REAL bose vs skullcandies thread
May 19, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #46 of 123
I would still rather have 1 bose than 5 skullcandy's... what am I gonna do with them, throw them at people?

May 24, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #48 of 123
Good point, so I can throw 5 at someone, and let 1 vibrate on the table
wink.gif

May 24, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #49 of 123
bose has the "we're good at making headphones" persona cause their home theater systems/big speakers are good actually... the triports are acceptable, though overpriced, but skullcandies are quite bad in every way. the only skulls i use are $7 ear buds that i use when lifting, because i might (and have) had an earbud pulled out of my ear after a set just to set down a 70 lb dumbbell on top of them.

needless to say, the toughest ear buds wont live through that. so i deal with crappy quality, as im not really focusing on the music at that point anyway.

May 24, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #50 of 123
Only idiots buy Skullcandy, in fact idioms of a lesser calibre buy BOSE.

May 24, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #52 of 123
If I ever find the need to store bullets a-top my head...

May 24, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #54 of 123
Tbh I think wearing either in public is gonna cause grief! Wear the Bose and ppl are gonna think you're a toff, wear the candys and ppl are gonna think you're an a bit strange!

Tis a dilemma.
cool.gif

May 24, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #55 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by nnotis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the sake of my own amusement, I'd love to hear these table rattling Skullcandy cans. If I thought the bass on the stock D5000s was out of control, what would I think of the Skullcandys?

its not bass, the "skullcrushers" just have essentially, a rumble pack on them.

think old school N64 rumble pack but instead of every time you get shot, its every time you hear a bass note.

it sounds, quite literally, like strapping an n64 controller to your face.

May 25, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #56 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hudson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tbh I think wearing either in public is gonna cause grief! Wear the Bose and ppl are gonna think you're a toff

I have seen plenty of people (proudly) wear the bose in public before. Hey, even the cool doctor dude in House wears them from time to time
tongue.gif

May 25, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #57 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have seen plenty of people (proudly) wear the bose in public before. Hey, even the cool doctor dude in House wears them from time to time
tongue.gif

Only because he was paid to...

May 25, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #58 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bose over skullcandies anytime. I would buy bose if it's priced 1/4th of its current price. It's not horrible sounding- just overpriced.

I wouldn't use skullcandies at any price. They're better off serving as a doorstop.

Well said.

May 25, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #59 of 123
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioCats /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tongue.gif

Same here, through out the entire week, i have seen 4 persons with Bose triport now. They look like they are enjoying their music, and i would probably pick bose over skullcandy too, it is something i would prefer to wear in public than the skull.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #60 of 123
If purely focusing on SQ its no contest at all, but the pricey thing is ridiculous, mine will appear on ebay soon haha. And the hometheatre of bose is imo even crappier than the headphones (AO). For the price of a bose hometheatre I will pick a Energy or Mirage system
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back