READ THIS and get a superb headphone for $16.99
Nov 29, 2002 at 1:52 PM Post #136 of 366
I have a request of some good soul...

I was ordering one...shipping it to me in Canada and the cost? $86.

Yes...that is the correct price, in Canadian Dollars which is still $60 in US dollars. The reason? Shipping with shipping and handling. They GAUGE on this. Would someone be willing to order me a pair and ship it to me?

I'll send the MO to you as soon as I know.

thanks,

Jason

Nov 29, 2002 at 2:21 PM Post #137 of 366
Hi Zanth,

I'm facing the same problem too. How about we share shipping to Canada? Or if anyone else could offer to help that'll be great.

Thanks
Jason

Nov 29, 2002 at 4:17 PM Post #139 of 366
jlo mein,

Quote:

Now i have a dilemma: Do i still get the sony v6's? I've been wanting these things for over a year, and now i finally have enough $ for them. Do i still get them?

BTW: will the beyer pads fit the JVC HA D990?

If you like the V6, just go ahead and spend your money. However, I suggest you to save your money and listen to the D990 first. IMO, I perfer the D990 to V6 ( I own both)

About the beyer pads, "no". JVC earcups is bigger than the V6's. So don't expect them to fit.

wallijonn,

Quote:

sandy - like two pieces of sand paper rubbing against each other so slightly. you can equate it to raspy, but raspy fails to produce even volume across a wide spectrum. i think if greg did a frequency spectrum analysis he would find perhaps two or three dips in the high end. so, yes, sandy is grainy sounding. i tend to fell that grainy (like a grainy picture) tends to smug the high end sounds, like cymbals for example, instead of being crystal clear with a nice decay. with grain the decay would abruptly die. hey, they're only $25 cans. the question is - will they sound better than $25 porta pros?

I don't think the D990 is sandy when properly connected with my Meta42. Due to 64 impedance rating, this JVC is very efficient and sound great with any sources. I'm assuming that the KSC-35 sounds similar to the portapro, D990 tops that by a wide margin.

Quote:

how about ampless?
Any word on how these headphones fare without an amp? I need a set of closed headphones for my pcdp and laptop...and an amp is well beyond my means. Since this seems to be relatively uncharted territory, could some of you report on how the HA D990's perform (unamped) with portable devices once all those shipments start rolling in?

To my ears, quite good. The impedance is only 64 ohms, so this JVC is efficient enough to sound good w/o any amplification.

PUrk

Nov 29, 2002 at 6:08 PM Post #141 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by stinkfoot71
oops double post

Hey, how'd you do that?

I'm guessing that folks who ordered from yahoo shopping at the lower price (me, for example) won't get theirs.
mad.gif
frown.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2002 at 6:16 PM Post #142 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1
Hey, how'd you do that?

I'm guessing that folks who ordered from yahoo shopping at the lower price (me, for example) won't get theirs.
mad.gif
frown.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I ordered through Yahoo, and just got confirmation that my order has been authorized and verified, and sent to the shipping department. I'm supposed to get a tracking number when it actually ships.

Nov 29, 2002 at 9:36 PM Post #144 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
man, talk about rip offs!

the first store wanted $14.95 for shipping
eek.gif
and since they're all the same storefront...

hope you guys have better luck.

Total cost through the etronics link was $24.49, including shipping.

Nov 29, 2002 at 10:33 PM Post #145 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
Total cost through the etronics link was $24.49, including shipping.

That's what I paid, too.

Nov 29, 2002 at 11:06 PM Post #146 of 366
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
I ordered through Yahoo, and just got confirmation that my order has been authorized and verified, and sent to the shipping department. I'm supposed to get a tracking number when it actually ships.

Now I have my confirmation too; I shouldn't be so cynical!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2002 at 12:13 AM Post #148 of 366
Hirsch, FCJ, Daycart1, did you order from Etronics? I think my number was like 6. I got confirmation. When I check on the order status it says "processing". From what you guys are saying, it'll take about two weeks before they're delivered. I now understand what 'shipped in 7 business days' and 'shipped next day' means.

Is the order department open on Saturdays?

Nov 30, 2002 at 12:37 AM Post #149 of 366
Well, I would advise patience. We started this order run IMMEDIATELY before Thanksgiving. Many places of business will stay closed until Monday, basically from Wednesday afternoon until Monday morning. Many of our orders will not be processed until Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning at the earliest. Also, consider that many people are now placing gift orders on the internet now, and UPS will be quite busy for the next few weeks. So, be patient, and expect your headphones at the end of next week or at the beginning of the next week after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back