READ THIS and get a superb headphone for $16.99
Nov 28, 2002 at 6:10 PM Post #91 of 366
The funny thing is that my mom just bought me Sony MDR-V6s a few days ago for my birthday and I just ordered these with my own money. I will do an A/B and decide which one I want.

Nov 28, 2002 at 6:33 PM Post #93 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
YOU GUYS ARE SO CRAZY!!!

We're Americans
tongue.gif

What did you expect?

Nov 28, 2002 at 6:40 PM Post #94 of 366
Quote:

Buying the JVCs is like buying a couple of CDs. I've bought many CDs that I haven't liked, and I haven't lost sleep over them.

I'm glad I quit buying bad CDs; talk about a waste of money. Luckily most of the bad ones I bought were from Columbiahouse/BMG, so when I traded them in used I didn't lose too much money on the deal.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 7:13 PM Post #95 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by markl

This headphone is a totally unknown phone on these pages or any other pages. Maybe it's fantastic-- maybe one member thinks they're fantastic... we'll see..

Mark

One member said they are better then v6 and one member said they are better the the 770's... 1 + 1 = 2 not 0...

Lets just hope these are the same phones as the discountinued ones!
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Nov 28, 2002 at 8:54 PM Post #97 of 366
oh darn, I'm not sure whether to jump off the bridge with you guys or not. . . on one hand, they're only $25. On the other hand, I have my hd580s, and I use those for headphone listening. . . I'd really like a headphone that doesn't need an amp. . . and that I could connect to the computer. . . ugh, I'm close.
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 9:08 PM Post #98 of 366
Excuse me, everyone.

I'd like to announce that I will not be buying these headphones at this time.

You may now go about your business as usual.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 9:29 PM Post #99 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
I'm glad I quit buying bad CDs; talk about a waste of money. Luckily most of the bad ones I bought were from Columbiahouse/BMG, so when I traded them in used I didn't lose too much money on the deal.
smily_headphones1.gif

If I never bought a bad CD, that would mean I never bought any CDs. You have to take a risk once in a while with something you've never heard--sometimes you hit paydirt, sometimes you lose. Same expectation with the JVCs.

Nov 28, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #100 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by markl

Regardless of the asking price-- this is a totally UNKNOWN headphone. I surely hope it all works out for you...

Well, I was not going to bite until I read purk's endorsement of this headphone where he felt they bettered the V6. purk had contributed to this forum for quite awhile, and I am fairly certain his experience is speaking in his endorsement of the JVC, not giddy enthusiasm.

For myself, I am currently searching for a closed headphone that has a smoother sound than the V6 for rock music, and I thought the DT770 would be that headphone. Hearing that this JVC MAY best the DT770, not merely equal it, and considering the VERY low price of finding out, even if it equals the V6, I have another headphone in my stable that will be useful to me.

Plus the suggestion that the JVC is better than the HD580 also interests me, since my other 'good' headphone is an HD580 with Clou Blue replacement cable, which is very satisfying for ambient/trance/jazz music, but is VERY open, and I live near a busy intersection, so I would like to have a closed headphone that has some of the performance of the HD580, but also blocks noise.

I feel that a purchase of the JVC's, at least for me, will likely be a very good choice.

Nov 28, 2002 at 10:14 PM Post #101 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Guidry
Well, I was not going to bite until I read purk's endorsement of this headphone where he felt they bettered the V6. purk had contributed to this forum for quite awhile, and I am fairly certain his experience is speaking in his endorsement of the JVC, not giddy enthusiasm.

For myself, I am currently searching for a closed headphone that has a smoother sound than the V6 for rock music, and I thought the DT770 would be that headphone. Hearing that this JVC MAY best the DT770, not merely equal it, and considering the VERY low price of finding out, even if it equals the V6, I have another headphone in my stable that will be useful to me.

Plus the suggestion that the JVC is better than the HD580 also interests me, since my other 'good' headphone is an HD580 with Clou Blue replacement cable, which is very satisfying for ambient/trance/jazz music, but is VERY open, and I live near a busy intersection, so I would like to have a closed headphone that has some of the performance of the HD580, but also blocks noise.

I feel that a purchase of the JVC's, at least for me, will likely be a very good choice.

Jeff,

Here's a link to another JVC headphone, the HA-DX3. It's closed and has very balanced sound. It's my favorite closed phone behind the Ety 4s.

Nov 28, 2002 at 10:23 PM Post #102 of 366
Any word on how these headphones fare without an amp? I need a set of closed headphones for my pcdp and laptop...and an amp is well beyond my means. Since this seems to be relatively uncharted territory, could some of you report on how the HA D990's perform (unamped) with portable devices once all those shipments start rolling in?

Nov 28, 2002 at 10:38 PM Post #103 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by FCJ
..to another JVC headphone, the HA-DX3. It's closed and has very balanced sound. It's my favorite closed phone behind the Ety 4s.

FJC:

I'm surprised you hesitated on the 990's, if you already had previous experience with JVC phones. Just curious.

Nov 28, 2002 at 10:42 PM Post #104 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by epithetless
Any word on how these headphones fare without an amp? I need a set of closed headphones for my pcdp and laptop...and an amp is well beyond my means. Since this seems to be relatively uncharted territory, could some of you report on how the HA D990's perform (unamped) with portable devices once all those shipments start rolling in?

From the specs, and what sacd lover says, they should be very easy to drive.

Nov 28, 2002 at 10:52 PM Post #105 of 366
Lemming 644321 reporting in for duty!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

IOW - purchase of one pair just made. DOH!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back