READ THIS and get a superb headphone for $16.99
Nov 28, 2002 at 11:09 PM Post #106 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by puppyslugg
FJC:

I'm surprised you hesitated on the 990's, if you already had previous experience with JVC phones. Just curious.

Oh, no, I ordered the 990s. Tough to hesitate for only $16.99.
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 11:34 PM Post #108 of 366
I cant believe that this thread is only 2 days old and already has 6 pages...crazy.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, right now im trying to get in on discoman's deal....he said something about shipping to canada being much cheaper if more than 1 headphone is purchased...

Now i have a dilemma: Do i still get the sony v6's? I've been wanting these things for over a year, and now i finally have enough $ for them. Do i still get them?

BTW: will the beyer pads fit the JVC HA D990?

Nov 29, 2002 at 3:04 AM Post #111 of 366
I'm a n00b when it comes to being an audiophile (hopefully I'll learn something..) and I recently bought some Sennheiser HD500's off of Ebay. After listning to them, I've found that they really don't impress me much. Everyone keeps saying Sennheiser is great... Then I found out that everyone also says that the HD500's are crap. Oh well.

I guess there's one more person who's bought these JVC headphones now...

Nov 29, 2002 at 3:35 AM Post #117 of 366
ummm....2 pairs ordered.. etronics must be wondering what the heck is happening.

I think the person on that website uses "Sandy" as having a peak at the treble - he mentions that Denon headphones have sandy sound due to their apparent peak at around 16 khz. sacdlover has already mentioned that these JVC's are a little bright, so doesn't surprise me.. I don't know how well that website owner's opinions match up with head-fi members' tho'. It seems to me that he's a big EQ guy and he also says low-end Sony earbuds are great after some EQing while mentioning that "(another website) said Sennheiser earbuds sounded disappointing"... hmmm....... E805 anyone?

Nov 29, 2002 at 3:37 AM Post #118 of 366
sandy - like two pieces of sand paper rubbing against each other so slightly. you can equate it to raspy, but raspy fails to produce even volume across a wide spectrum. i think if greg did a frequency spectrum analysis he would find perhaps two or three dips in the high end. so, yes, sandy is grainy sounding. i tend to fell that grainy (like a grainy picture) tends to smug the high end sounds, like cymbals for example, instead of being crystal clear with a nice decay. with grain the decay would abruptly die. hey, they're only $25 cans. the question is - will they sound better than $25 porta pros?

Nov 29, 2002 at 4:05 AM Post #120 of 366
no, that means that you buy a radio shack 30 watt soldering iron and a mini gold plug. you cut the plug 1" away, and then solder to their respective leads on the new plug. (black is usually ground). if you can't open the old plug, then you use a battery and light bulb, or continuity tester and match up the colored wires to the correct place (top, middle, bottom).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back