READ THIS and get a superb headphone for $16.99
Nov 28, 2002 at 6:47 AM Post #61 of 366
The specs of the new formats speak for themselves. The specs of these headphones are nothing new. The reviews from the audio press on the new formats speak for themselves (and there's lots of them).
This headphone is a totally unknown phone on these pages or any other pages. Maybe it's fantastic-- maybe one member thinks they're fantastic... we'll see..

Mark

Nov 28, 2002 at 6:48 AM Post #63 of 366
LOL...

this should be...interesting.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 6:49 AM Post #64 of 366
*shrug*

I ain't buying...

Nov 28, 2002 at 6:56 AM Post #65 of 366
[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally posted by markl
....This headphone is a totally unknown phone on these pages or any other pages. Maybe it's fantastic-- maybe one member thinks they're fantastic... we'll see....

[/size]We'll see. Exactly. That's sort of the point. Low-risk fun in the headphone world, man. Considering the higher-price-point gear many of us (including me) have been discussing lately, this is a welcome diversion. If I don't dig 'em, then I'm sure I have a nephew and niece who certainly will (truth be told, it wouldn't surprise me if they ended up with them even if I did like them). Fun, man. Low-cost fun.

Nov 28, 2002 at 7:08 AM Post #68 of 366
Markl, these arent unknown. The reason I bought mine years ago was that they were a stereophile class C recommendation. I bought mine at a closeout for $50. They listed for $150 as late as the Audio Magazine equipment directory in 11/97. When these were class C, the AKG1000 was class B, and the Grado hp-1 was class A ; and considered the best dynamic headphone then available. The hp-1 and the akg1000 are still held in high esteem and would still rank just as highly. These arent unknown they are just overlooked.

Nov 28, 2002 at 7:11 AM Post #69 of 366
MacDEF, "...a lot of these discount mail order places are actually the same store with different fronts..." i noticed that too.

bootman! ROTFLMAO.

Markl, "This headphone is a totally unknown phone on these pages or any other pages." what about the a1000, w1000, dt880? how's this frenzy any different than all the others? because you'd only be losing $25. the difference is that if it's bad, everyone will say it and no one will feel bad. pay $350 for a set of cans, put them up for sale, and you think that guy's not going to rave about them?

radrd, "spending even $28 on anything is a stretch." cut down on the pizza, beer and weed for 1 day.
biggrin.gif

MadDog, "...I know my credit-card number by heart now." ROTFLMAO.

hey, if they sound better than the v6's, i guess there'll be a rash of v6 sales
tongue.gif
figure you'll make $30 on the deal
tongue.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 7:16 AM Post #70 of 366
dokebi, because these are so cheap, and you were kind enough to alert me to these, I picked you up a pair. I will give you a pm when they arrive. Also, this is fun whether I am the goat or the hero,good observation jude.
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2002 at 7:28 AM Post #71 of 366
Quote:

radrd, "spending even $28 on anything is a stretch." cut down on the pizza, beer and weed for 1 day.

rolleyes.gif

Actually, I just blew a bunch of money on CDs and DVDs, and I'm going to have to pay for books as well as Christmas presents for my family soon. Plus, I am going to be buying a Philips CD/SACD/DVD player soon.

I already have headphones that I like, and another pair kinda taking up space until I decide whether to sell them or not. I don't need another pair of headphones unless I am almost certain that I will like them. These don't fit that criteria, even if they are cheap.

The next cans I get will be the DT770 unless a cheaper alternative with (verified) similar bass shows up. That may sound stupid to you, but that's the way it has to be. I'm not making another half-assed-tide-me-over headphone purchase.

Nov 28, 2002 at 7:40 AM Post #72 of 366
MUST.... RESIST.... URGE....

Actually, my rational side wins out this time. I have plenty of headphones that I already like, plenty of headphones on my "to do list" and I don't really need to dabble in something I probably won't be keeping (plus I have lots of presents to buy people this holiday... it would be a sad state if I were to blow my gift giving-ness because of a pair of headphones I will probably end up giving away or selling).

But I was tempted... oh so tempted... I'm glad I found this thread after it had developed while I was on an airplane... it took me reading about 20 posts before I sobered up from my initial "MUST BUY NOW" robo-mode.

Nov 28, 2002 at 8:08 AM Post #73 of 366
This is the kind of price headphones are not sold at where I live.

Anybody want to volunteer to send me a pair to Finland?

Can't order them to Finland straight from the shop it seems
frown.gif

regards,
Halcyon

Nov 28, 2002 at 8:25 AM Post #75 of 366
Quote:

dokebi, because these are so cheap, and you were kind enough to alert me to these, I picked you up a pair. I will give you a pm when they arrive. Also, this is fun whether I am the goat or the hero,good observation jude.
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

It was nothing really, but I very much appreciate what you did. Thanks sacd lover.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back