Real neutral portable amp?
Jul 1, 2007 at 2:27 AM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's ok, maybe Jamato8 can swap it for a Black Gate !

I can't think of why anyone would want too put a blackgate inside one with it sounding this good. It is so good to me that I just thought that what people say were best, were in it. My mistake in thinking that the general population bias toward the blackgate was that the blackgate is the best. Maybe the blackgate could not perform at this level! I must not have or Dr. Xin would have used one.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #48 of 54
Or, cost per capacitor cuts into his profit margins....he is after all, in China, land of cheap manufacturing....

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #49 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or, cost per capacitor cuts into his profit margins....he is after all, in China, land of cheap manufacturing....

Is Oregon/Washington now in China?
cool.gif
He lives in the great North Western Part of the United States.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:16 PM Post #50 of 54
LOL! Dr. Xin is most definitely making his amps in the USA.

Jul 2, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #51 of 54
Both Dr. Xin and Jamato8 are living in Oregon - not China. I thought everyone knew that.

Jul 9, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #54 of 54
Just for the record:
Before shipping the XP to its new owner in Singapore I tested the XP one final time with my KSC 35. What a difference!!!
With the KSC 35 the Mister X XP sounded so much better.
So once again, it is all about synergies.
I even regretted selling the little amp for a short while. But since I am looking stupid wearing the Koss, I only leave the house with my UE-10 pro. So the XP cannot be my first choice...and its part of financing my Shanling SCD-T 200C
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back