Ready to get some low/mid-fi portable iem's or over the ear's......which ones??? ( < $100)
Oct 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #16 of 28
I think they have a nice sound signature that's smooth yet detailed along with a good amount of bass and an above average soundstage.  They sound better than the HF5 imo which cost around the same ($99 on Amazon for the cobalt blue).

Theres plenty of IEM's out there where some are going to have a problem here and there but the vast majority are going to be fine.  Out of the 100's if not into the 1000's of the EPH-100 Yamaha has sold how many have had problems, I'm betting its a very small percentage.

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:
IMO, they are not worth 115. Perhaps you could explain why you think they are worth that.
Jim
PS I would not take a chance with them.

AstroTurf, you seem like a nice guy until you say things like this that make me just want to punch my laptop screen.

1) You've NEVER heard the earphone.
2) You don't have a concrete percentage of the number of people that have had problems.

Yet, you are willing to outright bash an iem that you've never seen or been within 5 miles of. I think there's a forum rule stating that you should steer clear of trying to make speculation seem like fact.

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

AstroTurf, you seem like a nice guy until you say things like this that make me just want to punch my laptop screen.

2) You don't have a concrete percentage of the number of people that have had problems.

Yet, you are willing to outright bash an iem that you've never seen or been within 5 miles of. I think there's a forum rule stating that you should steer clear of trying to make speculation seem like fact.

LOL, I was just about to state something to that effect.

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #19 of 28
I'm not trying to be mean or bash on you its just some of the things you say baffle me and sometimes I don't think you know all the facts about a topic of conversation that's going on.  I'm sure your intentions or good and I'm glad your apart of the Head Fi community but be more mindful about some of the things you post.

Oct 6, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #21 of 28
For an over-the-ear, go with the Shure SRH440.

It may look big, but it is portable. I take it on the bus with me every day. Super solid well-built 'phones, and the IEM worry of the cable eventually messing up is nonexistent because the cable is super thick and replacable for about 10 dollars!

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #24 of 28
I also do not need to personally experience drinking Drano to know it's bad for my health.

I can as a reasonable adult with common sense determine what is good or bad.

Enough off topic talk though, lets get back to the Best Value for the OP.

Cheers, Jim

Oct 7, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:
I also do not need to personally experience drinking Drano to know it's bad for my health.
I can as a reasonable adult with common sense determine what is good or bad.
Enough off topic talk though, lets get back to the Best Value for the OP.
Cheers, Jim

.....Drano?

Sigh.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #26 of 28

Users who are viewing this thread

Back