RM sounds like a sweetheart, he's not named Cho is he? <gasp> Don't college run u ppl through compatibility profiles b4r pairing u up? Bet he lied big time, that would be a bona fide reason to have u re-assigned.

Jan 16, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #23 of 48
I would go to a best buy or something and play with the keyboards.

Some of the lenovo keyboards (ibm used to make a really silent one) I think the 40 dollar one might have silicon cushions under the keys

I Logitech wave I played with at bestbuy a while back seemed somewhat quiet and from reviews it claims to be quiet to

Silentpcreview.com

They might have some good reviews on keyboards

Jan 16, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #24 of 48
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ke...s/164&cl=us,en

This is exactly what you want. It has the same type of keys used on a laptop and when depressed they make no noise. I have an older model (mine came with a cheaper mouse and its not Bluetooth) and its about 4 years old now. I usually wear out the W,A,S,D keys on a normal keyboard because I like to play shooters. This key board feels like the day I got it. Best key board I have ever had. Another nice thing is the separate numeric keypad can sync with one of your media players and function as a remote for iTunes or WMP,,,,etc.

Trust me on this one, you wont be sorry.

Jan 16, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #25 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardHeadCase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ke...s/164&cl=us,en

This is exactly what you want. It has the same type of keys used on a laptop and when depressed they make no noise. I have an older model (mine came with a cheaper mouse and its not Bluetooth) and its about 4 years old now. I usually wear out the W,A,S,D keys on a normal keyboard because I like to play shooters. This key board feels like the day I got it. Best key board I have ever had. Another nice thing is the separate numeric keypad can sync with one of your media players and function as a remote for iTunes or WMP,,,,etc.

Trust me on this one, you wont be sorry.

This guy's in college - $200 on a keyboard?? I would suggest taking your current keyboard and beating the guy over the head with it once he's asleep. That should take care of any future problems
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #26 of 48
Yeah I know, the version I have was less. They added Bluetooth and a better mouse. Try looking on ebay.

This is the model I have, its 39 bucks on Ebay.

Logitech diNovo Cordless Desktop® P/N 967428-0403 - eBay (item 110212524816 end time Jan-18-08 08:03:20 PST)

Search for Logitech Dinovo

Truth is I rather not have the bluetooth version anyway,,,,,this model I know works well.

Brand New (non bluetooth version) in the box, 95 Ballons.

NEW Logitech diNovo Desktop Wireless Keyboard + Mouse ! - eBay (item 270202643905 end time Jan-17-08 20:05:35 PST)

Jan 16, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #30 of 48
I know..some "gaming" keyboards..are marketed as silent, so that the key clicks are not heard while one is on voice comm. But most of them are wired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back