Nov 23, 2009 at 2:24 PM Post #91 of 123
"Used to"
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #92 of 123
*SpAmS*

[size=xx-large]n__n[/size]

Dec 2, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #93 of 123
**Bringing the thread back to reality**

I own both products from skullcandy and bose and im noticing a repeating pattern in this thread, pretty much everyone who commented on the headphones took one of these positions,

-Bose has decent quality but are overpriced.

-skullcandy products look really cool, bose do not.

-bose products have great sound! I have tried ipod earphones and nothing else.

-skullcandy are better because they are not pretending to have quality.

-I am an stubborn person who assumes there could not be better sound than what I have experienced.

-skullcandy and bose products both are trash compared to the amazing sound I have experienced therefore they both are not worthy of purchasing by anyone with ears.

Did i get everyone?

bose have decent sound quality and are popular but are overpriced, but the only reason bose are so popular is that they are available, the sound quality is not the best to an experienced pallette but to an average person browsing the mall, the bose demonstration may be the best sound they have ever experienced. Bose is overpriced because it can be. skullcandy dominate cosmetics focusing primarily on teens. with skullcandy you get the sound quality you pay for, cheap. skullcandy is a cheaper alternative to sound quality, sacrificing good sound for a cheap way to listen to your music. Yes it can sound a lot better, but for $9 do you expect it to?

Dec 2, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #96 of 123
I think I am going to say bose on this one. Last year before I discovered Head-Fi I was looking for a pair of headphones and went with a $20ish pair of skullcandies (the low-riders if you're curious) Now this was before I had been exposed to any good headphones so I thought the sound quality was good for the price. But the Low riders had a hinge on them the second or third night I owned them I went to a friend's birthday party and got so incredibly drunk that I passed out on the floor of my bedroom when I got back to my dorm,when I woke up the skullcandies were snapped in half at the hinge. I thought that it was just me being drunk so I went back returned the skullcandies and got a new pair. About a week later the skullcandies snapped at the hinge again while I am walking to class. This time I wasn't drunk and I didn't do anything wrong, so I returned the and got another pair. After about two months, I ended up going through 4 or 5 skull candies all snapped at the hinge and only one of them was my fault. I can't support any company that has such poor quality control. Even though Bose are overpriced they at least build headphone that have a good design that doesn't break and for that they get my vote.

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #97 of 123
o2smile.gif
I have no clue how people want Skullcandies. They are butt ugly and the sound mirrors the appearance.

Boss are just like everything else that has a TV commercial, it may work well, but its over price and theres better out there.

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #98 of 123
Sennheiser is technically the Bose of audiophiles.

Dec 6, 2009 at 1:54 PM Post #100 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll take skullcandy. Bose is a mediocre product pretending to be fine to take advantage of a clientele with a lot of cash and only a little consumer knowledge (buyer self-justification: "I heard these are supposed to be the best, and I recognize the brand"), skullcandy is happy to be flashy junk without lying about being something else. (buyer self-justification: "look at these riduculous things! sweet!") Coming from the other direction, I'll take the teenager's uncritical taste for flash over the smug businessman thinking he's made a smart purchase-- the first might lead to good taste in time, while the other never will, because it thinks it's already there.

That's right, businessmen cannot be convinced by any arguments whatsoever, while teenagers looking for flash will gladly sit down with you to have a chat about frequency response.

Dec 6, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #102 of 123
That's why I'm selling my HD600
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #103 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I voted Skullcandy only because Bose is the worst ever. Nothing can be worse than Bose.

+1

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #104 of 123
I still love my HD650's though.
tongue.gif
I just don't have enough money to upgrade to something higher. And HE60/90 electrostatics are excluded from that statement.
wink.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #105 of 123
I prefer skullcandy because they can be used as a weapon. Hitting someone with a bose triport would do nothing. Also there is a real possibility to use compacted trash in the manufacturing of those bulky skullcandy headphones. Good for the environment and I don't think skullcandy fans would get ticked at their trashy-looking headphones being made out of actual trash. They could even charge extra for it being made out of authentic trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back